rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

The Man Utd Thread

2 minutes ago, Liamness said:

All well and good for the commentators saying he should've been subbed off... but for who, exactly? Not a single central midfielder on the bench.

Odd to think that, given how long he completely frozen out, I'm now wondering how we'll cope against Wolves without Matic!

Will this ban apply to PL games?!

1 minute ago, Liamness said:

I thought bans carried across all FA competitions, but I'm happy to be corrected.

I have no idea, you're probably right. Good thing we've got Fernandes coming in then I guess.. baptism of fire :facepalm:

if we could get Florentino Luís in the summer, him Fernandes and pogba would be a great midfield! also, we should sign Florentino Luís!

That free kick was the chance! We have Mata on the pitch, and he's scored more free kicks in the last ten years than any other Premier League player! Instead fucking Fred, who's never scored one, takes it and of course it's completely shit. It was Mata's perfect range.  Totally stupid muddled thinking for him not to take it. I despair. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, feltmonkey said:

That free kick was the chance! We have Mata on the pitch, and he's scored more free kicks in the last ten years than any other Premier League player! Instead fucking Fred, who's never scored one, takes it and of course it's completely shit. It was Mata's perfect range.  Totally stupid muddled thinking for him not to take it. I despair. 

Honestly, what is the explanation for this?! Why didn't Mata just take it? This team is so infuriating.

Well at least it wasn't a total dead rubber. It was an actual contest worth watching, which wasn't what I was expecting.

18 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

I have no idea, you're probably right. Good thing we've got Fernandes coming in then I guess.. baptism of fire :facepalm:

He won't play that deep, we still need someone to partner Fred. Would be unfair to play a new signing in completely the wrong position.

It could be a relatively gentle introduction to English football for Fernandes. If he takes up a central attacking position, which I think it's safe to assume he will (maybe something else will happen if / when Pogba returns), literally anything he contributes from that position could be considered an improvement. Still, it's a big step up and I would expect there to be a period of adjustment.

• Upvote 1

I've had a shower and a cup of tea, and I'm putting a Switch game on now. 

But I'm still furious about that free kick. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

I've had a shower and a cup of tea, and I'm putting a Switch game on now. 

But I'm still furious about that free kick. 

Let us know how you’re feeling in the morning.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JPL said:

Let us know how you’re feeling in the morning.

Feltmonkey wakes, as the beeping of the alarm signals a new day. His eyes bleary and his head sore, his movement is almost slow motion as he reaches over to stop the noise. Horrible visions have tormented his dreams and his body aches from all the tossing and turning. He rests his head back on the pillow and stares at the ceiling....

"That fucking freekick"

• Upvote 6

Can we rename the thread to ‘The Felmonkey Free Kick Support Group’ please?

It's funny actually - and I swear this is completely true - I got into work and saw my mate who's a United fan. I hadn't been texting him during the match or anything, but the first words out of his mouth were "Why didn't Mata take that free kick?" 

Anyway, I'll stop going on about it now. Has Fernandes arrived for his medical yet? Have we got a photo of him in the kit? 

I think some of our fans might be putting rather too much expectation on him... 

That video made me chuckle but, yeah, one signing in January does not a successful remainder of a season make.

7 hours ago, Nicky said:

think thats someone from Man Utd. his agent is Jorge Mendez

Nah, that's his agent in the picture, Miguel Pinho. Jorge Mendes just helped sort out the deal, cos he's a boss.

Quick question boys, where does Greenwood usually play, on the right or on the middle? Whoscored says he starts on the right more but when he comes on is it usually right sided or as a striker?

Rumours about Josh King coming in from Bournemouth. Eddie Howe was weirdly non-committal in his press conference just now, which makes me think this is more than just idle speculation. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest. Good player but not exactly a world beater is he?

3 minutes ago, EUkdazs said:

Rumours about Josh King coming in from Bournemouth. Eddie Howe was weirdly non-committal in his press conference just now, which makes me think this is more than just idle speculation. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest. Good player but not exactly a world beater is he?

We're currently being linked to every single striker in the world. It's deadline day (is it today or tomorrow?) and the news sites know if they mention Man Utd then they get extra clicks.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

Quick question boys, where does Greenwood usually play, on the right or on the middle? Whoscored says he starts on the right more but when he comes on is it usually right sided or as a striker?

He's generally played on the right this season, although he's always been a central striker for the youth team and reserves. He tends to start on the right or come on as one of a disorganised mass of forwards thrown on in desperation when we're chasing a game. Obviously in those latter cases it's quite difficult to tell where he's supposed to be playing. He's usually the one that gets a goal in those situations though. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

He's generally played on the right this season, although he's always been a central striker for the youth team and reserves. He tends to start on the right or come on as one of a disorganised mass of forwards thrown on in desperation when we're chasing a game. Obviously in those latter cases it's quite difficult to tell where he's supposed to be playing. He's usually the one that gets a goal in those situations though. 

Thanks!

On 29/01/2020 at 18:08, 5R7 said:

more likely to get a 20 year old goalkeeper for the u23's...

@JPLill just quote myself :p

• Upvote 2