rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

The Man Utd Thread

So then, Wolves. Again.

Thoughts about tonight.

I'd like to think the win at the weekend will give us a bit of positivity to go out and get the win.

Screenshot_20200115-190615.jpg

5 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

BT. 

Thought you’d win for sure tonight, but we’ve put out a strong team so not sure now. 

Thanks. Yeah, I’m never confident playing you lot. Should be a good game though.

• Upvote 1

On 12/01/2020 at 22:36, Gabzy said:

Guaranteed we lose out on Bruno to Spurs because of how we do 'business' these days.

If we do, I will be absolutely fuming. This deal should be done, dusted and announced by now.

I think it's hard to do business not out in the open to some degree, because the media knows a story about United will always sell more papers / get more clicks. I don't think the club help themselves, but I can see why they would feel the need to control the conversation rather than let any old nonsense be printed. Even so, I wish they didn't leak stuff and tried to keep stuff a secret until it's announced. They're not media masterminds, and I look at the way clubs like Dortmund and Liverpool conduct their dealings with no small amount of envy. Surely it just puts pressure on themselves and gives other clubs leverage - after all this noise, we will look like absolute twats if we don't sign Fernandes.

That disallowed goal seems incredibly harsh.  It's technically correct as the laws of the game stand, but it's kind of ridiculous.  It hit his hand, but he knew nothing about it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, feltmonkey said:

That disallowed goal seems incredibly harsh.  It's technically correct as the laws of the game stand, but it's kind of ridiculous.  It hit his hand, but he knew nothing about it.

Harsh on Neto too. That two in three goals this season ruled out very harshly. At Anfield and old Trafford too. 

5 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Harsh on Neto too. That two in three goals this season ruled out very harshly. At Anfield and old Trafford too. 

You can't argue with it being disallowed under the current laws, but if you ask me the laws are wrong.  

2 wins in a row, so we’re definitely losing the next one. Absolutely nothing to do with it being Liverpool.

Just now, spork said:

Terms apparently agreed with Bruno Fernandes. Now just down to Ed and Sporting to agree the fee.

So... we're screwed then?

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, spork said:

Terms apparently agreed with Bruno Fernandes. Now just down to Ed and Sporting to agree the fee.

I’ve been reading this on Twitter for the last 5 days. It won’t happen.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ckny said:

I’ve been reading this on Twitter for the last 5 days. It won’t happen.

I am over in Lisbon at the moment and everyone here is convinced it’s happening this time. They probably don’t fully understand Ed’s incompetence though.

The current excuse is that Fernandes wants to play his last game for Lisbon against Benfica tomorrow, and then they will conclude the deal. 

It's nonsense. Nothing has happened for a week, and we're looking to get a midfielder in on loan. The deal is clearly off. 

0_my_team_man-utd_vs_n_200114.png

Just looking at the Manchester Evening News site for some transfer news and they had this graphic up. It made me realise that we're not too far away from having a solid first team. Replace Lindelof and Fred with a couple of better players and I think that'd be pretty solid. I know Pogba will be off as soon as he can and I'm never convinced by Martial's attitude, but what do you lot think?

Then we need to have replacements of equal quality for all of them. We've still got a long way to go.

Depends what your aim is? Apart from the fact you’re basically planning to replace the whole midfield, i’d say James and Williams haven’t proven they’re ready to start week in week out for a champions league club.