rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

The Man Utd Thread

2 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

But come on, he couldn't get rid of all those

Our net spending wasn’t great if you take into account that we sold Lukaku for 74 million and our total net spending was 75 million. A club our size should easily have spent 150, especially since we are in a complete rebuild. We also let Herrera leave for free without a backup, and that’s just unbelievable incompetent.

results count, but playing a good looking game also helps, it's there for entertainment, not just the result, if all you care about is the result, maybe a day in the bookies is better than a trip to Old Trafford

Agreed. OGS has had some fantastic highs, like PSG in Paris and beating City thrice, but there has also been some depressing low’s due to lack of squad depth, but that’s avoidable because it’s down to having the right players. I like where we are heading, but the league is a lot tougher and more competitive compared to ten years ago so we have to spend money.

I like this rebuild and I want OGS to succeed, but we can’t get results without proper financial backing and without results OGS will be unemployed. My biggest fear is having yet another manager come in and proceeding to undo everything because he has a different vision. I mean OGS is Juan Mata’s what...5th manager? We’re one sacking away from becoming Southampton.

46 minutes ago, BlackHoodedCrow said:

I agree that we need to sign the right players, but I don't buy statements like that. You can't expect to buy one player (Hello Pogba) and expect a massive turn around in the team. There is undoubtedly a lot of dead wood we need to axe and players we should attempt to buy - but if they aren't coming all at once, that's fine. And if we buy a player and it doesn't turn our entire season around - that's also fine. I'm just saying we should have a little patience with one manager / setup before we get trigger happy on firing them.

Not sure the board will agree though.

Both yes and no. The reason why we have improved under Bruno is because he adds creativity to our midfield. He create chances for Martial, and as a result Martial gets better. One player can compliment the squad and improve those around him. When we were playing Lingard he would just run around and lose the ball. He had zero assist and zero goals scored in all of 2019 and that not good enough.

Of course I don’t believe we can sign all the players at once, but we have to be willing to spend money that reflects the size of the club and it’s ambitions. Sadly we have the Glazers in charge and they only own the club because it’s a source of income not because they love it, and if they can make money by finishing 5th or 7th every year then they will be happy.

On 25/05/2020 at 18:58, dizogg said:

You won’t get either. Certainly not Werner! 

Dizogg confirmed as Chelsea insider.

• Upvote 2

Back on the 19th vs Spurs :wub:

The thought of seeing Pogba, Fernandes and Rashford playing together is almost too much

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gabzy said:

Back on the 19th vs Spurs :wub:

The thought of seeing Pogba, Fernandes and Rashford playing together is almost too much

Fingers crossed it's the aggressive, skilful, driven Pogba we get and not the petulant, whinging, childish Pogba.

There is a lot of reported interest in Van der Beek, and it seems to be gaining momentum. What do you guys think about this? If I'm honest I don't really understand why we'd be focusing on another CM right now. We have Fred, Matic, McTominay, Pogba, Bruno, amongst others. Do we really need him? I can only imagine if we do sign him that means we're losing one of the others. I hope he's not a Pogba replacement.

I don't really know much about him but I'm going to assume h'e brilliant! And haven't we been wanting a good defensive midfielder to replace the ageing Matic who can't have too many more years in him? If Pogba did go in the summer I don't think we need to bring in a like for like replacement so much. With VDB we'd have a pretty nicely balanced midfield 3 with Bruno, Mctominay and VDB as first choice. Add Fred, Matic and hopefully Garner in for rotation and bring in a young creative player who can rotate with Bruno a bit and I'd be very happy!

I'm a fan of Van Der Beek really good in midfield and someone is have loved at Liverpool if we weren't so blessed in that area already.

Man I cannot wait. Fully expecting to be crushed as soon as those 90 minutes end, but until then the dream of Brogba being the perfect partnership and king Rashford scoring a hat trick on his return is flying high :wub:

• Upvote 3

Is Pogba going to play? I haven't seen much sign of him on the official YouTube channel's training videos. Did he play in either of the friendlies against West Brom? 

2 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Is Pogba going to play? I haven't seen much sign of him on the official YouTube channel's training videos. Did he play in either of the friendlies against West Brom? 

Yeah he did. Apparently him and Bruno teamed up in the middle when we lost 2-1 :lol: I still have hope!!

On 01/01/2020 at 16:34, Loik V credern said:

As someone who has AFTV as part of his entertainment fixture

You’re in for a treat after tonight.

God I'm worried about the inevitable press backlash against Marcus Rashford. He's young, black, rich, and successful, and now he's embarrassed their right-wing paylords into feeding poor children. This is going to make the campaign of malicious lies against Raheem Sterling look like a love-in. 

Rashford is our new captain. The boy is becoming a man.

29 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

God I'm worried about the inevitable press backlash against Marcus Rashford. He's young, black, rich, and successful, and now he's embarrassed their right-wing paylords into feeding poor children. This is going to make the campaign of malicious lies against Raheem Sterling look like a love-in. 

They may try, but they will fail. Everyone loves him.

7EE53C44-2B9C-4D0C-8232-4A231B91FFEE.jpeg.0ab518cb93abeed4ed1e8c64d8d9a72c.jpeg

• Upvote 1

No-one listens to Katie Hopkins anymore, and she went too early.  The Sun and The Mail will leave it a couple of weeks before the front-page stories about his love life start appearing.  I hope the club looks after him because it's going to be brutal.

Phil Jones is injured for tomorrow night’s game. Oh, what a shame.

• Upvote 1

so, do we reckon pogba and bruno, or, pogba from the bench as he aint played in months?

He has to get some game time, so any interested clubs can see how he’s recovered from his injury.

Only joking. I really hope he’s got over his childish, petulant attitude and comes back fully committed to help push us on. He’s got the rest of the season to convince me he’s right for us. I’m 100% down on him at the moment, so I hope he proves me wrong.

7 minutes ago, JPL said:

I’m 100% down on him at the moment

Who, you?! No way :D

3 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

Who, you?! No way :D

I’m trying!

well, pretty much the team that finished then

Capture.thumb.JPG.0264b5a9b9c9d2b361f5d404010ba459.JPG

Can safely say, I don't think I've looked forward to a 6 mile walk so much, seeing as I'll be finally listening to United on Radio 5 Live, seems like aeons !!

• Upvote 1

That's a strong line-up. I'd even say it's just about full-strength. For a big game like this against a good side, you'd maybe even pick Fred ahead of Pogba, as on this season's performances, Fred has proved himself to be a big-game player. The only other area you'd consider is Dan James or Mason Greenwood, and again, thus is more of a Dan James match. Spurs are likely to have periods of dominance, and he is both very good defensively and gives us a lot on the break. If we need a goal late on, bring Greenwood on.