rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

The Man Utd Thread

What I like is how he's pointing, telling the players around him what to do. As a player making his debut having just made a step up from the Portuguese league to the Premier league, that's fantastic. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stevie said:

I can watch Bissaka tackle all day. 

Good job because he can’t do much else :lol:

• Empathy 1

Did you post that just after he skinned their fullback and put in a beautiful cross to create the best chance of the match? 

• Upvote 3

They really don’t want 4th place (or even 5th now), do they?

6 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Did you post that just after he skinned their fullback and put in a beautiful cross to create the best chance of the match? 

Haha 5 seconds before. Fucking relieved that didn’t go in :lol:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Haha 5 seconds before. Fucking relieved that didn’t go in :lol:

Haha if it had then your hot take on Man Utd would have looked even more stupid than usual :lol:

19 minutes ago, spork said:

Haha if it had then your hot take on Man Utd would have looked even more stupid than usual :lol:

Not claiming to be making any hot takes, Man Utd are fucking shit and I’m just enjoying it :).

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Not claiming to be making any hot takes, Man Utd are fucking shit and I’m just enjoying it :).

Just here to troll. Got it! 

1 hour ago, dizogg said:

EuBaybbzll3uVVJLoxQj3jNnIYksxkKWaYaUj7K7

;):P

So, Bruno, looked quality! i mean lets be honest, alot of teams dont do well against wolves, but we looked a lot better!. Bruno, Pogba and a proper Dm would make for a great 433! Scotty aint really a Dm, hes more box-2-box

23 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

EuBaybbzll3uVVJLoxQj3jNnIYksxkKWaYaUj7K7

;):P

So, Bruno, looked quality! i mean lets be honest, alot of teams dont do well against wolves, but we looked a lot better!. Bruno, Pogba and a proper Dm would make for a great 433! Scotty aint really a Dm, hes more box-2-box

I think Fernandes is more likely to be the replacement for Pogba, not a partner. Everything seems to suggest he won't be staying at United much past this season.

1 hour ago, Adrock said:

I think Fernandes is more likely to be the replacement for Pogba, not a partner. Everything seems to suggest he won't be staying at United much past this season.

Nah, when Pogba goes in the summer we'll be using his transfer fee on a top quality replacement.

:unsure:

33 minutes ago, spork said:

Nah, when Pogba goes in the summer we'll be using his transfer fee on a top quality replacement.

:unsure:

...Florentino Luís?? ... seriously...we need that guy!

I was just reading that the last 8 out of 9 games that Chelsea have dropped points, so have we. That’s just not good enough.

We really don’t deserve a top 4 finish with stats like that. It also makes me wonder why Martial always looks so disinterested when he knows what’s at stake. He just isn’t good enough. I hope this new lad works out and we’re on the hunt for a replacement or two over the summer.

Well some good news

https://www.imust.org.uk/Blog/Entry/m-u-s-t-response-to-confirmation-that-manchester-united-has-submitted-a-proposal-for-a-rail-seat-trial-at-old-trafford

It would be great to see rail seating installed in Old Trafford. No downsides from my point of view - it's safer, and potentially allows more tickets to be sold, at a lower price (if the Premier League allows clubs to actually sell standing tickets). I think I'd actually prefer it for comfort reasons too - people are too fat these days to squeeze into 90s-era density of seating.

Some pundits somewhere were offering the theory that if Man United finish 5th and get Champions League football then, well..Guardiola might arrive as well as De Bruyne. :lol:

Imagine that, then Pochettino goes to City for some reason. Then Messi joins up with Guardiola and Ed Woodward sells Old Trafford to afford him. 

• Upvote 1

Heheh I love it. Who are these "pundits?" 

I sometimes wish I lived in the world of my Football Manager 2020 game. In that, Man Utd are top of the league this season with Jadon Sancho on the wing and by far the tightest defence in the league. More importantly, the UK has come to it's senses and will be staying in the EU. Playing it is actually starting to make me quite sad about how rubbish the real world is in comparison. 

It was one of those sky discussion things. They're just fans I think, sitting on sofas. Even ex players though are all over this expecting half the city squad to go elsewhere, going; well if I'm a player I want to play in the champions league. No shit..

No star player has left city since the money came in and they had success. Always expected summer transfer news around Aguero and Silva being lured back to La Liga to one of the big two (Aguero linking up with his best mate Messi) but it never happened.

Peter Crouch going on like City were involved in match fixing; 'it casts a shadow over those trophies'. I don't like to see teams banned like I don't like to see players miss finals for yellow cards. I'd rather UEFA fined City 2 billion pounds and redistributed it. Although Jonathan Wilson's article mentions City would rather sue for 10 years than pay another fine, so I guess they'd challenge that as well. 

In terms of alternative timelines, I like to think of the uk we might now live in had Thatcher and Murdoch died at birth, and John Smith didn't have a heart attack. 

Harry Gregg has died. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30383827

I know he was before any of our times, but he's an important figure in the history of the club, the Hero of Munich. He didn't want it to define him, but he pulled several people, including a pregnant woman and a young child, out of the wreckage on the Munich runway. 

RIP

RIP to Harry Gregg. Read up on him a few years ago and he was the epitome of bravery in the truest sense of the word. 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Harry Gregg has died. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30383827

I know he was before any of our times, but he's an important figure in the history of the club, the Hero of Munich. He didn't want it to define him, but he pulled several people, including a pregnant woman and a young child, out of the wreckage on the Munich runway. 

RIP

Unbelievable that they played just 2 weeks after the disaster. Just boggles the mind. 

• Upvote 1

3 at the back? or williams pushing on? and...bailey is back...ok...

Capture.JPG.b1310e7bc401296c9915f644356d4af2.JPG

• Upvote 1

We have to win tonight to keep those faint hopes of Champions League football alive. Definite loss then.

Is Lindelof injured?

Yeah where is Lindelof? Bailly 100% getting injured or sent off. Anyone wanna take my bet?

9 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

Yeah where is Lindelof? Bailly 100% getting injured or sent off. Anyone wanna take my bet?

yellow card in the first half lol

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

Nah, but he’ll definitely be responsible for a Chelsea goal.