IGNORED

South Park

Beertiger

They probably just animated a couple of key scenes twice to reflect either McCain or Obama winning the election. Obama's speech was obviously dubbed in at the last minute.

Wouldn't work:

Obama's Supporters rioting/McCains killing themselves or bunkers.

Obama being in the white house/tunnel, McCain outside.

Hospital full of McCain supporters injured/Obama partied too hard.

They blatantly made two episodes (prob mirror images), and just completed the speeches at the last minute, and showed the "right" one.

I guess. Seems like all that stuff would be pretty easy to just swap out, but Randy's subplot wouldn't have been funny/made sense if he supported McCain. His last line cracked me up. It's the first episode since it came back on the air that I've :)'d properly at.

Great episode.

I'm guessing they just gambled on the episode based on popular opinion and exit poll. Even if Obama lost it still would have been fun to watch, and at worst, they could've just used an episode that they would've aired in the future (probably next week's).

The bit with Obama walking towards the Oval Office, with all the smart camera moves and him sorting his tie was awesome.

Loved this episode

EDIT: Watching it again, think this is one of my favourite South Park episodes ever. It's just pretty much perfect, and really funny.

Flight attendant to McCain: Here's your boarding passes, Mr Sanchez :(

Great episode.

I'm guessing they just gambled on the episode based on popular opinion and exit poll. Even if Obama lost it still would have been fun to watch, and at worst, they could've just used an episode that they would've aired in the future (probably next week's).

At the very beginning, where Obama gives his speech, are direct quotes from Obama's actual acceptance speech.

I'm thinking that they planned out the script as having either McCain/Obama winning, animated most of it, and then filled in the gaps when they knew the final result.

It was the best ep so far this season, but it was still incredibly weak. The whole time I was wondering exactly why they wanted to steal a $210 million dollar whatever, when they could make a hell of a fuckload more money by, y'know, actually being President, and fixing shit the way they wanted it. I couldn't shake that throughout the entire episode either. Bugged the hell out of me.

It was the best ep so far this season, but it was still incredibly weak. The whole time I was wondering exactly why they wanted to steal a $210 million dollar whatever, when they could make a hell of a fuckload more money by, y'know, actually being President, and fixing shit the way they wanted it. I couldn't shake that throughout the entire episode either. Bugged the hell out of me.

That was part of the irony of it all. Taking the piss out of these over extravagant plots where the setup probably costs almost as much as the catch. The money spent on the presidential campaign was ridicules this time round, so having that spend used to steal something which would normally be a fantastic prize to go for made the whole thing even more comical.

To cap: It was part of the joke.

The whole time I was wondering exactly why they wanted to steal a $210 million dollar whatever, when they could make a hell of a fuckload more money by, y'know, actually being President, and fixing shit the way they wanted it.

You must be joking.

Eh? Come on fella, that was the whole point......

But you already know this right?

Anyways, solid episode. Wouldn't make my all time top ten but good form. Randy's always good for a laugh.

Was it supposed to be massively homoerotic at the start when Obama and McCain first meet and the lackey that McCain calls goes, "Looks like the hard part's over" and Obama goes, "I'd say the hard part's just starting", whilst undressing and smiling coyly at McCain? And then they look at each other with their eyes.

That was part of the irony of it all. Taking the piss out of these over extravagant plots where the setup probably costs almost as much as the catch. The money spent on the presidential campaign was ridicules this time round, so having that spend used to steal something which would normally be a fantastic prize to go for made the whole thing even more comical.

To cap: It was part of the joke.

I got that, but $210 million seems like such a weird number to use. If it had been something ridiculously low, like $10 million, then it would have been funnier, but the fact that it was a much larger amount meant I kept expecting them to go off on some random tangent with it, or at least have another reason for using that particular figure. But they didn't. I don't know, maybe I was expecting too much.

They'd already made the "ridiculously low figure" joke in superfunland episode where the criminals do the job on a burger king. The joke in this episode was more about the ridiculous detail and effort gone into the operation than the prize itself.

People will be disappointed this week. Really one of the weakest episodes in years. Some of the writing feels like it's from a different show. Terrible finale, too.

I liked it - no amazing, but chuckled a few times.

Also isn't there a episode 14 as the finale?

People will be disappointed this week. Really one of the weakest episodes in years. Some of the writing feels like it's from a different show. Terrible finale, too.

Really? I thought it was hilarious! I haven't laughed so hard at South Park for ages. Mostly it was the slapping that made me laugh. What a great character.