rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

The Man Utd Thread

It's funny actually - and I swear this is completely true - I got into work and saw my mate who's a United fan. I hadn't been texting him during the match or anything, but the first words out of his mouth were "Why didn't Mata take that free kick?" 

Anyway, I'll stop going on about it now. Has Fernandes arrived for his medical yet? Have we got a photo of him in the kit? 

I think some of our fans might be putting rather too much expectation on him... 

That video made me chuckle but, yeah, one signing in January does not a successful remainder of a season make.

7 hours ago, Nicky said:

think thats someone from Man Utd. his agent is Jorge Mendez

Nah, that's his agent in the picture, Miguel Pinho. Jorge Mendes just helped sort out the deal, cos he's a boss.

Quick question boys, where does Greenwood usually play, on the right or on the middle? Whoscored says he starts on the right more but when he comes on is it usually right sided or as a striker?

Rumours about Josh King coming in from Bournemouth. Eddie Howe was weirdly non-committal in his press conference just now, which makes me think this is more than just idle speculation. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest. Good player but not exactly a world beater is he?

3 minutes ago, EUkdazs said:

Rumours about Josh King coming in from Bournemouth. Eddie Howe was weirdly non-committal in his press conference just now, which makes me think this is more than just idle speculation. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest. Good player but not exactly a world beater is he?

We're currently being linked to every single striker in the world. It's deadline day (is it today or tomorrow?) and the news sites know if they mention Man Utd then they get extra clicks.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

Quick question boys, where does Greenwood usually play, on the right or on the middle? Whoscored says he starts on the right more but when he comes on is it usually right sided or as a striker?

He's generally played on the right this season, although he's always been a central striker for the youth team and reserves. He tends to start on the right or come on as one of a disorganised mass of forwards thrown on in desperation when we're chasing a game. Obviously in those latter cases it's quite difficult to tell where he's supposed to be playing. He's usually the one that gets a goal in those situations though. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

He's generally played on the right this season, although he's always been a central striker for the youth team and reserves. He tends to start on the right or come on as one of a disorganised mass of forwards thrown on in desperation when we're chasing a game. Obviously in those latter cases it's quite difficult to tell where he's supposed to be playing. He's usually the one that gets a goal in those situations though. 

Thanks!

On 29/01/2020 at 18:08, 5R7 said:

more likely to get a 20 year old goalkeeper for the u23's...

@JPLill just quote myself :p

• Upvote 2

Looks like we might get Ighalo on loan.  I don't know if he's declined while he's been playing in China, but he was class at Watford.  I'm not against it.

Apparently he had 33 in 82 appearances at Watford. Lacazette is on 32 in 82 for Arsenal.

Could be worse I guess? 

its desperation, it smacks of desperation, its pathetic, its NOT Utd!

*waits to eat words as he scores ALL the goal"

It smacks of desperation, but we’re desperate. We needed a striker, we got a striker.

I just can't wait to see dat scoop again. 

He comes with a sweet chant to the tune of 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet too. 

I actually thought when he was playing for Watford that he was destined for greater things, and that it was a shame he decided to go to China and play in a much inferior league.  Dunno, at least we got someone.

• Upvote 1

This makes me happy. He's had a tough time but he seems to be really turning a new leaf.

• Upvote 3

Chelsea have dropped points again today, so we really need to capitalise on that to be in with a chance of a top four finish. I feel like I say this every week, yet we aren’t any closer to them.

The fact the Chelsea have dropped points, clearly means we will too!

So Bruno, chucked straight in then!

84462291_10157284452967746_6384820948268

13 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

The fact the Chelsea have dropped points, clearly means we will too!

So Bruno, chucked straight in then!

84462291_10157284452967746_6384820948268

What better time to give him his debut than against his home country?

His first game and only had a training session or two with the team. I think hes going to be brilliant.