The Apprentice Series 3

CBT

That was an incredible move by Alan Sugar, the interviewing guys raised issues about her, her ruthlessness, whether the real her turned up to the show, and whether she really would be 100% committed to the job and wouldn't just go off elsewhere with another victory notched up. They were the big guys who clearly relished ripping the candidates apart and they were sucked in by her.

He called her bluff, made her promise to shift her whole family and hit her where it hurts, her parents who are the people bearing the brunt of her commitment to her work.

He broke her and showed her for who she really was and gave the final places over to the other two.

Alan Sugar is officially amazing.

I also loved seeing the heirarchy of the guys interviewing the 'contestants' and being the big shots crucifying their CVs, then seeing them in the boardroom getting pinned to the wall by Sugar.

I wasn't going to watch any of this series as I thought it had 'jumped the shark' but I'm so so glad I saw that tonight.

what a sod that someone as vile as Horse Face managed to not only get away from getting destoyed by Sir Alan but managed to bow out because of her poor little kiddies and her Mummy and Daddy.

So even when she shows integrity and human decency she's vilified.

Go get a pitch-fork.

Mob.gif

That was an incredible move by Alan Sugar, the interviewing guys raised issues about her, her ruthlessness, whether the real her turned up to the show, and whether she really would be 100% committed to the job and wouldn't just go off elsewhere with another victory notched up. They were the big guys who clearly relished ripping the candidates apart and they were sucked in by her.

He called her bluff, made her promise to shift her whole family and hit her where it hurts, her parents who are the people bearing the brunt of her commitment to her work.

He broke her and showed her for who she really was and gave the final places over to the other two.

Alan Sugar is officially amazing.

I also loved seeing the heirarchy of the guys interviewing the 'contestants' and being the big shots crucifying their CVs, then seeing them in the boardroom getting pinned to the wall by Sugar.

I wasn't going to watch any of this series as I thought it had 'jumped the shark' but I'm so so glad I saw that tonight.

Utterly spot on. Utterly utterly spot on.

He gave her the opportunity to say 'yes' so he would obviously be happy to work with her. That's not breaking her it's giving her the opportunity to hire or fire herself, something he wouldn't have let any of the others do, except possibly Kristina.

What he did was give her the opportunity to win and then let her think realitically about it the implications. Also it was obvious to Alan and Katie that apart from the family issue the other two obviously needed to win more. Kristina's basically a less privilidged Katie and I reckon they're secretly mates.

Final without Katie's a joke. Simon needs medication, not a position of responsibility.

Kristina's gonna mop up.

She's a humorless cow scoring cheap points.

Sorry, are we talking about Katie or the bra woman?

Katie has been doing the same thing all series. The whole point of her being on the show was to build a profile for herself. If she was serious about the job she would have known that she would have to relocate her family. You don't get to that stage and finally realise that maybe it wasn't for her.

Sorry, are we talking about Katie or the bra woman?

Bra woman.

What a mean-spirited vinegar face. Again, bra-woman. <_<

Despite getting some cheap-points in the bra-woman came off looking nasty. Katie kept her cool and did pretty well against her tabloid based onslaught.

Bra woman.

What a mean-spirited vinegar face. Again, bra-woman. <_<

Maybe I should have stuck a winky face after my comment as I know who you were talking about. At the end of the day the bra woman was scoring cheap points just like Katie has done throughout the series.

All her 'contoversial' comments were made to camera, not cheaply to please a crowd.

Quite the opposite in fact.

Glad to find someone else who hated Bra women. She was playing to a crowd to score points.

Katie's a bitch, but respect for quiting like that. And massive Kudos to SirA (or his editting team) as said above it appears he handled that situation brilliantly <_<

I hate that interviewer Paul though. What a dick.

I don't like Tre, but the guy just took a dislike and the was a cock through the entire interview.

Just like the last 2 years..(Poor James... )

Glad to find someone else who hated Bra women. She was playing to a crowd to score points.

Katie's a bitch, but respect for quiting like that. And massive Kudos to SirA (or his editting team) as said above it appears he handled that situation brilliantly <_<

Except if she was a bloke she'd get maximum kudos for her sarky, hard-nosed but smiling approach.

Bitch? Meh. Then so is Sir Alan and all the interviwers who've made equally dodgy comments and harsh business decisions in their time. Sugar even pointed this out. The whole tabloid anti-Katie thing stinks of sexism and double-standards.

Maximum kudos to Sugar for spotting it. Wouldn't be surprised if he gives her a job anyway ;)

So she thought they'd never get broadcast then?

Like she said the worst ones were after she'd had her private life brought up to get her sacked. Think I'd be wishing death on most people that tried that, especially a knob like greasy spot-spot boy. Kristina really should have known better.

Her whole game plan was to make a name for herself.

I presume that's the point of the show. The tubby Badger seems to be doing alright for herself.

Dealz?

EDIT:

By the way Ziggy's still bullying Emily 24 hours later on Ch4 <_<

Keep the reality TV flowing ;)

I could be wrong, but in the preview of next weeks final, Simon was at on the left in the boardroom, and when Suralan said "you're hired" he pointed to his right, straight at Simon.

You never know though, it could be a trick - maybe they flipped the footage?

Like she said the worst ones were after she'd had her private life brought up to get her sacked. Think I'd be wishing death on most people that tried that, especially a knob like Simon. Kristina really should have known better.

I can't go back and check but I'm pretty sure the comments about getting run over were said before her private life was brought into it. Also her private life was brought into it because it affected the task in hand. Paul should have brought Katie into the boardroom but instead brought in the best member in that task.

I presume that's the point of the show. The tubby Badger seems to be doing alright for herself.

Yes it was the point of the show for her. She had no intention of ever taking that job and used the show, and her to-camera comments, to try and push herself into the limelight (which has worked). Considering the show is about trying to find a suitable apprentice for Sugar (I realise it isn't - all the candidates are shit and if you are any good you wouldn't need to go on a mainstream television show to find employment) it irks me when people are just their to make a name for themselves.

But maybe I'm just old fashioned.

In defence of Katie she was excellent television.

I can't go back and check but I'm pretty sure the comments about getting run over were said before her private life was brought into it.

TV editing 101 for you my friend <_<

all the candidates are shit and if you are any good you wouldn't need to go on a mainstream television show to find employment)

That's it though, Katie was a good candidate! As well as being a good contender for her own TV career.

TV editing 101 for you my friend <_<

Fair point, although a woman that only rates stealing another mans husband because she wants him as an 8/10 on the ruthless scale probably doesn't need her private life being dragged into an argument before she starts getting the knives out.

So siralan has bought my London office and plans to bulldoze it and replace it with one of the Candidate's designs.

Not until 2014 you goblin faced weasel - we've got a lease. In your face you Beadle-a-like.

Fair point, although a woman that only rates stealing another mans husband because she wants him as an 8/10 on the ruthless scale probably doesn't need her private life being dragged into an argument before she starts getting the knives out.

Nicking someones wife or husband an 8? If I was doing the nicking I'd give it a 6!

If someone else was doing the nicking I'd give it 11 and reach for the thumb screws.

Katie blatantly left because she knew she was going to lose. Suralun admitted she was capable, but basically told her that she didn't like anything else about her. She knows that she's not going to turn his opinion around in one task, even if she wins it (as all it proves is that she's capable, which has been established), he's not going to pick her. So, she walks instead, seemingly triumphant. Her kids and family had nothing to do with it, why would she go on the show at all if she wasn't capable of moving to London?

Anyway, pity to see Tre go. He wouldn't win, but he blatantly deserves to be in the final two more than Simon. Simon spent the entire show looking like a scared and shamed 11 year old. In the boardroom he genuinely looked like he was going to burst into tears. He wouldn't have the first clue about running a company. Kristina is obviously going to walk it. Tre could conceivably have surprised us. Simon won't.

My biggest regret with this show is that there was never a boardroom battle between Katie and Tre. In fact, they've largely stayed seperate through the entire show. But it would have been epic indeed. Ah well. At least it seems that in the final we've got Tre arguing with that idot public school lummox again. Should be classic.

My biggest regret with this show is that there was never a boardroom battle between Katie and Tre. In fact, they've largely stayed seperate through the entire show. But it would have been epic indeed. Ah well.

agreed, katie would cast equine power, and tre would cast race card.

My biggest regret with this show is that there was never a boardroom battle between Katie and Tre. In fact, they've largely stayed seperate through the entire show. But it would have been epic indeed. Ah well. At least it seems that in the final we've got Tre arguing with that idot public school lummox again. Should be classic.

Did you watch "Beyond the Boardroom"? Everyone else was saying how much of a star Tre was, and that chode was the only one who slagged him off <_< He's still offended by Tre saying "You're nothing to me", Tre broke his heart ;)

A fascinating bit of television. Oh, and just a pointer - Sir Alan did call all the candidates on their knowledge of Amstrad when talking about Simon, and he made a pointed look at Katie as if to say "Why didn't you research me, this is another black mark against you and whether or not you REALLY want the job".

Tre - over-emphasised his international "companies", and still cannot handle criticism (even this morning on Breakfast he was saying, "I realised Sir Alan's company wasn't right for me")

Lohit - a great all-rounder (similar to Tim in many ways) and could have been a finalist, if only he'd pushed himself more to the front (Tre taking him into the boardroom instead of Simon was the killer blow to Lohit's chances)

Katie - wasn't committed to it, and Sir Alan found that out. Plus the fact he didn't want to put up with her fluttering eyelashes and back-stabbing anymore

Simon - Beyond the Boardroom did him no favours, emphasising his upper class background and the fact he's clever. He just lacks the focus, and all that stuff about the house he lets out proves he's not a "detail" person. Runner-up.

Kristina - came out of the interview process as the best candidate - IT'S KRISTINA TIME!

I wouldn't start sucking Sir Alan's dick yet.... as some folks here have already said that was clearly set-up. I kinda figured something was up once he gave Katie a spot on the final with 3 other candidates still to go.

It was a massive set up. Sir Alan couldn't have 'read' Katie like he claimed to have done in a million years. He can read a script though.

He gave her the opportunity to say 'yes' so he would obviously be happy to work with her. That's not breaking her it's giving her the opportunity to hire or fire herself, something he wouldn't have let any of the others do, except possibly Kristina.

What he did was give her the opportunity to win and then let her think realitically about it the implications. Also it was obvious to Alan and Katie that apart from the family issue the other two obviously needed to win more. Kristina's basically a less privilidged Katie and I reckon they're secretly mates.

No, throughout the whole thing she was saying how ruthless she was, she'd do anything, rating herself 10/10 for doing whatever it takes to get the job done. But Alan put her in a position where she had to be utterly ruthless(moving her family for the job without consultign them) and she couldn't do it, it wa a facade.