Final Fantasy XIII/Agito - Versus still ages away

I dunno man, if all the cutscenes are 1080p pre-rendered footage, then that's gonna eat up a shit load of space. I have a 1080p movie which is 2.5hrs long, and is 12GB. Obviously there's gonna be some compression involved, but all the footage they chuck into an FF is gonna mean that it will chew through the disk capacity of a BR disk.

What's the capacity of a Blu-ray? Is it 50GB? I'n comparison to DVD-9s, that's quite a big difference, even if the video footage is compressed to hell.

If for example they're 720p on the 360 and 1080p on the PS3 again, that won't matter to me for example seeing as I can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p blu ray rips on my TV (37 inch- too small to show that extra detail)

Until they're running side by side it's all hearsay to what the differences will be in the real world ofthe average user and their set ups are.

I dunno man, if all the cutscenes are 1080p pre-rendered footage, then that's gonna eat up a shit load of space. I have a 1080p movie which is 2.5hrs long, and is 12GB. Obviously there's gonna be some compression involved, but all the footage they chuck into an FF is gonna mean that it will chew through the disk capacity of a BR disk.

What's the capacity of a Blu-ray? Is it 50GB? I'n comparison to DVD-9s, that's quite a big difference, even if the video footage is compressed to hell.

They'll be like an hour max of prerendered cutscenes, like there was in previous Final Fantasy games, because that shit is expensive, and you don't go blowing that sort of money on "Party member X talks to Dude Y #765".

This might sound weird, but I prefered the in-game characters to their rendered FMV counterparts in FFXII. I guess you can't do a lot of the fancy storytelling stuff with the game engine, but i've always prefered the consistency. I can't be sure, but I thought most other studios/games had moved away from FMV...feels to me like a bit of a relic. Saying that, i've been thinking a lot about pre-rendered backdrops lately...I miss them. :unsure:

We taking bets on how many discs the 360 version will be yet?

I'm saying 3! I'm tempted to say two. I remember the yarr of XII. It was about 2.5 Gig on a single sided DVD. It can't be the full game they cried. It was.

As a previous poster said, pre-rendered is old hat. The first JRPG of the future - Skies of Arcadia, had no prerendered cutscenes at all.

I'm saying 3! I'm tempted to say two. I remember the yarr of XII. It was about 2.5 Gig on a single sided DVD. It can't be the full game they cried. It was.

As a previous poster said, pre-rendered is old hat. The first JRPG of the future - Skies of Arcadia, had no prerendered cutscenes at all.

It'll be around the 4 discs area-maybe more since LO did 4 discs. MS will let them off for the cost/penalty of extra discs they same way they did with mistwalker

Just as long as there is proper packaging this time not like the mess Lost Odyssey is.

Managed to get both covers on import, one from Amazon for just under 8k and the other from Rakuten for just over 8k. Looking forward to an RPG Christmas this year.

Ooh, you must report on its awesomeness (spoiler free though!) :)

Does anyone know if there'll be any sort of limited/collector's edition coming out over in the UK? I'm going to pre-order (looking at ShopTo as long as I won't need to sign for anything?) but holding off in case there is a CE.

Ooh, you must report on its awesomeness (spoiler free though!) :)

Does anyone know if there'll be any sort of limited/collector's edition coming out over in the UK? I'm going to pre-order (looking at ShopTo as long as I won't need to sign for anything?) but holding off in case there is a CE.

Well not expecting them to at least the 19th tbh, but will try and post some mini impressions.

Managed to get both covers on import, one from Amazon for just under 8k and the other from Rakuten for just over 8k. Looking forward to a RPG Christmas this year.

Are you able to order games from Amazon Japan to the UK then? I know that didn't used to be the case, great if it has changed...

Partial trophy list

Bronze

Assault Ruby – Master the Attacker Role

Destruction Sapphire – Master the Blaster Role

Guardian Topaz – Master the Defender Role

Hex Jade – Master the Jammer Role

Inspiration Amethyst – Master the Enhancer Role

Healing Emerald – Master the Healer Role

Silver
Limit Breaker – Deal over 100,000 damage to an enemy

Behemoth Hunter – Slay a wandering behemoth

Perfect Diamond – Learn all abilities to the fullest

Gold
Collector of All Things – Collect all weapons and accessories

The All Knowing Sage – Gain the complete knowledge of 100 different enemies

Some of these are going to keep people busy for a while

It's a JP machine; no word (yet) of similar themed and coloured bundles hitting US and EU shores.

So currently, I guess you'd either be looking for deals on eBay or hitting heavy-duty import sites (which I know nothing about). It isn't going to make for a happy wallet thuogh I imagine whatever route you take.

Here's a Play-Asia page for it. No price though from what I can see. They don't actually sell it? :/