The Commodore 64 Book

merman

• 5 weeks later...

Owned a speccy but neighbours had c64 so I've now preordered as well for the memories...

One small thing to order I had to open the website in three browsers. It doesn't work in firefox or in opera (doesn't show the order button) so I had to resort to ie to order.

Owned a speccy but neighbours had c64 so I've now preordered as well for the memories...

One small thing to order I had to open the website in three browsers. It doesn't work in firefox or in opera (doesn't show the order button) so I had to resort to ie to order.

Works for me ok in Firefox.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we're in the final stages of layout right now. Rather than rushing to get it out, we are taking our time to ensure accuracy.

The aim is to get it to the printers at the start of December, which will mean the pre-orders will go out in January.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, ladies, gentlemen and geeks... we've reached the final proof-reading stage.

The book will go to the printers once this final thorough check is complete, and as mentioned above our aim is to go to print on December 1st. Get your pre-order in, and you'll get yours quicker!

Only just seen the PDFs of this. Question: what's the thinking behind random words appearing in bold type?

Proper nouns, and things I want to draw attention to. Not strictly random.

It's been said a zillion times before, but I'll repeat it again :D The PDF isn't that good an indicator as to how the final book will look. For some reason, it's a lot harder to read on screen than it is on the printed page.

Andrew

Ahh, a small price to pay to relive such fond memories. Pre-ordered!

International Soccer best be mentioned!

But of course it is!

Just checking the last few pages now to make sure no little errors and problems remain, and then it's off to the printers!

Review copies will be going out as soon as we can send them...

• 3 weeks later...
Is the announcement going to be, 'All Commodore 64 books will be dispatched this week, after which we will begin working on the eagerly anticipated BBC Micro follow-up'...?

:(

Now just hold up there buddy - we all what's coming next and it's the amiga version! You can fight with those dastardly Amstrad owners for what comes after the Amiga version but I've got it on good authority* that the amiga one is next.

* Made up in my head.