The Championship - Official Dressing Room

SaintM

Yup, no more for me. Playing Benito was pure torture, especially as i dominated the match before conceding 2 stupid goals in 2 minutes towards the end..the 2nd of which was a deflection. Completely ridiculous, this isn't PES anymore, it's a weird bastardisation of the game and it plays all wrong. Not for me at all, and i won't be purchasing PES 7 either.

Shame, I was looking forward to beating angel.

As tempting as it is for me to take points off you (as i did previously), i can't stand playing this game anymore. It really needs to be the PC or PS2 version for a proper league.

Not bothered really, just a bit of fun. Also, i beat Links before and he has no way of trying to get me back. Unlucky! :(

Our last match. 8-3 to me. Think I comprehensively "got you back". Shame you couldn't handle the pressure to play me when it really counted.

We played twice and I put 7 past you the game before that Links. You had to change to Brazil to manage a win to make it 1-1 in games. Then I finished above you in the league tables with a better average goals per game. So i don't really understand your superior tone towards me. I thumped you very badly in our first encounter, you had to put some serious effort in and change your team to draw level.

Oh well, i can't influence the aggressive attitude you seem to have taken in the thread so there's no point continuing this discussion with you. I won't be back to the thread so good luck for the promotions and relegations everyone.

Edit: for clarification, the tables for pre-qualifying:

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=142878

Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Agt GD Pts

Goldbricker 8 5 3 0 28 10 18 18

Angel 8 5 2 1 30 20 10 17

Links 8 5 0 3 35 23 12 15

furq 8 2 1 5 13 24 -11 7

bph 8 0 0 8 9 38 -29 0

(I finished above Links by 2 clear points so his attitude is perplexing. But like i say, it's not my place to tell him how to behave.)

Are you that stupid? I really am starting to think you are. I "had to change" to Brazil to make the teams LEVEL. You make it sound I did it to give me an advantage. But I guess that's why you found this league so tricky - can't really pick Brazil every game can you?

I lie, i am popping back to the thread. Links, i have no idea what your problem is, or why you feel the need to be so aggressive. I'm only bantering, but you seem to be taking it all very seriously. I have no interest in arguing with you, you were a hard player to play. Let's leave it at that.

I lie, i am popping back to the thread. Links, i have no idea what your problem is, or why you feel the need to be so aggressive. I'm only bantering, but you seem to be taking it all very seriously. I have no interest in arguing with you, you were a hard player to play. Let's leave it at that.

No I won't leave it at that. My problem is your immaturity. We ALL have to put up with the shit this game dishes out, hell I moan constantly about it to all that'll listen. What I don't do though is going in to every game expecting a win, you seem to think its your god given right to get all three points and when you don't, you sulk. Quitting a game then refusing to play the second is so fucking disrespectful. That's what my original comment about beating you was trying to do - get you riled up and keep you in the league until the end of the season to make the final table fairer to everyone. You weren't even doing that badly, by my reckoning you could have still made fourth place.

Oh and aggressive? This post maybe. The rest of the thread? Come off it.

He has a point.

We are mostly busy people with lots on - work, kids, DIY etc. When you set aside time to play your PES league games and your opponent quits the first game early and then refuses to play the second, it's quite rude!

It does sound like it would be best for you to just burn your PES 6 disc, or trade it in, as you clearly aren't enjoying the game and it's making you only see the problems you're having. Like above when you moaned that one of my goals was a deflection - loads of goals in real football are from deflections and it happens all the time. I can see how it's annoying, but it's hardly earth-shatteringly outrageous. One of your goals came from a corner where I pressed the button and my player didn't jump, leaving you a free header on goal. Annoying, but c'est la vie, you just have to get on with it.

Roma did, and Totti's neat passing with Mancini sliced through Palermo like a hot knife through butter and Montella, the little aeroplane, fired the ball home, which was something of a surprise, as he's missed quite a few absolute sitters this season...

Oh, and let's not even get started about your refusal to use the website, or when we agreed to play and you went out without letting me know :P

Fucking hell. :lol:

Sorry to intrude, but I've gotta say that playing one game and then refusing to play the second is just plain rude. And to be honest, the league is better off for eveyone without people who want to drop out every time they get a bad result. If Manic did that he'd have quit about 14 times this season! :P

I'll just point to bph.

He was in the 8.5 league with both Links and Angel and ended up on a big fat 0 points.

He was also the first to sign up for season 9 and one of the first for season 10.

Guys like him and The Goat Keeper are examples of how to lose gracefully.

Fairs fair, I could do with remembering that sometimes, but there is showing annoyance with the game and showing disrespect to your opponents. Giving up and letting teams roll you over, not playing the second match, asking to be removed and then starting to "demand" reinstatement and generally acting like a spoilt child is just about as disrespectful as you can be.