rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

The Man Utd Thread

It's infuriating isn't it? @dizogg absolutely has a point that if you keep paying over the odds you'll get price gouged every time. The problem is that it's hardly a secret that we're a very rich club, and that we are in a desperate situation on the pitch. Add to that the fact that Fernandes is Sporting's best player, their captain, and either scores or assists most of their goals, so they're not exactly keen to sell him. There's also the January window tax. Of course he's going to be a bit more expensive than you might otherwise expect. If he's what you need, you pay the money.

Man City drop tens of millions on players they don't even bother playing (Mahrez, Rodri) and we have similar buying power. We just faff around. Woodward caused problems with this approach by trying unsuccessfully to play hardball over Wan-Bissaka and Maguire leaving Ole with limited time in pre-season to work with them, completely against the manager's wishes. 

The kid from Birmingham looks decent. He's skillful and is good at sending a defender the wrong way. 

ya know...i did not actually notice that...id put williams further up. not shaw. And bailey is back on the bench!?

Capture.thumb.JPG.7a5b1f79d16976b14c8d2e4a06ea9593.JPG

thats just fucking pathetic, thats poor coaching, that should have been decided before that game, and he should have been man marked! we need t ostop the bullshit zonal marking, as we concede far to many like that!

would we say we are missing 2 or 3 first choice players? Rashford, McTomminay, yeah...pogba? i mean, they would really add to the team

We’ve not exactly been terrible. But Liverpool are just so much better than us all over the pitch. The forward players are rabbits in the headlights whenever we’re in their third.

10 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Fuck me what a shit team you boys support! 

Sexist. Girls support this shit team too.

• Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Fuck me what a shit team you boys support! 

We just want to see what it was like to be Liverpool fans for the past 30 years. :wub:

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, spork said:

We just want to see what it was like to be Liverpool fans for the past 30 years. :wub:

Except without the belief that next year is going to be our year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tonymg said:

Except without the belief that next year is going to be our year. 

Or as many European Cups ;)

• Upvote 1

So, we need a striker as well as a midfielder in this window now. Not to mention all the other areas that need strengthening.

I honestly can’t believe how lightweight our squad is. An injury in any position means we’re fucked. At the speed we do transfers (Well, incoming ones anyway), it’s going to take at least another 10 years to sort this mess out.

So much money has been spent since Fergie left, it’s unbelievable that we’re in this position. We’re a total joke of a club.

We've sold a lot of those players we bought, usually because they were rubbish. 

Perhaps with Rashford out long-term, it's finally time to try to sign Bale. Perhaps Real Madrid would be willing to let him come to us on loan until the end of the season if we pay a percentage of his wages. I dunno. It'd almost certainly be disastrous. 

35 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

We've sold a lot of those players we bought, usually because they were rubbish. 

Perhaps with Rashford out long-term, it's finally time to try to sign Bale. Perhaps Real Madrid would be willing to let him come to us on loan until the end of the season if we pay a percentage of his wages. I dunno. It'd almost certainly be disastrous. 

Of course it’d be a disaster, as it’s a knee jerk reaction to a problem that wasn’t addressed after letting Lukaku leave, then Woodward getting all moralistic over Haaland.

It’s just so fucking frustrating that they’re being so short sighted. We need cover for every position in the squad, but they just don’t seem to give a shit. Then things like this happen and we’re screwed. They’ll either hobble on to a mid-table finish at the end of the season, or they’ll panic buy. It’s just an absolute joke that one of the richest clubs on the planet doesn’t seem to have a clue.

• Upvote 2