IGNORED

Edge 174

bobin

The one the did on R-Type and Irem was cringeworthy too... So far up their own arses, they've turned inside out.

I really liked the R-Type Time Extend, though I've not played the game. I have been meaning to pick it up since reading it though. I thought the JRSF one was really good too (yes, even the pointillist reference, which made perfect sense in the context it was used).

That said though, I dont rate their reviews much anymore. They seem to be a bit picky and inconsistent.

March 15th

Cheers dude.

All the Time Extends are well written. I've enjoyed some more than others, and some are nothing short of excellence. Anyone complaining about the Sunshine piece (which was excellent) should stick to games radar and text messaging. You dumb, inarticulate goons.

<_<

So they're still giving their official stance scores alongside text that says they like the game. Expect next month's "most played" to include Sonic Wii and GOW2 alongside some cobblers about how generic is the new innovation or something.

I'll still buy it though because i'm a sucker.

I agree, but Edge seemed to think it was worth a 9. So unless the sequel is a clear 2 points worse than the original, they've got some explaining to do in that review :D

God of War?

The original got an 8, not a 9.

As for the sequel they think it drags a bit and is overlong in the final third, the formula doesnt quite hold up for the sequel.

There are a few other problems they mention but in general they seem to think its very good.

I'm not quite sure why people have a hard time understanding that a 6 in Edge is a good score and a 7 is a very good score.

I really liked the R-Type Time Extend, though I've not played the game. I have been meaning to pick it up since reading it though. I thought the JRSF one was really good too (yes, even the pointillist reference, which made perfect sense in the context it was used).

That said though, I dont rate their reviews much anymore. They seem to be a bit picky and inconsistent.

Cheers dude.

The RType time extend was ok, there were just certain parts of it, such as likening ships on a certain stage to Irem's gravestone 9or something to that affect) that turned me off completely.

I mean, I fucking LOVE games, but some of the stuff in Edge is so pretentious.

Maybe I'm being an idiot but shouldn't that be...

"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the possible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

No.

The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

And here it is that I miss my Watson. By cunning questions

and ejaculations of wonder he could elevate my simple art,

which is but systematized common sense, into a prodigy. When I

tell my own story I have no such aid. And yet I will give my

process of thought even as I gave it to my small audience, which

included Godfrey's mother in the study of Colonel Emsworth.

"That process," said I, "starts upon the supposition that

when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever

remains, however improbable, must be the truth. It may well be

that several explanations remain, in which case one tries test

after test until one or other of them has a convincing amount of

support.