PS3orders Official Thread

The Boatman

Went to the Bullring in Birmingham, and the shop "e-play" were doing PS3 pre-orders for £150 down...no, I did not preorder it. x|

That would be a pretty good scam actually. Take a load of massive deposits, earn some interest on them for a couple of months, find yourself sadly let down by your previously reliable suppliers, refund all the deposits and enjoy your free money.

After all it's not as if Sony have some sort of monopoly over the gullible idiot demographic. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon will be taking preorders from about 9am on the 15th, in the same manner they did with the Wii. I wonder how long they'll last?

Boaty, the last time they said 9am for the Wii, but they didnt actually go live until 10.08am, and then all where allocated in 7 minutes.

Amazon came through for me wii,

they are great for preorders, seems they only allocated exactly how many they can guarentee, no more, so preorder = console.

If you plan to use them for your PS3 make sure you are logged in for 1 click buying and have about 1-2 hours free tomorrow to hammer refresh, lots.

You know they will sell out though. Maybe not from people on here but on other forums there are far more people waiting for them.

Yeah probably to sell on ebay as they are expecting huge profits. If the demand isnt there from the people who really want them i.e. gamers then that huge profit might not happen.

Yeah probably to sell on ebay as they are expecting huge profits. If the demand isnt there from the people who really want them i.e. gamers then that huge profit might not happen.

Exactly. Also there will be no Christmas shopping parents willing to pay big bucks to make Little Jonny happy.