IGNORED

Justice League

toonfool

13 hours ago, Illyria said:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/justice-league-reshoots-1202502433/

Clearly the most important bit of info is this right here, obviously

I just came to post that. Hilarious :lol: 

They should just make it so it's part of an elaborate disguise to hide the fact Superman is alive and well and living in Droitwich. Clearly the majority of the $25 million cost of the reshoots has gone on boxes and boxes of these:

glasses.jpg

I'm amazed they got Justin from dodgeball to be the Flash. Pretty cool thought I love that film, a real unexpected crossover. Well done Warner brothers.

• 3 weeks later...

https://moviepilot.com/p/justice-league-ending-changed-rumor/4347289

"From what I've heard is happening, Joss Whedon has been brought in to make it lighter, as has been reported, but he's also redoing the ending of the movie."

This rumor comes to us via /Film's Peter Sciretta, who claims to have sources inside the Justice League production. As editor-in-chief of one of the biggest entertainment publications, we can probably treat Sciretta's words with a slightly smaller bucket of salt that accompanies any Hollywood leak and rumor these days. Here's what he had to say on the /FilmDaily podcast yesterday:

Sciretta explains that the original plot for Justice League largely dealt with gathering up the Mother Boxes — Darkseid's incredibly advanced alien technology that was lost on Earth. Head of the Mother Box Easter Egg Hunt is Stepphenwolf, the leader of Darkseid's army. So basically, Justice League Part One was the same kind of set-up as The Avengers (and the rest of the MCU) was to Infinity War, putting all the pieces in play, assembling some powerful alien tech (Infinity Stones/Mother Boxes) and foreshadowing the arrival of a bigger, badder, bluer, bad guy. But now all that is set to change:

"The original ending of the movie from what I understand was, [Stepphenwolf] was kind of playing the Silver Surfer role, with Darkseid playing the Galactus role, and the ending of the movie was a cliffhanger and 'Justice League 2' was going to be 'Justice League vs Darkseid'. Ya know, Darkseid arrives at Earth. This kind of down, dirty ending, and from what I understand that has been completely removed. The ending ends the movie like a movie, it doesn't end on a huge cliffhanger now."

Allegedly, Justice League originally ended on a cliffhanger, with the team gearing up for their ultimate fight with Darkseid, who was to be the Big Bad of Part Two. But just like Infinity War went from being a two-part movie to being self-contained, it seems that Joss Whedon has wrapped Justice League up neatly — and Darkseid may not factor into the DCEU until much later.

Instead, some reshoots have fleshed out Stepphenwolf's character, making him an imposing enough figure to be his own villain, and not just foreshadow the arrival of his commander. At least one of these reshoots was a flashback scene with Robin Wright's Antiope, whom we already heard would be appearing in Justice League:

"They did a reshoot with Robin Wright from 'Wonder Woman', to set-up a flashback explaining who Steppenwolf is and Steppenwolf is now the big bad of this movie, whereas Darkseid was this looming threat that won't now come I don't think."

These changes are pretty drastic. If Sciretta's information is correct, it sounds like Justice League will be a self-contained plot, allowing whoever takes on Part Two to do whatever they like with it, and whether that means bringing in Darkseid or taking on another epic crossover event from #DC's history, remains to be seen.

I expected something like this when they cancelled the second part, but didn't think they'd be dumb enough to do a cliffhangar. Snyder dodging the question at an earlier press tour lends weight:

DHH_ScNV0AAEP1g.jpg

Now they've got a film baddy who's a nobody, and are basically hoping the DCEU stays alive long enough to get to their original villain.

• 1 month later...

Warner seems fairly fast and loose with everything in this world so probably. They've already changed things so that Gotham and Metropolis are basically twin cities and Steppenwolf is now

Spoiler

Darkseid's nephew

so may as well chuck in Aquaman being Texan. Who's to say Atlantis/Amnesty Bay isn't in Texas...?