Jump to content

Justice League


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, probotector said:

Or maybe people can enjoy pulp comic book stuff for what it is?

 

Marvel pump out bland cookie cutter flicks at a rapid rate and you guys lap them up.

 

Snyder reaches for the skies and all you all want to do is tear him down.

 

You mock his fans yet they managed to get the Snyder cut made. You all label us toxic yet all we’ve done is demand to see this film as the director intended.


It seems haters just want to label us as gamer gaters or alt right toxic geeks just for trying to get a film made.


 

 

Plenty of us enjoy comic book films...when they're good. Having a creative eye when it comes to visuals doesn't mean your scripts or handling of the characters are any good.

 

Let's not kid ourselves here either, Snyder clearly sees these movies more than just comic book films, trying to make every line of dialogue profound and poetic and banging on about them not having jokes or being for children etc. He doesn't have a handle of Superman at all and it bleeds into his other characters. 

 

Re your last point. Maybe if some of them didn't act like that they wouldn't get labelled as such *shrug*

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, probotector said:

 

Snyder reaches for the skies and all you all want to do is tear him down.

 

 

Can we get the empathy button back please.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

 

Plenty of us enjoy comic book films...when they're good. Having a creative eye when it comes to visuals doesn't mean your scripts or handling of the characters are any good.

 

Let's not kid ourselves here either, Snyder clearly sees these movies more than just comic book films, trying to make every line of dialogue profound and poetic and banging on about them not having jokes or being for children etc. He doesn't have a handle of Superman at all and it bleeds into his other characters. 

 

Re your last point. Maybe if some of them didn't act like that they wouldn't get labelled as such *shrug*

 

 

Plenty of us like comic books and had to point out it's not all grimdark. Last time we went on this rodeo in the thread. 

 

 Except this time he's changed it to pulpy comic books. 

 

Fool me once....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick R said:

As for the "toxic" online behaviour of the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut crowd, and of the non-fans mocking them in return: I admit I've come across more of the latter than the former (and been part of some of it). And I'm not knocking the SnyderCut people for raising money for charity. But even that Vanity Fair article quotes one journalist who got piled-onto; the genuinely aggressive ones may be small in number, but they're significant enough for Snyder to need to disown them:
 

 

You should the shit Helen O'Hara from Empire has to put up with (incidentally, she gets more shit than he male colleagues who have all expressed the same opinion, go figure). Even today she was having to defend her stance on something after people tagged her in tweets looking for a pile on. She got shit for not liking MOS or BvSM and then even when she wrote a possitive article about the Synder Cut they pounced on her for mearly pointing out that the special effects won't have been finished and it'll need more cash (which she was right about). She had someone on tiwtter today saying that not all Synder fans are like this, her repsonse was simply "then why didn't they speak up, when I was being targeted".

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

 

You should the shit Helen O'Hara from Empire has to put up with (incidentally, she gets more shit than he male colleague who have all expressed the same opinion, go figure). Even today she was having to defende her stance on something after people tagged her in tweets looking for a pile on. She got shit for not liking MOS or BvSM and then even when she wrote a possitive article about the Synder Cut they pounced on her for mearly pointing out that the special effects won't have been finished and it'll need more cash (which she was right about). She had someone on tiwtter today saying that not all Synder fans are like this, her repsonse was simply "then why didn't they speak up, when I was being targeted".

 

 

Christ, just had a look at her timeline. Those people are nuts. I’ve always admired how calmly Helen O’Hara deals with her Twitter trolls.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That whole stance of Kent Sr is so stupid. It's the kind of bad idea that should have been considered and discarded immediately. 

 

And then he goes and defies his dying father's wishes by becoming superman anyway! So ridiculous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bazjam said:

Christ, just had a look at her timeline. Those people are nuts. I’ve always admired how calmly Helen O’Hara deals with her Twitter trolls.

She blocks a fair few who go too far but yes in general she's very level headed when she'd have every right to just tell them to fuck off. But that's what they're hoping for I'd guess, so she doesn't give them the satisfaction. 

 

She had to put up with the same over Joker too. I disagree with her massively about the film but never would I find it acceptable to slag her off because she didn't like the film.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yakumo said:

 

Man of Steel also has one of the worst moment  too. The idea that Clark letting people die is better than people finding out about his powers is so ridiculously stupid because it implies Pa Kent thinks that maintaining the status quo is more important than using your gifts to help people which is literally the opposite of what superman is about.


The singular, sole point of Clark Kent as a character is that he is a perfect example of Nurture over Nature. Clark is raised in Heartland, America and is instilled with a sense of duty to do what he can to help others because they're people too and it's the right thing to do.

 

 

 


Yeah that part is was dumb and didn’t make sense

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, the Krypton bits were ace! 
 

The could have done a whole movie just with Russell Crowe’s arc. 
 

I hate superman as a character as he’s so dull but are you telling me Man of Steel is worse than Superman Returns?

 

It’s the best Superman film IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mortis said:

Saying it’s better than the Superman film that’s only mildly better than Superman 4 is hardly setting the bar high. 

less a high bar, and more a 

 

image.thumb.png.6f9fe6a86f9c20cd8f0b95380a9d351c.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, probotector said:

Nah, the Krypton bits were ace! 
 

The could have done a whole movie just with Russell Crowe’s arc. 
 

I hate superman as a character as he’s so dull but are you telling me Man of Steel is worse than Superman Returns?

 

It’s the best Superman film IMO

Now we see why you like these Snyder films...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Saying it’s better than the Superman film that’s only mildly better than Superman 4 is hardly setting the bar high. 

 

 

There are definitely a few Wackadoos in this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, probotector said:

Nah, the Krypton bits were ace! 
 

The could have done a whole movie just with Russell Crowe’s arc. 
 

I hate superman as a character as he’s so dull but are you telling me Man of Steel is worse than Superman Returns?

 

It’s the best Superman film IMO

 

The original is great, or are we only counting the new ones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Snyders films in a nutshell. Some great shots and action. Maybe some deeper meaning, maybe... 

 

Then he forgets to actually have the characters motivations or actions make any sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, probotector said:

Nah, the Krypton bits were ace! 
 

The could have done a whole movie just with Russell Crowe’s arc. 
 

I hate superman as a character as he’s so dull but are you telling me Man of Steel is worse than Superman Returns?

 

It’s the best Superman film IMO

 

Superman Returns just needed one more big action set piece and then it would have been fine. Other than rapey Supes, obvs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't get how he managed to completly fuck up a Batman vs Superman film.

 

Even with his grimdark Superman - how do you make a film with no good Superman bits, 1 good Batman bit (the Warehouse and most of that was in the trailer) and then the Batman vs Superman bits only mainly consisting of gun turrets, shouting the name of their Mums intercut with a sub plot of Lois Lane's kryptonite weapon indecision.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they had one shot to do Batman Vs Superman and completely fucked it up. I have still only seen that film once. I can barely remember any of it and yet Batman meeting Superman for the first time should've been iconic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IcEBuRN said:

Snyders films in a nutshell. Some great shots and action. Maybe some deeper meaning, maybe... 

 

Then he forgets to actually have the characters motivations or actions make any sense. 

 

And the action has no danger or suspense, so it's literally just action for action's sake.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.