The Man Utd Thread

jesus fucking christ, that was clear head on head contact, and friend should've stopped that immediately!

And bailey is fucking undroppable right now lol

We are top!  We're probably not going to stay there of course, but it's just nice to be there again.

On the other hand, they say that winning when you don't play well is something you have to do to win the league and we're amazing at that.

Massive 3 points that. If Martial was finding the net I'd almost believe we could win it - if he comes into form who knows.  

Bailly staying fit is crucial as well, he was immense tonight. You could actually see him martialling the defence at times, even giving Maguire a ticking off at one point. 

And Pogba...been a big critic of him this season but he took the game by the scruff of the neck. I wouldn't play him in midfield at Anfield but against the low blocks of the likes of Burnley he's ideal to beat a man, play a cute pass, make that late run or finish spectacularly like tonight. 

Feel like we finally have that possession based approach for these games now to go along with the big game counter attack Fred-Scotty approach for the big games against the top 4. 

11 hours ago, Stevie said:

I'm not going to watch the game because I fear I might jinx it. Instead I'm going to lie in bed and listen to podcasts in the dark and maybe check my phone every 15 minutes. 

I'm not watching the Liverpool game either!

Tim Fosu-Mensah has joined Bayer Leverkusen as the clear out continues. Here's hoping someone takes Jones, Rojo and Romero off our hands. I think Jones might get a game for Chorley.

1 hour ago, ckny said:

Tim Fosu-Mensah has joined Bayer Leverkusen as the clear out continues. Here's hoping someone takes Jones, Rojo and Romero off our hands. I think Jones might get a game for Chorley.

Sounds like there is a good chance that Rojo, Romero and Lingard (on loan) could all be off this month. No one seems to want Jones, probably because of his massive long contract.

I kinda feel bad for Jones. Sir Alex said he could be the greatest ever and now he’s a meme. I think the best thing is for him is to take a pay cut and reboot his career somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Stevie said:

I kinda feel bad for Jones. Sir Alex said he could be the greatest ever and now he’s a meme. I think the best thing is for him is to take a pay cut and reboot his career somewhere else.

The worst part is that he was reportedly recently offered a testimonial but turned it down as he didn't think anyone would turn up. :(

I do wonder what happens to these young, English players whose careers just fizzle out at United. Jones, Lingard, Cleverly, Smalling, Welbeck. There's probably more. Too much too soon? Remember Cleverly's 'lifestyle website' he had made after a handful of appearances? I hope the club are addressing this so the likes of Greenwood and especially Rashford don't go off the boil.

I don't think players see it as we do. Their aim is to be a professional footballer, to Jones he doesn't think of himself as potential unfulfilled because that would be assuming he set his sights on being a Great anyway and players don't. Jones has said he takes no notice of people making fun of him because he's played in big games against top teams and won trophies. Just because Ferguson weirdly said Jones could be United's best ever player doesn't mean Jones took any notice of it. 

I think every player who plays for United cherishes it as the best period of their career, a privilege and honour to represent such a big club. 

Players like Wilshere, Welbeck, Walcott, the media made them out to have the potential to go to the top and I think after injuries and fading away they're just happy to still just play in the premier league, making up the numbers in a bottom of the table side. They saw a lot of their mates not make it. Although Wilshere doesn't have a club. I don't think he's wallowing in what might have been, I think he looks back on Arsenal like; wow I got to play for that club. Same with Ozil wasting the last year. Or Bale. 

36 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Anyone seen the crazy news surrounding VDB jetting off and us getting Erikson? WTF ?!? Surely that can't be right? If it is, that's a right kick in the teeth for VDB :(

It's all nonsense.

41 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Anyone seen the crazy news surrounding VDB jetting off and us getting Erikson? WTF ?!? Surely that can't be right? If it is, that's a right kick in the teeth for VDB :(

What?

Just done a BBC quiz naming the starting XI from the last time we won at Anfield (2016). Actually laughed out loud remembering Fellaini used to play for us :lol: