We love Peep Show

deKay

I'm finding it harder and harder to watch Mark scenes. I fell in love with the character cause I related with him back in the day, so I suppose I should be happy that I'm squeamish now. He's still a very real person, whereas Jez is a sitcom characitchure (I think?), but Jez provides "easy" laughs. Mark is too much work.

I reckon, aside from the one where Jez and Mark were trapped in the 'nether zone', this was my favourite recent episode. I was laughing so hard I was gasping for breath when Mark and Hans were in the bunker and they used matches to get the other two people out.

First short goes, first long goes :lol: :lol:

There was a Guardian piece by one of the writers, where they said that Super Hans was originally written with Danny Dyer in mind, and that Russell Brand had done an impressive audition for the part. Obviously neither would have been as good as Matt King, but it’s interesting to think how different the show could have been.

Funny thing is, superhans actually comes off as a more legitimate drugged-up muso mental cockney than they do. They seem too tryhard by comparison, even though the character is probably a sorta spoof on those kinda people it almost seems the other way round.

Oh, and I'd forgotten about the netherzone. Gonna have to re-watch that.

Classic peepshow - awkward comedy from what is essentially a pretty normal and banal situation.