The Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

90% of the times I watch us it's like the players have no relationship with each other. Like they've all been randomly assigned to play the match. I really don't get it. Is it just me?

1 minute ago, Gabzy said:

90% of the times I watch us it's like the players have no relationship with each other. Like they've all been randomly assigned to play the match. I really don't get it. Is it just me?

No, not only you, I've no idea why I am still watching this instead of playing the Xbox tbh.

Absolute snoozefest of a first half from our side. Brighton been much more threatening.

Cavani must have had more touches in our own box than theirs. And Bruno has still been ubducted by aliens and replaced with a brainless robot.

2 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

If you can work your magic twice in a week...

If only.... we'd need one of them to get send off, and well, it worked in as such as I was rooting for the under dog team, not might, second in the league ( somehow ) Manchester United... it might take a "little" more luck :P But.... I'll be fucking happy if they do turn this shit show around.

Who's coming on / going off anyway? Cavani hasn't really had much of a look in, Rashford is still probably not quite fighting fit, and Bruno looks a bit tired.

Maybe bring Dean into the pivot ( :lol: ), stick David back in goal
and drag donny on the pitch for Fred?

1 minute ago, Gabzy said:

We've been so awful. Just awful. Not even like we have any impact subs on the bench to bring on.

James on for Cavani, Fred to make way for Scott.

Just now, feltmonkey said:

I tell you what, was their defender who took Bruno out with a horrible challenge booked then?

Course not.

That's twice we've scraped lucky wins against Brighton this season. We were lucky not to be more goals down by half time, and I still think they could have had a penalty for Maguire's push on Welbeck. 

Good fight shown in the second half again though. 

Edit - that Greenwood goal was really reminiscent of Cavani. Perhaps he's learning from him.

I think we need to admit to ourselves that the player in our squad in the best form by far is Jesse Lingard.  He was brilliant against Wolves - one fantastic goal, a brilliant assist, and was involved in the third with a lovely bit of skill.  

Quite a few players have improved dramatically since leaving us. Apart from Lingard, Lukaku, Depay, Di Maria, and Sanchez spring to mind. Are they getting better coaching? Clearer match instructions?  Is there a difficult atmosphere at the club which is hampering performances? Or is it just a change of scene, the chance to start games, and a feeling of being needed?

I wonder if getting Lingard back will be painted as a big signing for us. With our transfer team, we'll probably end up paying West Ham £45m for him.

Lingard has always been a good player, he just had a lot of shit going on, I guess getting out of OT for a while, getting some ( a lot of ) game time and being in a squad where you're not expected to be fantastic every second of every game by the fans, has probably helped him quite a bit, turned up there with the expectations of being helpful and has smashed that and been instrumental to them leading a top 4 charge.

I'd absolutely love it if the top 4 were City ( well, ok, I won't love these twats being in there, but it's a given seeing as they are so far ahead ) United, Leicester and West Ham come the end of the season, would put so many of the traditional hangers on's noses out of joint :lol:

I was hoping West Ham would get relegated the last couple of seasons as a up yours to the owners. Now im dreaming they make CL because of Lingard! Would be amazing if they did it. We all like a good story.