Team Fortress 2 Discussion

ChrisN

There was another patch to the update today.

• Updated PL_Hoodoo. Changes from community mapmaker Tim Johnson:
    • "Added a balcony at 2-1 that I've rotated and cleaned up so it's a much better point, it attracts less sentry spam but is still holdable. 2-2 has a bit more breathing room and the one way route between BLU/RED spawn in stage 3 has gone and in its place some stairs up to the second level accessible from BLU's side."

Added "tf_ctf_bonus_time" ConVar to set the CritBoost bonus time for capturing the intelligence (0 to disable it)

Added "tf_arena_first_blood" ConVar to toggle the first blood feature in Arena mode (0 to disable it)

Added missing snowpuff particles for DX8 players

Fixed rocket jumping

Fixed sticky bomb attachment to props. They will now only ignore the saws in sawmill

Fixed Scouts going into reference pose in double jumps

Fixed the Ubersaw not displaying team colors

Fixed Spies disguised as RED Scouts not cloaking properly

Removed two more text messages for TF_FLAGTYPE_ATTACK_DEFEND CTF game mode

They've made Scout pistol amazing, people who script have had it like that for ages but for people like me who think it's a bit of cheat to script I'm glad for the changes. Also I've recently learnt how to fan super jump which is incredibly usefull.

My son was playing Prop Hunt games last night, really interesting to see what they've done with it. The Blu team spawns as heavies and pyros, the Red team spawns as scouts. The scouts can't shoot and look like props from the game instead of scouts (barrells, chimneys, stacks of wood, etc.), they have to hide and survive until the countdown runs out. Blu team members lose health when firing, players get healed when passing over capture points (which are inactive).

Anyway, it's Thursday. See you tonight, map cycle is below...

Gravel Pit

CTF Sawmill

KOTH Viaduct

Goldrush

KOTH Nucleus

Turn up on time, there are no reserved slots this week.

Do you guys play on the RLLMUK server a lot, or just the regular weekly meet thing?

I think I've spotted a few names on Festers/Fragmasters.co.uk though ;) Would be good to catch a game sometime with some of you lot.

How is the King of the Hill update? I haven't been able to play the last couple of weeks because my sound card went and I've been waiting for a new one. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update! The changes for heavies and medics are interesting - finally, some blutsauger balancing.

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Engine

If the installation is an HLTV relay we allow clients to connect as HLTV clients even if tv_enable is set to false. A recent exploit fix made it such that we ignore the flag indicating that the client is an HLTV client if tv_enable is false, but it is possible that relays won't have this ConVar set

Additions / Changes

Backpack improvement

Added support for 100 slots in the backpack

Backpack can now be sorted by type

Multi-selection in the backpack is now done by holding down the Ctrl key

Alt-fire on the Sandvich now drops sandviches

A single sandvich can be dropped at a time. Dropping the sandvich removes it from the Heavy

A Heavy can regain his sandvich by collecting a healthkit while already being at full health

Eating a sandvich using the taunt method now heals a Heavy to full health

Dropped sandviches heal 50% of the collector's health

Medic regen changes

Base regen amount increased from 1/sec to 3/sec

Regen amount increase since time of last damage decreased from 3x to 2x

End result of above: Old healing scaled from 1/sec to 3/sec based on time since being damaged (maxed out at 10 seconds). New healing scales from 3/sec to 6/sec

Blutsauger

Replaced "No critical hits" negative attribute with "-2 health drained per second on wearer"

Health drain stacks on top of the above Medic regen changes, lowering the base regen by 2h/sec

Added "mp_windifference" server ConVar (default to 0)

When set to X, matches will be considered won if a team gets X points ahead of the other team

Added a "Remember the active weapon between lives" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Added "Disable weather effects" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Added "Show non-standard items on spectated player" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

If set (default), it'll show non-standard items being carried by the player you're spectating

Tournament mode changes

New item whitelist allowing tournaments to control what items can be used by players

Added "item_whitelist_example.txt"

Added "item_show_whitelistable_definitions" command to get a list of whitelistable items

Added Tournament mode Spectator HUD

Added "Use advanced spectator HUD in tournament mode" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Shows all the members of your team (or both if you're a spectator) at the top of the screen, along with class/health/respawn time/charge level

Spectator indices are now shown on the team members, and hitting the corresponding weapon selection key (slot1-slot12 commands) will spectate them

Changed idle player check to include spectators & players who haven't chosen a team

Bug Fixes

Fixed explosive radius detection using an axially aligned box instead of a sphere

Compensated by increasing the radius of grenades, pipes, and rockets to 50% of what they lost at the corners of the OBB

Grenades/Pipes radius change: 132->159

Rocket radius change: 121->146

End result of above: Explosives have had their radius reduced at some angles, and increased at others. Radius is now consistent, angles are now irrelevant

Fixed Sniper using the reference pose if he has the Huntsman deployed when his team loses

Fixed Spies speaking their response rules lines after killing a player as the class they were disguised as

Fixed Medics getting MedicCallerPanels in their HUD for cloaked enemy Spies disguised as their team

Fixed the Huntsman not firing crit arrows when the Sniper is being CritBoosted

Fixed being able to fire the Huntsman under water if you jump into the water with the arrow charged

Added check to prevent clients using the "firstperson" command to get out of thirdperson view while they're phasing, taunting or control stunned

Fixed Halo glow effect not being hidden for cloak/disguised enemy Spies

Fixed wearables not destroying their attached particles when they're removed

Fixed several player & viewmodel simulation issues that occurred when the game was paused

Fixed a DX8-based exploit that allowed modified particle effects to work under sv_pure 2

Community Requests

Added the entindex() of the object being built to the "player_builtobject" game event

Added flag to allow CTF map authors to turn off the Overtime mode when timers expire

Added IgnitePlayer input to TFPlayer