IGNORED

The Apprentice Series 3

CBT

Yes the other ad was better (quality-wise), however, from looking at it it didn't look like they were advertising trainers at all (which was the whole point of the task, you don't get commissioned to make a good-looking ad, you get commissioned to make an ad about a product someone wants to sell), therefore they lose.

Ah, you noticed it as well? :wub:

Yeah, but they pretty much wanted to appeal to the youths who want shoes that didn't scream "corporate sellout". To be honest, I think youths don't give a monkeys about that sort of stuff, therefore their ad campaign seemed doomed from the moment they mentioned "street".

Profits idea = good. Pity they didn't go with that and went for 10% of retail price!

Jadine really should have listened to Tre on that one.

Oh, that was so much fun! A real shame it only lasted an hour.

Mind you, Katie should have been fired. Since she was taking over the decisions (most notably the terrible "music is everything" switch at the last minute) and gave an awful presentation, she was the weakest link... bu Ghazal had gone as far as she could in the competition.

Both adverts had their good points. JAM's was actually quite stylish, but as Sir Alan rightly pointed out it didn't meet his brief. Simon's "rap" with a capital C was so cringe-worthy. Dance, white boy! :wub:

This is first episode I've watched. I was under the impression these contestants were actually screened to pick potential "next big thing" business moguls. Both those trainer brands were eat my face abhorrent. That "Street" was indeed the deserved winner... that something could be worse than a retarded white man rapping with a mockney accent about village fetes to sell trainers with the word Street bubble-jeted onto its side... it was the biggest, longest, most agonisingly inept display of the human race I have ever witnessed. Ever.

I honestly beleive primary school children would come up with similar quality brands. All contestents were arrogant, poor communicators with zero ideas. The single worst defense after producing a load of shoe bollocks is to turn to your project leader and say "Yeah but, uh, image is everything." That actually doesn't excuse anything. Not one retarded, cancerous cell. I'll definately be watching next week.

Mind you, Katie should have been fired. Since she was taking over the decisions (most notably the terrible "music is everything" switch at the last minute) and gave an awful presentation, she was the weakest link... bu Ghazal had gone as far as she could in the competition.

To be fair the 'music is everything' idea seemed better than the 'image is everything', even old man sidekick said they had probably snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

A pity then that even though it was better it was still crap.

I'd have loved to have seen the look on Kristina's face if her idea had been trashed, she got off lightly and was, after Ghazel, the most deserving candidate for a sacking. The way she moaned constantly and poo-pooed the presentation to the ad execs was surely a business hanging offence. Arse-coverer indeed.

Katies presentation was shite, but you should have a united front during a pitch.

The whole exercise seemed to be designed to make sure Ghazel got kicked off.

The 'win' or 'lose' target seemed to be entirely in Sugar's head. Even the bespeckeled assistant seemed surprised that the Street thing won.

The other shoe looked better, the ad was better and the whole process went more smoothly. They should have given them the opportunity to sell the product for a day.

If you'd been watching the same show as me, you'd know that the ad agency said "Street" was the winner as well as Sir Alan.

I was disappointed that both teams went with the exceedingly lazy hip-hop / R'n'B / urban approach for the trainers. Old.

To be fair the 'music is everything' idea seemed better than the 'image is everything', even old man sidekick said they had probably snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

A pity then that even though it was better it was still crap.

Yeah but slogan was wrong for what they were supposed to be advertising. I mean, "music" wot? What's music got to do with trainers? Maybe if they were advertising that Nike+iPod thing, but justa plain pair of trainers? They completely missed the point there.

My idea for trainer logo

"the end."

It would be in courier font, just like a script, black on white, total minimalism. It would attract arty types who have been scarred by public school and see freedom as poorly done up white trainers. It would be a play on the fact that shoes are physically the very end of your identity - the last thing about your person.

I'd like others here who have been trashing the TV lot, and will no doubt think my idea is shite, to now be brave and post an idea of their own. For fun, like.

Ghazal's team were light years ahead of the others in every aspect of that task. If their shoe was on the shelf, they'd actually sell some, unlike the other cringe worthy effort.

I laughed at the comment that the ad didn't show the trainers, when they were about as present as in any K-Swiss ad you'll ever see.

Those 'top creatives' were clearly clueless. Who were their clients? British Gas and Car Phone Warehouse? No wonder they didn't pick up anything odd about the winning team's poster having a creepy late-twenties / early thirties guy in between two teenagers - it's all ver yoof, innit?

Ghazal's team were light years ahead of the others in every aspect of that task. If their shoe was on the shelf, they'd actually sell some, unlike the other cringe worthy effort.

I laughed at the comment that the ad didn't show the trainers, when they were about as present as in any K-Swiss ad you'll ever see.

Those 'top creatives' were clearly clueless. Who were their clients? British Gas and Car Phone Warehouse? No wonder they didn't pick up anything odd about the winning team's poster having a creepy late-twenties / early thirties guy in between two teenagers - it's all ver yoof, innit?

Light years ahead? The only thing I liked about their ad was the picture. And even that got turned into shit because of the Sole at the bottom.

Light years ahead? The only thing I liked about their ad was the picture. And even that got turned into shit because of the Sole at the bottom.

So what? Are you suggesting that you're a better judge than me?

Yes the other ad was better (quality-wise), however, from looking at it it didn't look like they were advertising trainers at all (which was the whole point of the task, you don't get commissioned to make a good-looking ad, you get commissioned to make an ad about a product someone wants to sell), therefore they lose.

What actually made this unforgivable is that they had a similar advertising task last year, and the losing team lost for...... well, not actually focusing on the product.

The "Street" thing was truly, truly naff though.

Why didn't Tre go out with the winning team?

He could have - but since he doesn't drink making cocktails for an evening might've seemed a tad boring.

Not just another example of an ultra-budget 'prize' this series has thrown up, but an ill-thought out one.

Surely even skinflint Sir Alan must cringe inside at hawking the completely shite 'rewards'.

the rewards are really shite compaired to the us show, pretty crap episode, but jadine had to go since task 1

I was bloody glad that Tre didn't get booted off after losing to Katie. It was a pretty weak episode compared to the last few.

Katie got lucky. Once again she was by far the weakest member of her team, she sold the least and made no desicions that she couldn't pass off and blame to someone else if it all went wrong. She was obviosly hanging her bets that if she lost she'd be able to blame the others. She let them choose the products, sent her nemisis out on her own to sell the high cost item. She won becuase Tre despite being good at certian things has been awful both times he'd been the project manager.

That said Jadine was lucky not to have gone a long time ago, along with Ghazal she'd been living on borrowed time just because she'd not been on the lossing team so the fact they were piss poor wasn't being dragged up in the boardroom.

The right result again, but Simon was very lucky not to be in the boardroom (as Margaret pointed out, he'd messed up on the list of phone numbers that Lohit was trying to call, and was very much a hanger-on in the negotiations they showed).

Interesting how they are using the fines/penalties this year - having to sell all THREE items made it a harder task.

The right result again, but Simon was very lucky not to be in the boardroom (as Margaret pointed out, he'd messed up on the list of phone numbers that Lohit was trying to call, and was very much a hanger-on in the negotiations they showed).

Interesting how they are using the fines/penalties this year - having to sell all THREE items made it a harder task.

At least Simon was clever enough to have noticed that he was very jammy in that Tre didn't bring him back in. I do think that a lot of it was down to the fact that they didn't have any appointments at all and it was completely right that Jadine ended up going. As soon as they showed that bit with her crying, I was just thinking "ooh, they had better not lose or she's going to end up just like that other bloke that didn't do shit and ended up fired because he was homesick"

Tough break for jardine i think. After the fisrt week being over exciting and in your face, she'd settled down and got on with it.

Simon should have gone with his crap list and general not doing anything. After last wekk when he held it all together and won the task for them.

I'm stating to see a simon/tre unit working here. Like Jadibne and Lohit they work well together. though lohit may be in trouble with his muse being fired. who will he attach himself to now ? possible simon or Niome.

So Kristiena, Simon .... final two ... Niomie sees to have shaken off the dumb blonde image. Whilst Lohit looked a bit lost and a bit "too nice" for the final 3.

Tre is turning into a rubbish version of Sayed. so i thin k he'kll go soon.

And kate ... well kate could win by getting everyone else fired. She's th emost vicious back stabbing dangerious player i've ever seen. :);)