PS3 Pre-Orders?

Gigga

afaik GAME wont be taking guaranteed pre-orders for much longer, not sure if anywhere else is giving a guarantee at all (according to a report in MCV claiming that stores were pushing pre-orders without considering allocations)

Have you got yours? do you plan to? does anyone really care?

I order mine online with Gameplay I think back when it looked like the PS3 was going to make Xmas in Europe. Not recieved an email saying I'm not getting one so I assume I'm still in the queue. Not sure whether I should cancel it though. Right now the only use it would have for me would be to play the games my PS2 can't handle due to its dodgy laser. Stuff like Gitaroo Man and Frequency.

Genuine question: why pay more to get one later when you could import one now for cheaper?

To play this region's Blu-Ray discs?

To play PAL PS1 and PS2 games?

Prevention of a Sony u-turn on region coding?

The ability to take it back?

Bargain bin games in the future?

Probably slower depreciation?

And they probably out-weigh the £75 saved (if you scrape through customs).

There is no real benefit apart from the initial saving to importing really (unless you're keen to get BluRay discs as soon as they appear elsewhere) as you can import games easily.

To play this region's Blu-Ray discs?

To play PAL PS1 and PS2 games?

Prevention of a Sony u-turn on region coding?

The ability to take it back?

Bargain bin games in the future?

Probably slower depreciation?

And they probably out-weigh the £75 saved (if you scrape through customs).

There is no real benefit apart from the initial saving to importing really (unless you're keen to get BluRay discs as soon as they appear elsewhere) as you can import games easily.

EU blu-ray discs? so you'd wait longer and pay more in order to wait longer and pay more?

Pal ps1 + ps2 games. I'd just keep the PS2. I'd keep rumble that way too.

There won't be a u-turn

Yeah I'll give you can take it back if it fucks up within the year.

Bargain bin won't matter as it's region free

Deprecation doesn't matter a jot, nobody wants to buy the most expensive version on release day in order to sell it later, in which case buying cheap would be the best they could do anyway.

If you import one now you'll definately have it before launch date and save money. I guess it depends how much you think the machine is going to conk out.

well i see gameplay's preordering service is available. there are two packages :-

Console + Motorstorm + Ridge Racer 7+ Call Of Duty 3 £554.96

Console + Resistance Fall Of Man + Virtua Tennis + Virtua Fighter 5 £564.96

so basically if, like me, you're interested in the machine with Resistence and Motorstorm you've got to spend over £600, and end up with games you probably don't want.

Instead of ordering a PS3 why not...

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=146640

OR just carry on with your happy rllmuk lives

Christ, that's one heck of a cheap shot.

You could put that in every thread about anything. Why not donate the money you pay for your internet connection to the starving children in Africa? They would get fed and we wouldn't have to put up with this better-than-thou bullshit. Especially if you need somebody else's tragedy to look better yourself.

Bah.