IGNORED

The Bookies

dogsout

Then they draw and...

It is possible to make a profit by hedging your bets, but it's rare. The best way to do it is to take advantage of bookies offering overly generous odds, placing multiple bets at multiple bookies. It can be complicated and the profits very meager unless you are putting big money down.

I was just playing the ouside squares ie:

Red

Back

Odd

Even

1-18

19-36

And the columns that split the board into 3 paying 3-1, this way I wasn't winning huge amounts but I wasn't laying down huge amounts either just playing a £5 chip on whichever one the force told me to :lol:

I don't understand the whole laying millions of chips over the board, obviously the odds are far higher but you're going to lose a lot more a lot quickly if your bets don't come in?

Although I as very lucky at the end as I was down to one £25 chip and decided to go for red it came in I did it again for odds and that came in too.

I fancied a little bet on tonights CL matches, now I am thinking Man Utd and Arsenal will win on the night, with AC Milan also beating Celtic - I can't decide on Madrid, Bayern or draw though?

I'm staying away from it, I can see it going either way. I reckon there will be quite a few goals though. Real Madrid don't know how to defend a lead and Bayern will really be pushing for goals. I reckon it'll probably be an open game so if I were betting on it, I'd be going for over 2.5 goals scored or something.

Edit: Scratch that, it's only evens. No good unless you're after a longish odds accumulator. I'd just stay away from this one.

Changed me mind and stuck a score down on a double of Arse V PSV Under 2.5 and Bayern V Real Madrid Over 2.5. Returns £70, I don't really fancy betting on Manure or Milan as I'm hoping they both lose.

That's probably not the best of bets tbh, but it's the best I can muster today - tough odds.

Had a treble which failed on the last game (needed Preston to win - they didn't :D ) and a single with MK Dons to win - once again they didn't ...

Still up on the week - nice little win the other night with Tottenham and Newcastle both winning.

Treble:

AZ Alkmaar v Feyenoord

Celtic v Rangers

Blackburn v Man City

Accumulator (5):

Barcelona v Real Madrid

AZ Alkmaar v Feyenoord

Celtic v Rangers

Inter Milan v AC Milan (Draw)

Blackburn v Man City

I've done some variations of that last acca, to cover myself.

Not a lot to punt on this weekend, there's a couple of big games but the odds reflect it.

I LOL'd when I saw Real Madrid are out at 4s to beat Barca tonight, that's probably a bit generous, not that I'd bet on it.

Came out of the weekend slightly up, would have been better if Chelsea had won as they were the only failure in a treble I had yesterday.

What are people's thoughts about the Cricket World Cup? I don't usually bet on cricket but might over the next couple of weeks as it's a 'special occasion' :unsure: I follow the game and go to quite a few Yorkshire games and the odd England game but never really feel confident enough to stick any money on it. Odd really.

God knows :(

I've put a few quid on a couple of Championship games. Have avoided betting on the Rs! Although, 11/2 isn't bad. We could surprise them and sneak a 0-1.

Oh Benito. 5 minutes to go and it looks like you called it. 1-0 must've been tasty odds. Come on you Rs, get another just so Benito won't feel quite as bad, although I'm sure the 3 points will ease the blow some what.