IGNORED

Ghostbusters (2016)

CactuarBill

Who's the cast? Please tell me that prick Michael Cera isn't one of the crew. He's a fucking shit actor.

Seth Rogen - Ray Jnr

Paul Rudd - Oscar Venkman

Michael Cera - Egon & Janine's son

That fat kid with the afro in blackface - Winston II

Apatow NOT Producing

From Joblo.com

Despite assertions to the contrary that are spreading all over the web, Judd Apatow is NOT producing GHOSTBUSTERS 3. Rumors started to spread earlier this week when Production Weekly claimed they had an official document which listed Apatow Productions as being in charge of the new GHOSTBUSTERS film. But the LA Times contacted Sony Pictures yesterday and got the president to go on record saying, "It's not true... Judd isn't involved." It's unclear how the rumor got started but seeing how Apatow was rumored to be involved since day one and the current writers, Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, worked with Apatow on YEAR ONE, someone could have easily faked a production document to stir up some rumors. So while maybe Sony would send offers out to Seth Rogen or Jonah Hill or whoever to star in the film, it's not an official Apatow film.

• 2 months later...
Ghostbusters III filming soon with original cast

By John Howell 20 May 2009

More news about the new Ghostbusters movie we reported earlier. In a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times, Dan Aykroyd revealed that the third Ghostbusters movie could start filming soon. He said that all the original cast have now signed on, including Sigourney Weaver, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson and of course Aykroyd himself.

Having Bill Murray onboard was crucial, said Aykroyd. Apparently Murray holds a one-fifth controlling interest in the Ghostbusters franchise. He played down Murray’s reluctance to commit to a third movie.

“I've been very busy. Harold's been busy, Ivan's been busy. And a third script really didn't coalesce properly,” said Aykroyd. “And Billy, you can't blame an artist for not wanting to do the same thing again. He did two of them, for God's sake. Although I'm the biggest cheerleader as the originator of the concept but I've never begrudged Billy not doing a third movie. I never said he held it up or that he refused. Hey, listen, he's an artist. You can't force somebody into it. I'm sorry he never read my third draft because I thought it was pretty good but, look, now we're at a point that there's a story that he can accept and that's going to work, and I think we're going to be in production fairly soon. We could be in production by winter."

The new screenplay is by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, the writers of the new Jack Black movie, Year One, directed by Ghostbuster Harold Ramis.

Aykroyd would like to see Ivan Reitman or Harold Ramis direct and is hoping to introduce a new generation Ghostbusters team with female members.

"I'd like it to be a passing-of-the-torch movie. Let's revisit the old characters briefly and happily and have them there as family but let's pass it on to a new generation,” he said.

I’m not sure if I like the idea of them introducing a “new generation” of Ghostbusters. Replacing the original cast with a younger comic team could easily fall flat. Still, it will be good see the original team together on screen again, even if it is only for one last time.

http://sffmedia.com/films/science-fiction-...inal-cast-.html

*puts grumpy selfish hat on* I don't want them to fuck with this. I don't want them to make this film. I want them to leave the franchise alone.

Yeah, I kinda liked the game-is-the-third-movie approach; giving us more without risking spoiling the original films.

Of course, it could be great; I'm prepared to be hopeful. After all, it's the original creative team behind it!

Yeah, I kinda liked the game-is-the-third-movie approach; giving us more without risking spoiling the original films.

Of course, it could be great; I'm prepared to be hopeful. After all, it's the original creative team behind it!

Except it's written and possibly going to be directed by completely different people!

Why on earth aren't Ramis and Aykroyd writing this? And a director hasn't be confirmed yet? Neither bodes well.

I guess Ramis and Aykroyd aren't as bankable as they were 20 years ago. If the new film goes ahead with the current writing team and Harold Ramis directing then 'Year Zero' should be an indication of how good it will be. Unfortunately, I heard it was bumchunks.

All this whispering about the movie is really starting to irritate.

Release some solid facts, and a release date, or don't bother with it at all.

I still think the series in its genre would be a great TV show. A full blown movie just seems bizarre and unnecessary.

• 2 weeks later...

There's an interview with Dan Ackroyd in Empire - mostly about the game, but there's some hints about the movie. (And Harold Ramis reveals an Egon line that he wants to get into the film...)

It all sounds very promising... but then, on what note does he end the interview? "It's showbusiness, you can't always put your hopes in things happening. But we got Blues Brothers 2000 made!"

Yeah, that was a comparison we really wanted to hear. :unsure:

• 4 months later...

A bit of movement on the project, from /Film

BloodyDisgusting has confirmed that Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II director Ivan Reitman is 100% attached to Ghostbusters 3. He hasn’t decided yet if he wants to direct the project, but is definately on board to produce. This shouldn’t come as much of a shock as almost everyone associated with the first two films are also on board for a third film if it goes into production.

I have heard that Office / Year One scribes Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg have turned in a script, and BD is reporting that the sequel script begins as the paranormal researchers “reopen” their ghost removal service after it has been closed for years. We’ve already heard that the film will introduce a new generation of Ghostbusters, who will be trained/mentored by the original crew.

We’ll keep you updated as to any further developments.

• 2 months later...

Some alleged spoilers dropped by Sigourney Weaver...

“I’m afraid to say it [Ghostbusters 3] is happening, I hope people are excited about that. I don’t know if I’m going to be in it, I have had a couple of calls asking ‘would you read the script’.

“I know that my little son Oscar – who was kidnapped from me – I think he has grown up to be a ghostbuster.

“I might be in it; I see nothing wrong with being in it, although I don’t think I will have a big part. I think Bill Murray has a little more to do with it –

he’s a ghost.”

Linky...

• 3 weeks later...

Could be happening this summer, could not be happening this summer....

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61915

More talk from the Ghostbusters 3 camp to put a production timeline in perspective.

Within the last year, there's been much speculation, fake fan videos that have been erroneously identified as pre-production FX and recent talk from Sigourney Weaver to keep us guessing as to where the story will take the characters next.

Harold Ramis recently spoke to Heeb and had this to say about the project:

Something's going to happen. Dan [Aykroyd] did write a spec GB3 screenplay a few years ago, but no one was motivated to pursue it. Now, 25 years after the original, there seems to be some willingness to proceed and apparently a substantial public appetite for a sequel. We'll introduce some new young Ghostbusters, and all the old guys will be in it, too. Think Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future...GB3 is progressing with plans to shoot next summer and release in 2011.

This summer might be an exciting time to live in New York City, home of the Ghostbusters, especially if the production decides to set up shop there. Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky are penning the third film.

It's 3D for sure.

Thing is, and it's depressing to say, neither Ramis or Akroyd have any pull on this at all. They seem to both be out of the actual loop. The fact that someone else is writing the screenplay makes them seem more like actors for hire than having anything hands on to do with the project. Considering they created the series, that's pretty sad.

God, all this sounds bloody awful. A 'new generation off Ghostbusters' just reads as launching a new line of merch, grooming poor nostalgic parents into buying their kids a load of charmless, bullshit toys. Just because all involved in the original went broke and the studio can sniff a bit of money.

Why not have old Ghostbusters? It could be a tender film about some old boys sitting around a table reflecting on better times. It should be Egon weeping into a pint glass of Crystal Head vodka and being haunted by Rick Moranis.

I'd watch that in 3D.

If they do get all the cast back, and they've only agreed in principle, then I'd still say they'd by and large be glorified cameos. It really is about launching a new generation. Each sequel will then say feature Akroyd in some minor capacity but push forward with the new Ghostbusters introduced in the first "new" film.

It's 3D for sure.

Thing is, and it's depressing to say, neither Ramis or Akroyd have any pull on this at all. They seem to both be out of the actual loop. The fact that someone else is writing the screenplay makes them seem more like actors for hire than having anything hands on to do with the project. Considering they created the series, that's pretty sad.

This probably happened after they made Year One. I hear that was incredibly bad.

This probably happened after they made Year One. I hear that was incredibly bad.

I think it's been some time to be honest, at least as far as Ramis is concerned. Year One was billed more on the fact that Apatow produced it than Ramis directed it.

If they do get all the cast back, and they've only agreed in principle, then I'd still say they'd by and large be glorified cameos. It really is about launching a new generation. Each sequel will then say feature Akroyd in some minor capacity but push forward with the new Ghostbusters introduced in the first "new" film.

If that's what happens I will be most upset. MOST. I just want one last jaunt with the original Ghostbusters before they decide in the last 5 mins to hang up their proton packs. Of course I'm living in a dream land but it's nice to dream..... :P