The Man Utd Thread

12 hours ago, teddymeow said:

But if he keeps stalling on a new contract then sell him at the end of this season for £££ rather than let him go on a free in summer 2020.

He could be the difference if we somehow end up challenging for the top 4 next season.

Worth the risk.

Liverpool fan so tell me to fuck off if you like, just interested in your selling discussions. 

I think you have a problem with a few that’s maybe more apparent from an outsider point of view. 

Over the last 20+ years you’ve been hugely successful and been able to attract top players and pay them top wages. By contrast, Liverpool have had to chase younger players, or slightly less world class names. 

Of course, us Liverpool fans were jealous of this and it’s only recently that things have started to turn but it’s also interesting how the mega bucks are perhaps going to hurt you a bit too. 

Take Sanchez, how much is he on? How long is his contract? Who’s going to pay him that and why would he go when he can sit on your bench collecting huge wages until the contract runs out?

Some might say a player wouldn’t do that and maybe not, but I think some would and that’s your problem since AF left. You’ve signed quite a few mercenaries who don’t care about the club, just the fat wage that you’ve been too ready to pay because it always worked out when you did it before. But before that was for players carefully selected by AF who cared about the long term. 

I’d still like Liverpool to be linked with more top names during transfer windows but you’re almost a cautionary tale of why not to always chase the stars. I think you’re lumbered with a few duds who might be harder to get rid of than you think. 

Anyway, good luck tonight. Can't believe I’ll almost be supporting Man Utd for what will be the first time ever. Torn. Also a sign of how bad it’s got for you if a Liverpool fan can type that out. 

I genuinely don’t know what I want to happen tonight. I’m going to hate the result either way. Either we turn up with dignity and fight and hand the title to you lot, or we continue the shameful performances, get humiliated AND help City win it. 

Might just not watch it!

I couldn't give a shit who wins the league between City and Liverpool. We're not in that fight, so I'm not interested. 4th place is of greater concern for me at the moment. Maybe in a few years, once we've rebuilt the squad and we're back, then I'll be interested, but not at the moment.

I want United to win tonight, but I honestly have absolutely no faith in the team after Sunday's pathetic outing. If they can't muster any enthusiasm against Everton with a Champions League spot up for grabs, then why would they put any effort in tonight?

12 minutes ago, JPL said:

I couldn't give a shit who wins the league between City and Liverpool. We're not in that fight

Yes you are, 29 years since Liverpool won the league. You win tonight and you hand them their first premier league title on a silver platter. Your most hated rival throughout the seventies and eighties.

Go and read rawk for ten minutes...

This is great reading! How can you go from "Ole's at the wheel" to.... "I dont understand what he is doing, clueless..." etc in less than a month. 

It must be horrible having to decide the fate of which 'rival' wins the league. I didn't know you could be rivals to Liverpool and City as most of those fans live in Manchester and Liverpool. That's a bit far to be their rivals?

Anyway, ignore me I'm having fun reading this.

2 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Interesting to see the team sheet.

We need speed and quick thinking. That means no Lukaku up front. I'd also look to leave Pogba out and go with Herrera and McTominay. 

An espn guy has said if the rumours are true then no one would have guessed the starting 11.

Leaky roof instead of leaky defence hopefully. 

28 minutes ago, Revival said:

Yes you are, 29 years since Liverpool won the league. You win tonight and you hand them their first premier league title on a silver platter. Your most hated rival throughout the seventies and eighties.

Go and read rawk for ten minutes...

You know what I mean though. I just don’t care who wins the league because we aren’t up there scrapping for it. My only hope now is we win our last 4 games and one of the other teams around us slips up. Yes, I did just type that!

If we are talking about what I'd rather happened, I'd rather we won tonight, showing some of the fight and desire they were lacking against Everton.  Sod whether it hands the title to Liverpool.  To be honest, the idea of City potentially ending this "quadruple" season with just the Carabou Cup amuses me no end.  

Thing is, I don't think what we would "choose" will come into it at all.  We're going to get battered.

Edit - Oh, it's that wingbacks and two up front system again, then.  I don't think that works, personally.  I liked us playing 4-3-3 with three pacey forwards like we did for Ole's first few games.  Or is it?  I've just realised I misread it and we're actually playing three full-backs.  Hmmm.  4-4-2 with Young on the wing or something?  Young or Darmian as a third CB?

10 minutes ago, tbb said:

I had a dream that Phil Jones scored the winner. 

Get your money on. 100/1

He's not in the matchday squad, so I reckon it's a bit unlikely.  I reckon it's still vaguely possible he might somehow still manage to score a game-winning own-goal despite not being on the pitch, but I wouldn't bet tooooo much money on it.

38 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

He's not in the matchday squad, so I reckon it's a bit unlikely.  I reckon it's still vaguely possible he might somehow still manage to score a game-winning own-goal despite not being on the pitch, but I wouldn't bet tooooo much money on it.

Have faith! 

You seem to be playing pretty well but you need a goal. Got a feeling if City nick one you’ll collapse. Rare I watch Man U with a genuine interest but in this game you remind of Liverpool a season or so ago, playing well and pacey on the break but often coming away with nothing to show for it. 

This is so fucking weird for me.