Left 4 Dead

so is this game worth buying ? i have heard alot about it but havent bought it yet?

Played it with a mate last year and loved it, didn't pick it up - too busy with Fallout, etc.

Went to five shops today - not a sausage. (Yes, they sold games).

I will get it tomorrow - would be cool to get some normal folk to play with.

Three more shops - ziltch.

Girl in one shop said she thought it was brilliant, but they hadn't got that many copies and it was a bit tricky to find. No shit.

That's every shop that sells games and sweet bugger all. :)

Rumour has it, that you can buy games on "The Internet" these days.

I hear it's starting to catch on

:lol:

If you'd ordered it a couple days ago instead of pissing about in high street shops you'd have the game already, you big galoot.

I only decided I wanted it yesterday, and naturally try the shops first, you galoot's underpants and socks (both worn).

Anyone up for some games on sunday?

As for finding the game, it's always been difficult. Only a few shops seem to stock it and when they do it's often sold out.

Knackers....I'll use the internet thing..does anyone know where they keep the key? :)

Edit: Phoned Gamestation to see when they'd next have it in and they'd just got four copies in, one of which is now sat by my 360.

And they all lived happily ever after.......... :lol:

Knackers....I'll use the internet thing..does anyone know where they keep the key? :P

Edit: Phoned Gamestation to see when they'd next have it in and they'd just got four copies in, one of which is now sat by my 360.

And they all lived happily ever after.......... ;)

Have you tried Asda? My local store (near Preston) has loads.

Also has anybody been having connection issues with this recently? All the games I join I seem to have 1 red bar. It was fine last week.

Have you tried Asda? My local store (near Preston) has loads.

Also has anybody been having connection issues with this recently? All the games I join I seem to have 1 red bar. It was fine last week.

Got it now -cheers.

Don't know if it was a bit too much Christmas cheer when I played it first, but I didn't enjoy this as much this evening. Played through Mercy Hospital level with a pretty decent bunch. I'm not sure if I like the gunplay - it just seems a bit too...slight. I don't feel particularly skillfull when playing it bar dodging the odd Hunter - the gun stuff just seems to be a matter of point and hope you don't hit a friend.

Got it now -cheers.

Don't know if it was a bit too much Christmas cheer when I played it first, but I didn't enjoy this as much this evening. Played through Mercy Hospital level with a pretty decent bunch. I'm not sure if I like the gunplay - it just seems a bit too...slight. I don't feel particularly skillfull when playing it bar dodging the odd Hunter - the gun stuff just seems to be a matter of point and hope you don't hit a friend.

You're playing it wrong if thats how you feel. I assume you're playing it on normal? It could always be that you are playing it with people who are good at the game making it too easy for you. You should be feeling scared, wanting to stick together and rescueing friends who are idiots. Give the other levels a try and if you are finding you are completing it without dying once then up the difficulty. Normally i hate games where you have to up the difficulty but it really does change the gameplay experience rather than just making it harder.

It's more about volume than individual shots. Which is appropriate given that it's about hordes of zombies.

Still enjoying the heck out of this game, which is very rare for me. I am getting antsy for some new levels and for the fixes that went through on the Steam version to populate over to the 360 version though. I keep trying to convince some friends of mine to buy 360s and this so that we can all club together for the shooting. The problem with playing with randoms (especially on the Advanced and above stage) is that they're likely to charge off in different directions, rob Health selfishly even though you may be at death's door and so on. And then everyone gets killed because as soon as one team member goes down the others will follow in short order. There's a lot of randoms playing the game who just don't seem to get that.

You're playing it wrong if thats how you feel. I assume you're playing it on normal? It could always be that you are playing it with people who are good at the game making it too easy for you. You should be feeling scared, wanting to stick together and rescueing friends who are idiots. Give the other levels a try and if you are finding you are completing it without dying once then up the difficulty. Normally i hate games where you have to up the difficulty but it really does change the gameplay experience rather than just making it harder.

No, we were playing it on level above normal and we were scraping into safe rooms and patching each other up. There was tension, and we all died on the roof. When I switched off eventually, I didn't know what to think, really - wasn't that I hadn't had fun, but I wasn't blown away by any means. Just because it didn't set me buzzing, doesn't mean I wasn't playing it 'right', mind.

Going to try and get through all campaigns today and see how I feel afterwards.

No, we were playing it on level above normal and we were scraping into safe rooms and patching each other up. There was tension, and we all died on the roof. When I switched off eventually, I didn't know what to think, really - wasn't that I hadn't had fun, but I wasn't blown away by any means. Just because it didn't set me buzzing, doesn't mean I wasn't playing it 'right', mind.

Sorry my post came off a bit gittish didn't it. Maybe it's not for you then. For me and anyone else i've played it with, it really draws you in and makes you feel like you are in a zombie apocalypse. So much so that you learn things about your friends. IE. Who to take with you and who is going to just cause problems, so don't ever give them a gun to fight of zombies. :wub:

I had the same kind of 'this isn't really as exciting as i'd hoped' feeling when first playing it, but once you start getting more into it, and understanding the subtleties, and going for some of the harder achievements, it really gets you (me). I'm still completing a campaign on expert just about every night, even after these 2 or so months - the maps are getting a bit tired, but the draw is definitely still there.

I love it. Played Death Toll for the first time and seeing the zombie stumbling out of the trees lining the road sent shivers down my spine, so I took a potshot at one, nailing it with a headshot. I stood for a moment, basking in my self-congratulatory smugness, when I heard an almighty scream and saw a veritable horde running from the tree line straight at me.

Good times.

I feel the same way, I don't quite understand all the love for this game, it's just not as satisfying to me to wipe the floor with a whole stack of AI and a measly few human opponents as it is just just roll through an entire team of humans. I felt the same in Perfect Dark (N64) when my friends insisted on putting in a load of simulants when I just wanted to shoot them in the face.

I played a bit earlier and I garnered more enjoyment out of griefing survivors than I ever did shooting zombies.

For me the game really comes alive on expert. Even advanced is too easy to be honest, and I'm hardly an excellent fps player. On expert you won't get anywhere if your team aren't well drilled and you don't know what you're doing. Normally I hate sticking games on higher difficulty but this really is the exception. Even a lone zombie can fuck you over on expert and a tank is something to be genuinely feared.

I have to agree with those who think that the harder difficulties enhance the game; Expert will make or break a 4 player team.

I spent most of Saturday afternoon playing Expert No Mercy with randoms and we got on together throughout most of the campaign.

However, after 1 1/2 hours on the finale, it was down to me and 1 other just as the chopper came hovering in. I was first to the entrance, but got downed by a small gaggle of zombies.

My comrade just jumped over the mass and into the safety of the helicopter leaving me to be torn to shreds right there on the helipad... :)

So if anyone else is looking for some fresh zombie-bait to protect until the escape leave as a sacrifice to the undead, please go ahead and add me:

GamerTag: Avatar555

(So far I've added steev, Milkboz, Couk, Rog, SACK MAN 64, ben-k & Steven.

Sorry for spamming friends requests, but the rllmuk left 4 dead list is full..)

I'll add you. Just picked this up yesterday, which means I'm well behind the curve, but I fancy some fairly brainless shooting and this seems to fit the bill.

I wouldn't say it was brainless shooting in the style of, say, Doom or Seious Sam. It's more about skin-of-your-teeth surivival and teamwork. Simply shooting everything that moves is a good way of getting yourself separated from your mates and killed.

I think I'm going to take myself off the forum gamertag seeing as I haven't played any games of completely new forum people since I got the game, but if any of you people new to the game want to add someone who's played it quite a bit but is somehow still terrible, my gamertag is:

CampfireBurning

I seem to be crap at actually surviving the end fights on a level. Like, on Death Toll, I held the boathouse for ages and then got mobbed on the bridge to the actual boat and died. I had no zombies in front of me, my way to the boat was clear and yet I couldn't move forward due to the multitude of zombies trying to eat my sexy ass (I always end up playing as Zoey, in case you thought I had a weird thing for Bill...:)). Exact same thing happened to me the other day on No Mercy, too. Died right on the ramp in front of the chopper.

Anyways, still not gone online with it yet but enjoying single player. This is because the first time I ever played it online, in the demo, two americans shot me until I was bleeding out and ditched me on the roof of the apartments and then, when I respawned in the room they came in and shot me again :) Playing online with fucking cunt Yanks scares me more than the zombies :(