IGNORED

EDF 2017

Gique

Me and my friend definitely heard it as "Hello mothership...", but regardless it's a superb line with superb delivery.

Proper laugh out loud moment! I loved that level, out-epics everything I've seen on the 360 so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you start at easy and worked your way up to collect as many shield and weapons as possible?

Is there a site somewhere that has a description of all the weapons? I think I've only unlocked about 60 now after playing on normal and hard (in separate saves however, I started fresh on hard again).

I can't see myself playing it on anything harder than 'hard' with the current weapons I have.

I tried a few levels but all I could do was stay far far away from the bugs and try to get them with an auto aiming missile launcher. 10 minutes of shooting missiles in the air is no fun :(

http://www.d3press.us/files/Earth%20Defens...sc_EDF_2017.doc

starting a new save doesn't seem like an especially good idea if you don't keep all the guns and health you've already built up. I played through on normal, and then quickly battered everything on easy to get a lazer gun thing, and then started hard, didn't have much of a problem except for a few levels.

The spiders on hardest are crushing me cos I hardly bothered to pick up the armour in my first run though, like a fudd.

I'm slightly late to the party as usual, but I've been going through this on Normal over the past couple of days. Ridiculous amounts of fun despite some of its obvious flaws, and a couple of the epic fights towards the end must rank as some of the most memorable gaming moments I've ever had. Also, as mentioned previously, the first time you take down a Hector and admire that explosion, only to see two more stomp through the flames? Just wonderful.

I also loved the tactical element of weapon selection; for a game that initially seems to be a relatively brainless shooter it certainly displays some hidden depth. Unfortunately, I didn't realise just how excellent the Lysander was until the last couple of levels.

As ever, thanks to the good people of rllmuk for bigging up a game that I might never have discovered otherwise. I think I'll have a few days with something else and then come back and attack this on some of the other difficulty levels.

Interesting glitch I just found. Im on level 29(?) and I jumped over an obstacle then found myself "sinking" through the game world then was deposited into the top of the level and dropped through the sky onto the ground in front of THREE Hectors :D

I think the game had taken a crashed UFO and respawned it in the sky, and I was carried along for the ride (there was one next to me when I jumped, and I saw the side of it as I fell). That would fit the way the UFO's crash in the game world.

I started on normal, but went back through easy afterwards to build up my health for the hard/er levels - you'll need it.

I've got the AF20 -RAR (999 shots!) and the other AF20 (name escapes me) which is the best one in that category - fantastic pieces of weaponary combined with the lysanger (sp?) 2.

But I've noticed on harder/inferno some of the levels are impossible to do on single player and need to be done co-op.

You could start in easy, then normal etc to build up your armor and weapon arsenal but it's probably more fun to start at a challenging difficulty level. It takes about 15 hours to complete on normal/hard.

I found 'normal' to easy (in co-op). 'hard' is probably the best level to start.

It's a fun game but I don't see myself playing it all over again in the two harder difficulty settings.

Definitely done all the missions on normal difficulty? I had the same issue but then realised the first few levels I had done on hard, hence why it didn't unlock. Might be worth checking, it tells you what difficulty you completed each one on.

edit: Beaten to it.

Definitely done all the missions on normal difficulty? I had the same issue but then realised the first few levels I had done on hard, hence why it didn't unlock. Might be worth checking, it tells you what difficulty you completed each one on.

edit: Beaten to it.

Oh yes, the boyfriend got the achievement and I didn't, which is just a wee bit shite but oh well.

Finished it on Hard co-op an hour ago. Had a fantastic moment where I landed the chopper on a UFO, jumped out and had a go blasting the bastards below, but then realised my mate eventually destroyed my 'ride', leaving me scrambling to start up the heli's engine as the UFO started to crash. Amazing scenes.

Hardest is up next, but I don't think Inferno will ever be done.

Has anyone actually managed to finish this on Inferno yet? I'm having massive problems just trying to finish it on Harder. Got about 10 missions to go - those bloody spiders are really pissing me off!!

I've got slightly less to do on Harder, but I've not been playing for a few days, and I've just had the idea of plugging in a second controller, equipping the character with a missile launcher, aiming into the air and taping down the R trigger while I use my guy to run around.

I'll try it in the next few days, but I think it might just work!