rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

The Man Utd Thread

3 hours ago, 5R7 said:

i hate to say it, but id almost love for one of them Saudis to step up and buy  the club.

Great, so we can become the biggest and ugliest sportswashing campaign of them all? I don't think it's going to happen anyway - the story that leaked a while back was just to test public opinion, and the response was very negative.

The money isn't the issue. The lack of long term planning is. Other clubs get in front of potential problems, and try to build squads with depth and balance. We don't. That's why we're only a couple of points above clubs like Wolves, Sheffield United and Southamption, who all have a fraction of the resources we do. Despite this, it wouldn't surprise me if one of more of them are above us by the season's end - particularly Southamption who have hit a real hot streak. Compared to those clubs, we invest reactively, and create a media circus every time. The latest example is the Fernandes debacle - Lisbon's owners know what running a football club is like, they know the fans will be right up the Glazers' and Woodward's backs if we don't sign him. We're trying to sign a crucial first team player in January, with essentially no-one to play there if a deal can't be made, and few alternatives we could pursue. It's such a weak position to be in, and it's the result of years of there being no leadership or vision on the sporting side.

I honestly could live with us being a mid table team (maybe I'm being a bit dramatic - but we're not far off), if our position wasn't the result of expensive and haphazard recruitment and poor coaching. If we had an average group of players stretched to the maximum of their abilities, collectively more than the sum of their parts, that would be a step down from our recent past of course, but it would be much more bearable. Obviously if you are only a fan when your club is winning trophy after trophy, then you are not really a fan. But when the ownership of a club is either uninterested in sporting success, or just completely incompetent, I do think that it's much harder to find that excitement and passion in following them.

The sooner we hit the bottom, the better, because then the glazers wont want the club as it wont make money, and somebody that does might be able to step in! So, 30 years till we win the league again?

hell, it wouldn't be so bad if we were at least playing good football!

11 hours ago, teddymeow said:

This is where I'm at.

All this talk of supporting Ole from the board etc just seems to be lip service.

Yup. Our squad is paper thin and lack the quality needed to compete for anything. We didn't replace Lukaku and we didn't replace Herrera, and were not strengthening our squad even though we desperately need it. Why should fans invest in the club when the owners wont?

7 hours ago, 5R7 said:

i hate to say it, but id almost love for one of them Saudis to step up and buy  the club.

I would love owners who put money into the club instead of just taking money out of it. Take a look at City, their B team alone would comfortably qualify for top 4 while we are betting all our money on Rashford. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

No Bruno Fernandes then. Joel Glazer has said he's not worth the money.

The Glazers turning a positive into a negative, again. 

37 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

No Bruno Fernandes then. Joel Glazer has said he's not worth the money.

I had to double check that...WTAF!?!?! - https://www.givemesport.com/1540698-bruno-fernandes-move-to-man-utd-is-off-after-joel-glazers-intervention

They need to get the fuck out, they clearly have no intention of real investment!

He has an excellent record, wanted to come, and yes was a little pricey, but, not astronomical!

I would take any stories that refer to the specifics of internal discussions / decision making at the club with a healthy amount of salt. I also don't think that sharing that sort of thing is going to help the club become less of a soap opera.

33 minutes ago, Liamness said:

I would take any stories that refer to the specifics of internal discussions / decision making at the club with a healthy amount of salt. 

Especially when the source is goal.com!

I’ll bet Pete Brant’s remaining bollock that we don’t sign anyone this window.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, JPL said:

I’ll bet Pete Brant’s remaining bollock that we don’t sign anyone this window.

I'll bet Pete Bran't remaining bollock that we WILL sign someone this window. :quote:

Bothwick-Jackson has gone on loan to Oldham. The clear out continues!

Still no sign of anyone coming in, eh @spork?

18 minutes ago, JPL said:

Bothwick-Jackson has gone on loan to Oldham. The clear out continues!

Still no sign of anyone coming in, eh @spork?

Tell that to @PeteBrant! Still another week to go though.

3 at the back...against tranmere! yeah! im just hoping nobody breaks an ankle on that "pitch"

Capture.thumb.JPG.06bd149c7e8bfb6c77d5feb15cd629fd.JPG

• Upvote 2

alrite who had "jones to get booked in 5 minutes" on jones fuck up bingo!

Maguire scores a screemer !? who saw that coming lol

and now lingard!?

we should go for as many as we can, get peoples shooting boots on!

I hate to be negative when we're winning 6-0, but Pereira is awful. He's just so average at everything. 

• Upvote 3