IGNORED

South Park

Beertiger

When the guy from spin magazine showed up and said that Lorde was a very down to earth girl and they wouldn't want anyone having fun at her expense it just destroyed me. I like the continuity but it just shows again how well their tight production schedule works for them.

I've missed out on South Park over the years - never had satellite, and only limited Freeview coverage, I've only seen the occasional episode, mostly early stuff.

Having played 'The Stick of Truth', I thought I'd better catch up, and I've been binging on box sets.

And not before time - I never really realised what a superb satire it is; has to be one of the best social commentaries ever. And pretty consistently funny - and then from the commentaries, to find out they write and animate each episode in the week up to broadcast. Unbelievable.

Cartman is fucking amazing, but I never realised just how integral to the show Butters became. 'Good times with Weapons' from S8 is one of the funniest things I have ever seen, ever.

And after watching Imaginationland, I now have a new catchphrase to amuse the missus with ... 'Soo Dry'.

Def the best of the 3 episodes of the new series by a wide margin. Cartman as a Transginger was too funny, felt quite guilty laughing at him "suck my clit and balls". The music production stuff was spot on and had me nodding in agreement - most pop stars ARE actually 45 year old men in Colorado, a lot of them are old rave producers, or semi-popular dance DJs who are hired guns by major production studios like Xenomania who have a stable of hot young things straight out of the Brits school looking for the big pop hit with underground cred. Rhianna for instance normally has around 30 different producers working on one song for the label.

You've not hear Royals? Do you never watch TV, go to a supermarket, or any other shop with a radio playing in it? I really liked it when it first came out, but as with all great songs that people discover it's played so much that I can't stand it now.

You've not hear Royals? Do you never watch TV, go to a supermarket, or any other shop with a radio playing in it? I really liked it when it first came out, but as with all great songs that people discover it's played so much that I can't stand it now.

I selectively download TV and either have earphones in or am talking to someone when out of the house. I have never heard of Lorde in my life before now. She's part of a group called the Royals?

Royals is the name of one of her songs.

Anyway, I binge watched the first three episodes yesterday and enjoyed them all ( the last two were the better of the three) . They were not classics or anything but better than I was led to believe.

I'm liking the continuities between episodes too.

Meh, it wasn't great but it's not even the worst of the season for me. Definitely has the feel of a brainstorming session where someone put Uber on the table and they ran with it without actually having anything to say.

"And I thought a shark was bad."