Fallout 3 - Official Thread

Robbo

I love it how the game is actually different on the second playthrough. Different encounters, stuff that I thought that was scripted not happening at all and stuff that seems scripted that surely wasn't there the first time. Truly amazing, such a wonderful game. I'm totally feeling it again.

Most locations have a set of predetermined set of events that may or may not happen. Be it enemy spawns (such as a enclave patrol or molerats outside a power station) or a battle between beasts And raiders/enclave/randoms.

AHA! As I suspected. Lets hope this is true on ps3 too (after all, a BD could easily hold both sets of content, it wouldn't surprise me if fallout+dlc wont fit on a dual layer dvd)

Fallout 3 takes up less than 8gb on my HD with 4 DLC packs and an absolutely massive number of saves.

I love it how the game is actually different on the second playthrough. Different encounters, stuff that I thought that was scripted not happening at all and stuff that seems scripted that surely wasn't there the first time. Truly amazing, such a wonderful game. I'm totally feeling it again.

Don't do that - I've just finished visiting every location and feel I can put it to bed now.

This was an amazing gaming experience when i played it, but i haven't touched any of the DLC since i minished the main game

I'd like to pick it up again, but i'd like to play the expansions in the 'correct' order, if there is one

In which order do you guys suggest i play the DLC? In order of release, or worst to best?

Halp!

Edit: Would anyone have a spare code for the theme going too please? :D

There is no proper order to the DLC, I played them all in the order they were released. But on another play through I would probably play them on a 'save the best for last' basis. Zeta & Anchorage are the least exciting of the 4, but both drop great loot so play both first. Then play The Pitt. And finally, if you can, play through the Broken Steel content before Point Lookout. Point Lookout is not only the best expansion, but it also feels like a sort of 'I deserved this' after the main quest is over.

This was an amazing gaming experience when i played it, but i haven't touched any of the DLC since i minished the main game

I'd like to pick it up again, but i'd like to play the expansions in the 'correct' order, if there is one

In which order do you guys suggest i play the DLC? In order of release, or worst to best?

Halp!

Edit: Would anyone have a spare code for the theme going too please? :D

Worst to best:

Anchorage, Zeta, Steel/Pitt, Lookout (by far)

They've been pushing the GOTY edition a lot on TV, the adverts are everywhere.

I'm about half the way through the main quests, taking my time exploring/finding bobbleheads/doing side quests and I'm at lvl 18. Am I right in thinking the lvl cap is only raised when you buy the dlc ? And if I finish the main quests does the game end and stop me from exploring and collecting everything ?

Anyone want to lend me there dlc disc :angry: ?

I'm about half the way through the main quests, taking my time exploring/finding bobbleheads/doing side quests and I'm at lvl 18. Am I right in thinking the lvl cap is only raised when you buy the dlc ? And if I finish the main quests does the game end and stop me from exploring and collecting everything ?

"Broken Steel" raises the level cap. It also alters the ending of the main quest sequence, so you can continue exploring (rather than reverting back to an old save as the original ending forced you to do).

The match number is a count of the right letters in the right positions.

clicking matching brackets can remove duds or refresh your number of tries. If you are going to fail then back out and re-try to re-start the counts etc.

apart from that knowledge there is no trick as far as I have found.

cat <- password

fat <- 2

tac <-1

Well I picked up the GotY edition for the PS3 and now the game is an unplayable mess :angry: It seems that the DLC, which installs off the bluray automatically, causes the main game, not just the DLC, to stutter, make the dialogue/audio freeze and even causes the game to completely crash.

Bethesda better get this patched in the next week or it's going back for a refund.

Tips for a n00b please, and also some tips on the hacking. Thanks.

If you've got one go left and aren't 100% certain of the answer, then exit and go back into the terminal.

You'll get a fresh set of attempts, this way you can always avoid a lock out

Some of later terminals had me exiting and going back in dozens of times before I cracked it

Well I picked up the GotY edition for the PS3 and now the game is an unplayable mess :wub: It seems that the DLC, which installs off the bluray automatically, causes the main game, not just the DLC, to stutter, make the dialogue/audio freeze and even causes the game to completely crash.

Indeed, I see this with the regular game + DLC as well. Operation Anchorage is unplayably slow at some points.

Tips for a n00b please, and also some tips on the hacking. Thanks.

A major tip for the hacking is that you can select brackets/parentheses that have both an opening and a closing character, but no letters/words in between them. There's normally three or four (or more) of these per puzzle, and selecting one either eliminates a dud word, or replenishes your balance of guesses.

You can see examples of these groups of characters on the far right of this picture:

IMG1479-main_Full.jpg

You can see the groups of "......" in the puzzle where the dud words were removed.

Anyone want to lend me there dlc disc :wub: ?

Ive got both the dlc discs and I really want to lend them to you,but part of me feels bad about depriving the devs of sale :)