Justice League

On 15/11/2020 at 16:10, Nick R said:

Remember, they've also got to colour-correct the final action sequence back from blue to red (or possibly the other way round; whichever way it was in the original trailer). That's got to cost a fair amount, right?

Also the "Snyder cut" would've had temporary (or no) music, visual effects, ADR, etc. when Snyder was boasting about how it was just sitting in cans waiting to be shared with the world. I could believe that turning some celluloid of people performing in front of a camera into a Zack Snyder movie costs a million dollars per minute.

There no doubt that this

20201117_234111.thumb.jpg.2b82688e8366f3a3bfe872e4522749c0.jpg

looks better than this

20201117_234209.thumb.jpg.10f987516ef0639f54f9fd42aa7aa82a.jpg

However he still looks like a boring, CGI brown and grey mess, taken straight from a computer game cutscene. 

This is what he should look like

20201117_234245.jpg.10be492bf953a53ec5c8b804feb5d10a.jpg

Also, anyone notice how in the comparison shots Snyder has actually made the grass less green and more brown :lol:

Such visionary.

2 hours ago, Broker said:

Zach Snyder fans are like people who say they don’t like Nintendo games because they’re not adult enough. Obsessed with being mature despite having a completely juvenile idea of what that means. 

Er, is it ok to love Nintendo and Snyder films?

From that SA forum thread:

Kidding aside, it's super interesting listening to Snyder nerd out about Flash, and how Flash has to be super careful with his power, because moving too fast could literally take the flesh off of the people he's trying to save.

This is a completely normal thing to think about when talking about The Flash.

18 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

After seeing how The Flash was portrayed in this film, I would be shocked if he has ever read a single issue of the comic.

To be fair I'd imagine irritating smug punchable Flash was as a result of Whedon rather than Snyder. We can look forward to dull, troubled, grimdark flash on HBO Max in 2021. 

I have to confess I quite like the new Steppenwolf armour. I'm not too keen on seeing the film, but the design of the armour has an air of madness about it - it's almost hallucinatorily complicated and intricate, like something you'd see in the midst of a ayahuasca session. I'm imagining it iterating on itself in a disturbing way, and watching it flow off his arms and envelop things. It's so complex it looks wrong and alien, and a bit scary. I hardly think the film is going to deliver on that, but it would be great in some kind of extremely weird sci-fi horror film.

On 18/11/2020 at 00:53, Stigweard said:

This what he should look like

20201117_234245.jpg.10be492bf953a53ec5c8b804feb5d10a.jpg

Love em or hate em, everyone should take note that the MCU movies take even the cheesiest and/or gaudiest costume designs and make them work onscreen without straying from them. What the DCU movies do, and Fox X-Men used to do exactly the same, is taking all the cheesy charm out of the pulpy superhero concept in the process of making it look realistic and/or grimdark. There's no reason they couldn't have used the above costume except for Snyder being like one of those comic book guy incels who believe juvenile edginess and sexism equals maturity. 

Snyder is the movie equivalent of Youngblood era Liefeld.

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Love em or hate em, everyone should take note that the MCU movies take even the cheesiest and/or gaudiest costume designs and make them work onscreen without straying from them. What the DCU movies do, and Fox X-Men used to do exactly the same, is taking all the cheesy charm out of the pulpy superhero concept in the process of making it look realistic and/or grimdark. There's no reason they couldn't have used the above costume except for Snyder being like one of those comic book guy incels who believe juvenile edginess and sexism equals maturity. 

Snyder is the movie equivalent of Youngblood era Liefeld.

Give Snyder his due, he can at least do feet. 

C415BCFC-FFB4-4651-8AFD-FB825969B438.thumb.jpeg.f59bbc4374e4f391ed300833112bb5a9.jpeg

On 17/11/2020 at 23:53, Stigweard said:

There no doubt that this

20201117_234111.thumb.jpg.2b82688e8366f3a3bfe872e4522749c0.jpg

looks better than this

20201117_234209.thumb.jpg.10f987516ef0639f54f9fd42aa7aa82a.jpg

Only in this comparison did I realise that the glowy cross-hatched thing is the magic box, and not a shield that Derpenworf is carrying.

I noticed steppies new armour from the trailer. Looks way better. The face though, looks...wrong, like really poorly done. I know it's a still, but if that's an official pic curated by Synder, and not just a random screengrab, doesn't bode well.

I mean, look how shit darkseid looks so far... 

• 3 weeks later...