IGNORED

EDF 2017

Gique

Cant find a copy for love nor money in Lisburn.

I take it this is selling like the proverbial cakes that are a touch hot?

I don't think so, it always seems to be available in the shops when I go in. However they charge a lot more than on the internet and I ended up getting mine for that great price of eighteen quid.

I remember reading something ages ago that on the PS2 games that their giant robot engine couldn't handle vehicles that well, that it was tailored for big stompy robots. I think they've prototyped their next-gen game engine similarly (it explains why the giant robots in the game move so fluidly but the human sized vehicles suck balls). It's still a massive oversight though but their focus on developing their tech is quite a bit different from most developers (after all they've created their own genre for fucksake, so they're clearly more geared to nurturing that which is totally fine by me).

As for Armored Core, the mecha in that are pretty damn large compared to the dinky robot you get in EDF3. So the comparison isn't entirely valid.

Oh and it's mecha you numpty.

Teehee :( It was deliberate (the mechs thing :P)

Anyway, that reasoning for the vehicles handling like shit is rubbish. And I don't care if the mecha in AC are bigger :P EDF is about blowing shit up and making your own jaw drop; the vehicles really lack the 'woah' factor. Which is a shame.

Anyone know where I can get Global Defense Force for the PS2?

EDIT: Never mind, it's vaporware, isn't it? Like the GBA-remake of the first Metal Slug?

I had one order from Amazon, and another from HMV. Neither have turned up - the release date may have slipped?

E-mail GamesTM. They've got loads of copies.

You are joking I take it.

Yep. Their 6/10 was based on their view that EDF 2017 is just a 360 version of the PS2 games*.

* That aren't available in the West

Wicked.

Gears of War eh?

Yep. Their 6/10 was based on their view that EDF 2017 is just a 360 version of the PS2 games*.

* That aren't available in the West

That's not true though, is it? One of them came out as Monster Attack and could be had for a few pounds in gaming meccas like Asda.

(Not that I wish to defend the 5/10 gamesTM awarded – a game should be scored on how much fun it is, and I hate the "so bad it's good" liking-it-ironically premise – but just to set the record straight on that PS2 version.)

This has turned into a grind fest for me now. I've just got inferno to do, but to do it I need the Lysander Z and/or more health. I keep playing level 46 on inferno again and again and again waiting for the Lysander Z to drop, but it never does. I do have the Lysander F, but if I use that for inferno I'll need more health to compensate for its lack of power. So that leaves me either farming level 46 for the gun, or level 8 for health. Not fun.

It's a shame because up to now it has been a riot. On co-op me and my brother had worked out some insane strategies for some of the later levels on hardest. One of the best was for me to fly the helecopter to its height limit with my brother balanced on the helicopters gattling gun, dropping c70 explosives (12000 damage) down to the hoards of aliens below.

I think I'm done with this now. Back to guitar hero 2 and trying to 5 star woman on hard...

This has turned into a grind fest for me now. I've just got inferno to do, but to do it I need the Lysander Z and/or more health. I keep playing level 46 on inferno again and again and again waiting for the Lysander Z to drop, but it never does. I do have the Lysander F, but if I use that for inferno I'll need more health to compensate for its lack of power. So that leaves me either farming level 46 for the gun, or level 8 for health. Not fun.

It's a shame because up to now it has been a riot. On co-op me and my brother had worked out some insane strategies for some of the later levels on hardest. One of the best was for me to fly the helecopter to its height limit with my brother balanced on the helicopters gattling gun, dropping c70 explosives (12000 damage) down to the hoards of aliens below.

I think I'm done with this now. Back to guitar hero 2 and trying to 5 star woman on hard...

You're obviously a bit of a completist.

Teehee :wub: It was deliberate (the mechs thing :wacko:)

Anyway, that reasoning for the vehicles handling like shit is rubbish. And I don't care if the mecha in AC are bigger ;) EDF is about blowing shit up and making your own jaw drop; the vehicles really lack the 'woah' factor. Which is a shame.

You missed the point, Sandlot's focus isn't EDF. Never has been. EDF has always been a matter of tech re-usage for them and in the case of EDF3, prototyping their next-gen tech. They're not going for something overly polished, just simple and fun (D3's remit for their budget range no less).

Short of making a bespoke EDF physics engine and wasting resources on their budget sideline of games, the vehicles will suck sweaty balls for a fair while to come.

Me and my workmate have just had another huge session - taking down a massive walking fortress was something I'll probably never forget. It's so epic, fun and insane that I still can't fathom why the game is so cheap to buy. Having power-ups as flat textures is also great thinking - if they were 3D boxes, they'd be hard to spot in the chaos.

Halo 3 better have stuff as huge and as epic as in EDF, otherwise meh to it.

Is the 'hard' difficulty appropriate to start the game with or does it get more difficult early in the game?

I found the 'normal' setting way to easy but 'hard' in co-op got quite difficult around level 7 (the first or second level with the silver T-Fighter like spacecrafts).

You missed the point, Sandlot's focus isn't EDF. Never has been. EDF has always been a matter of tech re-usage for them and in the case of EDF3, prototyping their next-gen tech. They're not going for something overly polished, just simple and fun (D3's remit for their budget range no less).

Short of making a bespoke EDF physics engine and wasting resources on their budget sideline of games, the vehicles will suck sweaty balls for a fair while to come.

All they had to do to the mech was make it turn faster. Hardly would require a bespoke physics engine :wub:

Yeah, do it :lol:

I picked this up today. Been a bit out of the loop but popped into Gamestation and saw this running on the display, gave it some welly like and having played the previous games this was an essential purchase. Even the missus likes it! \o/

I picked this up today. Been a bit out of the loop but popped into Gamestation and saw this running on the display, gave it some welly like and having played the previous games this was an essential purchase.

How much in there?

If thats a polite way of saying I've got OCD, then yes, you're right. I can't stand having incomplete games on my gamertag.

Fair play man, you have the skills!

Is the 'hard' difficulty appropriate to start the game with or does it get more difficult early in the game?

I found the 'normal' setting way to easy but 'hard' in co-op got quite difficult around level 7 (the first or second level with the silver T-Fighter like spacecrafts).

If you've got the right weapons then hard really isn't that hard, even later on. I guess you might struggle a bit with the amount of armour that you have if you've not done easy and/or normal beforehand.

I'm finding Hard tough, I only have the later missions left to do, but I don't last long at all. I'm experimenting with the weapons more as well, I could generally make Easy and Normal using the best Assault Rifle and Rocket Launcher, but I have to switch it up every level now.

I love the Vallak Dino-Mechs, I've completed their levels on Inferno, but they don't drop any weapons.

I've shown it to three friends so far, and they all loved it so much that they immediately bought it themselves. :rolleyes:

I decided today that I simply must own the first two games. I just ordered them from Play-Asia, where they're currently doing a combo-special: The Chikyuu Boueigun part 1 and 2 together for 37 euro :(

I decided today that I simply must own the first two games. I just ordered them from Play-Asia, where they're currently doing a combo-special: The Chikyuu Boueigun part 1 and 2 together for 37 euro :rolleyes:

Good choice. Just playing through the first game now and loving it. Lost all my saves when my memory card died, so I'm now playing through 1, 2 & Tactics in that order.