The Commodore 64 Book

merman

Well, I received the Spectrum book and love it, so promptly ordered the C64 one, never owned one myself as I was always a spec head, but these are great books and I really hope you go on to do an Amiga and an ST one at least - consider copies of both sold ;)

Well done guys!

Right, basically what happened was that the proofs came back from the printers and had to be corrected. That meant getting a second set of proofs and checking them. Unfortunately this was delayed until after Christmas.

The upshot is that delivery will now be LATE FEBRUARY.

Right, basically what happened was that the proofs came back from the printers and had to be corrected. That meant getting a second set of proofs and checking them. Unfortunately this was delayed until after Christmas.

:P Can't be helped but I am really looking forward to this.

Fair enough, all part of the process. Thanks for keeping us up to date :P

• 2 weeks later...
Amiga 2.0+ Insert disk opening screen. It needs to be one of those optical illusion things. So when you move the book it looks like the disk is moving into the disk drive. Either that or a flashing Guru Meditation.

Nice! But it has to be a 1.2 Workbench Disc.

Right Andrew and Merman, that's the cover sorted. Announce it!

A month :unsure: It's been too long!

It's faster than the Speccy book was... Patience :o

Besides, I have actually received an advance copy for approval, and if I say so myself, it looks rather spiffy :wub:

I've sent it on to Merman now, but either he or I will put some photos up later.

Only four short weeks to go before the rest of them arrive, and then I'll start sending them out.

EDIT: Added pictures

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

Oh, and if anyone wants to link these, please host them themselves... I have limited bandwidth.

Thanks

Andrew

An amiga/ST book would be good.. god knows how the front cover would work though :lol:

Well, this is one of the ideas on the virtual drawing board that sits in the mid-Atlantic... an Amiga/ST book. You would read from one end to the middle on one format, flip the book over and read towards the middle about the other format.

So what I need you to do is go find the new thread I'm about to start on Amiga and ST games, and make lots of suggestions (particularly about ST titles that should be in it) and persuade us it's a good thing. And that you'll buy it.