Jamie T

Das

I used to hate him with a passion. Then I went camping last year with a load of friends and a couple of them really liked his 'shiela' track or whatever its called and played it LOADS. A combination of it being hammered into my brain and it being an awesome drug/alcohol fueled week means the mention of his name now brings a smile to my face.

Saw him live last year with the same friends who like him, and I thought he was shit. Still, memories...

shit as he may be, he has something that is going to make him pretty popular i think...its like the streets...mike skinner (in my opinion) has no talent whatsoever, but something is catchy about his music

I will also now make it known that I'd quite like to smash Mike Skinners tongue with a meat tenderiser.

I looked him up on the strength of this thread. Hadn't really heard of him before. Anyway, I listened to a few tracks off his website, and I really liked them. The production's really nice and lo-fi and unpolished. But after a few tracks, his voice got on my tits. So I'm pretty undecided here.

He does sound like a spastic. I saw him live on something and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Tapen, you know how your brother has got that rude boy hip hop voice? Well, the pop rockers have started their own 'voice' which sounds just as ridiculous. It's like, "I'm so fucked man, fuck yeah I'm fucked."

The Streets' first album and Prangin Out is amazing.

Tapen, you know how your brother has got that rude boy hip hop voice?

Actually, that isn't really his hip-hop voice...he actually talks like that too :lol: Probably a result of over exposure.

Anyway, my bro doesn't sound half as spasticated as this cunt though...I mean if you don't ACTUALLY have a speech impediment, you must have to make a real effort to sound as fucked up as he does. It's bizarre, and really shit.

• 3 weeks later...

mike skinner (in my opinion) has no talent whatsoever, but something is catchy about his music

I thought The Streets' first album was filled with emotion, from the hazy nostalgia of Weak Become Heroes to the frustration-spurred procativeness of Lets Push Things Forward. Most of the tracks have a real ability to replace what I'm thinking about with a kind of melancholy desire for life beyond the pressures of other people's expectations.

An u no dat Original Pirate Material was well bangin an wiked yeh safe.