The Commodore 64 Book

merman

I'm up for a copy if there's any left.

Of which? The Spectrum one is about to sell out, the C64 one is available at the end of the month (so get your order in now) and the Amiga one isn't started yet...

Looks like it will just be an AMIGA book now...

Of which? The Spectrum one is about to sell out, the C64 one is available at the end of the month (so get your order in now) and the Amiga one isn't started yet...

That's great, all the best games were on the amiga anyway. :blink:

When do you reckon the new book will get under way?

How long did these other two take?

Definite sale here.

I'd like to know why the ST was dropped? I never owned one (I was an Amiga owner) but I'm not blinkered enough to think that the Amiga had all the best games. All the polygon games (such as Carrier Command and Stunt Car Racer) were all nicer on the ST (what with the STs CPU being faster).

I've put in my order through the relevant sites for the Speccy and C64 ones. (Decided to stop procrastinating this year).

I'd definately be up for an Amiga book in the same vein.

So no ST coverage in the forthcoming book, not sure how you expect to have the same quantity/quality as the Speccy and C64 book, as IMO there werent a huge amount of ace Amiga only games.

The dual format idea was really nice, reminded me of when The One first came out, unbiased reviews of both formats side by side.

Anyhow, thats my 2p worth.

Did you guys all miss my last message? :( Anyway... The concept and exact content of the next book is still very much up in the air...

More details forthcoming when I figure out the best way to tackle the topic...

But my two pennies worth is as follows: having the book flip and be ST one side and Amiga the other side is pretty much a waste, because only a few games were released on the ST that were not an the Amiga (e.g. Oids etc.) With the format of the book as it is currently, there wouldn't be enough material for a separate book on the ST. Anyway... nothing has been written in stone yet, but whatever format the book takes, it will definitely have Oids in it... That was my favourite 16-bit game :(

Andrew

ST? it was crap wasnt it. I thought it was only any good as a midi computer.

There were plenty of great Amiga games, you probably just never played them.

Wow. What a completely ignorant post. I imagine you never even used an ST did you? Have you not read what has been talked about over the last few pages?

• 3 weeks later...
..and the new books are being packed right this minute...

Right Merman? ^_^

Not quite...

They're arriving tomorrow... and will be packed this weekend...

(I'm going to try and get them all out in one go, but there is rather a lot of them so it might stretch into the following week... Rest assured that I'll be getting them out as fast as I can though...)

Andrew

Hi,

I ordered two of these bad boys when you first started taking orders, but I'm not sure which address I used (probably my work address and I've since moved offices), how can I find this out?

Thanks and BTW, I can't wait to get my hand on it.