Slitherlink (NDS)

Cyhwuhx

MID: is there room for multiple player profiles on the cart? And is this the Picross game you were recommending earlier in the thread?

p1004583414.jpg

I can't remember if it has profiles. I can check later.

I think that's the Nintendo Picross game, which I don't really like as much as the Hudson one.

Puzzle Series Vol.6: Illust Logic is the one you want.

I can't remember if it has profiles. I can check later.

I think that's the Nintendo Picross game, which I don't really like as much as the Hudson one.

Puzzle Series Vol.6: Illust Logic is the one you want.

Brilliant, thanks. If you could check the profile situation, that would be totally sweet.

Yes, it has two player profiles on the card. I risked deleting my save game to find that out, given I didn't understand the Japanese characters I was seeing, and I did it all for you Billy Brown.

I've been playing little else for the last week or so. I'm 100+ puzzles in. I was starting to feel that the charm was wearing off, as the 10*10 grids were getting a bit samey, but upping the difficulty a bit has got me nicely stumped, and Rossignol's review has encouraged me to crack on.

10/10? Who knows. I'm really enjoying it. It's better than Sudoku or Solitaire, and probably a little better than Polarium or Picross. I really like games like this, and this is original (to me) and it's really nicely implemented. There are more puzzles than I could ever imagine completing, but Rossignol's 150 hour playtime has given me pause for thought. ANd I thought I was addicted.

Yes, it has two player profiles on the card. I risked deleting my save game to find that out, given I didn't understand the Japanese characters I was seeing, and I did it all for you Billy Brown.

Perfect. You're are a gent, Graham.

I've ordered both this and the Picross game mentioned upthread, and I'm really excited about getting them through. I haven't played a good puzzler for ages, and these SlitherLink puzzles are completely new to me in any form. I played a couple on the linked website and they're just the kind of thing I love getting my head around. I've only briefly played Mario Picross (years and years ago), but I remember loving that too. I'm going to be in DS puzzle heaven.

Are any of the other Hudson titles worth picking up then? Or indeed any Japanese puzzle titles I'm likely to have missed?

Are any of the other Hudson titles worth picking up then? Or indeed any Japanese puzzle titles I'm likely to have missed?

Check that link in my post to Rev Stu's round-up, he reviews many of them there. I'm going to check them all out when I can get the Slither Link monkey off my back, and I'll report back. If Picross doesn't get me again first.

To reframe this a little, could a really fun, really well-made Paintball FPS get a 10? If it was impossibly well implemented?

The suggestion that a game cannot be fun because of it's genre or setting is fucking stupid. Any game could get a 10 if it's entertaining enough.

He hasn't scored it based on its merits as a game, he's scored it because he likes playing slitherlink.

Sorry, I'm a bit slow, but you're going to have to point out the difference between those two things for me. Slitherlink by Hudson Soft is a DS game (what inspired it is hardly relevant - the thing we're talking about is unquestionably a game, and it runs on the DS, so it's a DS game). The reviewer has greatly enjoyed playing it for a long time. Explain to us all how that enjoyment doesn't reflect "its merits as a game".

Also, if you've got time, please tell us the name of the puzzle book we can go and buy in Smiths with lots of Slitherlink puzzles in it, and how many issues of it we'd have to buy at £1.50 a time before we had as many puzzles as the £15 DS game (leaving aside for just a moment the obvious superiority of a compact, colourful, move-retracting, automatic-completion-detecting computerised version over carrying around a big paper book and a pencil, rubber and sharpener).