rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

The Man Utd Thread

This is a lovely period of play from us. Nice possession play, looking to work little openings. We've been unlucky not to add to the score - a couple of things not quite falling to us. 

Why did Martial tackle Pogba there??? 

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised we haven't had some subs yet, if only as its warm as fuck!

Has he scored all three from pretty much inside the six yard box? 

2 minutes ago, spork said:

Has he scored all three from pretty much inside the six yard box? 

Reminiscent of a classic Dirk Kuyt hat trick in its total yardage.

• Upvote 1

I see that my comments after our last match seem to have done the trick.

1 hour ago, Stevie said:

Look at the audience.

n16.thumb.jpg.2a153909e90ad85914649a0a798e51da.jpg

n32.jpg.ca2aec61a8e49dc9a1cc7d56e8f0f8f1.jpg

it looked from a brief closeup like they were individual photos printed out. I wonder if they are photos of the actual season ticket holders that own those seats? That would be amazing if true!

Edit: they are fan photos that were sent in :)

• Upvote 1

Apparently it's a load of pictures of fans sent in from all around the world. 

@dizogg all Kuyt's goals were from inside the six yard box because he couldn't kick the ball six yards. I've genuinely never seen a worse striker of the ball at any level of the game. Every time he went to strike the ball, he seemed to have his feet pointing in the wrong directions, his standing leg would collapse, he would lean back, and he'd kick the ground. It's impressive that he managed to carve out a career (of sorts) as a footballer while lacking the ability to kick the ball. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

@dizogg all Kuyt's goals were from inside the six yard box because he couldn't kick the ball six yards. I've genuinely never seen a worse striker of the ball at any level of the game. Every time he went to strike the ball, he seemed to have his feet pointing in the wrong directions, his standing leg would collapse, he would lean back, and he'd kick the ground. It's impressive that he managed to carve out a career (of sorts) as a footballer while lacking the ability to kick the ball. 

Which is what made it all the sweeter when he scored a hat trick against you lot :lol:

It's okay, I doubt he did it deliberately. I can't really remember it, but I have a vague memory of at least one of them being bundled in without him seeming to have realised what had happened. I might have a look for a video, but I'm worried about what it would do to my YouTube recommendations. Do you get put on some sort of government list if you Google "Durk Kuyt goals?" You'd have to be the worst kind of pervert. 

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

You'd have to be the worst kind of pervert. 

Common, be nice. Liverpool is to win their first title in 30 years, so lets show compassion. They also have the worst logo in the league, clearly designed by perverts on some type of watch list. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Stevie said:

Common, be nice. Liverpool is to win their first title in 30 years, so lets show compassion. They also have the worst logo in the league, clearly designed by perverts on some type of watch list. 

I'm happy for Liverpool FC. After so many years, after so many heartbreaks, after playing so well this season (and last), they deserve it.

However, the fans do not. They are terrible. As soon as Chelsea beat City, I had Liverpool supporting friends gloating @ mentioning me on social media and SMS. Some "Liverpool fans" who haven't watched a game all season coming out the woodwork just to give me grief when the final whistle blew. It's odd. When United win a season, I might mention it AS PART OF A CONVERSATION with a friend - but I'd never purposely go out my way to message Liverpool fans I knew and gloat about winning.

Jeeez. People from Liverpool are nice, until you give their team a Premier League title.

Anyway, I particularly enjoyed these two paragraphs from The Guardian's post-match report on Chelsea vs City:

In the end, perhaps it was strangely fitting that Liverpool’s jubilee should be met with pure silence. Perhaps a moment on this scale deserved a little pause for thought. Time for the sheer disorienting size of the achievement to sink in. Time to reflect on the extreme weirdness of the circumstances in which it was achieved: 200 miles from Anfield, with none of the protagonists present.

Since Kenny Dalglish’s team won Division One in 1990, the roll of honour contains 13 Manchester Uniteds, five Chelseas, four Arsenals, four Manchester Citys, a Leeds, a Blackburn and a Leicester. And now, 2019-20: Liverpool.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

32 minutes ago, BlackHoodedCrow said:

I'm happy for Liverpool FC. After so many years, after so many heartbreaks, after playing so well this season (and last), they deserve it.

However, the fans do not. They are terrible. As soon as Chelsea beat City, I had Liverpool supporting friends gloating @ mentioning me on social media and SMS. Some "Liverpool fans" who haven't watched a game all season coming out the woodwork just to give me grief when the final whistle blew. It's odd. When United win a season, I might mention it AS PART OF A CONVERSATION with a friend - but I'd never purposely go out my way to message Liverpool fans I knew and gloat about winning.

Jeeez. People from Liverpool are nice, until you give their team a Premier League title.

Anyway, I particularly enjoyed these two paragraphs from The Guardian's post-match report on Chelsea vs City:

In the end, perhaps it was strangely fitting that Liverpool’s jubilee should be met with pure silence. Perhaps a moment on this scale deserved a little pause for thought. Time for the sheer disorienting size of the achievement to sink in. Time to reflect on the extreme weirdness of the circumstances in which it was achieved: 200 miles from Anfield, with none of the protagonists present.

Since Kenny Dalglish’s team won Division One in 1990, the roll of honour contains 13 Manchester Uniteds, five Chelseas, four Arsenals, four Manchester Citys, a Leeds, a Blackburn and a Leicester. And now, 2019-20: Liverpool.

Oh do give in, what a nonsense and broad brush statement to make. Imagine thinking United fans are whiter than white and never rub their sucess in rivals faces. Your fans have been just as bad over the last 30 years. United fans are always on our case when we fuck up or you win something. Just becuase you peronsally don't do it (guess what, neither do I) doesn't mean a section of your fans don't, just like ours will. It's tit for tat football rivalry. 

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

2 hours ago, BlackHoodedCrow said:

I'm happy for Liverpool FC.

Eh?

Hadn't realised it was the FA Cup this weekend, we're in with a great shout of ending the season with 2 trophies. Wouldn't be bad.

• Upvote 1

On 24/06/2020 at 19:58, feltmonkey said:

I'm pretty sure he must have been following my Sunday league career, the styles are just too similar to be coincidence.

• Upvote 1

Our living room currently resembles a horder's house as we're having to spray carpets in order to stamp out an invasion of clothes moths, so I can't find the remote control at the moment, never mind see the TV behind the stacks of books.  Because of this, I can't check what channel our FA Cup game is on this afternoon.  Would anyone be so kind as to check for me and let me know, please?  I'm assuming we'll have the books out of the way by kick-off time, of course.

Giving the subs a game, apart from Maguire, Shaw and Fernandes. Let's go!

• Upvote 1

damn it gabzy, you beat me to it lol

I'm gonna put this in anyway, as i actually cant see the image on the tweet

image.thumb.png.31fabdb8b0536730bc79540d576da2ef.png

• Upvote 2

I'm a bit nervous about the line-up.  I understand that getting Champions League qualification is the priority, but we should be looking to win tropheys, and the FA Cup would be a great one to win.  This line-up is going to give Norwich no end of encourangement, although I suppose there's a good chance they will play a reserve side as well, because that's where the FA Cup is these days unfortunately.

Anyway, I've cleared enough space to be able to see the TV, although not enough to sit down.  Looking forward to the distraction from the moth nightmare.

• Upvote 1

It's still a strong tream that should see off Norwich. I have faith.

We've got to mix it up, the fixture list is (by neccessity) absurd. We've got players who've played twice in the last week already. Should they have been rested during one of those games, against rivals for the european places, instead?

That midfield is great anyway. McTominay and Fred have been two of our best players this season, and obviously Fernandes is not a second-string player! It's really funny how we've gone so quickly from having next to no options there to being stacked. Also tbh bringing in Mata and Dalot, you could definitely see those as tactical changes. Bench is hilariously strong too.

• Upvote 1