The Man Utd Thread

Lingard has always been a good player, he just had a lot of shit going on, I guess getting out of OT for a while, getting some ( a lot of ) game time and being in a squad where you're not expected to be fantastic every second of every game by the fans, has probably helped him quite a bit, turned up there with the expectations of being helpful and has smashed that and been instrumental to them leading a top 4 charge.

I'd absolutely love it if the top 4 were City ( well, ok, I won't love these twats being in there, but it's a given seeing as they are so far ahead ) United, Leicester and West Ham come the end of the season, would put so many of the traditional hangers on's noses out of joint :lol:

I was hoping West Ham would get relegated the last couple of seasons as a up yours to the owners. Now im dreaming they make CL because of Lingard! Would be amazing if they did it. We all like a good story.

It is good to see Lingard doing well, but, you gotta wonder, if west ham had asked for a buy option, we probably would have said £15-£20 mil, but now, its looking like it would have to be double that lol

4 hours ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Ditto de Gea and Varane if they can twist the right arms.

c'mon, Real have Courtois!? they aint siging De Gea. PSG maybe, or one of the Italian clubs.

I think it's great how well Lingard is playing. It's not that long ago that he was the butt of a lot of jokes on social media - sarcastic "Lingardinho" bullshit and the like. He's sticking it to the haters.

8 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

I think we need to admit to ourselves that the player in our squad in the best form by far is Jesse Lingard.  He was brilliant against Wolves - one fantastic goal, a brilliant assist, and was involved in the third with a lovely bit of skill.  

Quite a few players have improved dramatically since leaving us. Apart from Lingard, Lukaku, Depay, Di Maria, and Sanchez spring to mind. Are they getting better coaching? Clearer match instructions?  Is there a difficult atmosphere at the club which is hampering performances? Or is it just a change of scene, the chance to start games, and a feeling of being needed?

I wonder if getting Lingard back will be painted as a big signing for us. With our transfer team, we'll probably end up paying West Ham £45m for him.

Lukaku was always decent for us, just didn’t work in the system Ole wants us to play. Memphis was shite, I’ll give you that. He plays for a much smaller club now, maybe that suits him? Di Maria was great then went off the boil after his house got burgled, Sanchez is still shit, not sure why you’ve included him - didn’t Inter want to offload him in January?

Anyway, I’m delighted for Jesse and hope he moves there in the summer. I can’t see it working out for him at Utd. Maybe he’s enjoying being the big fish like Memphis? 

1 hour ago, 5R7 said:

It is good to see Lingard doing well, but, you gotta wonder, if west ham had asked for a buy option, we probably would have said £15-£20 mil, but now, its looking like it would have to be double that lol

c'mon, Real have Courtois!? they aint siging De Gea. PSG maybe, or one of the Italian clubs.

They do, but they don't rate him so you never know. What with the wages Dave's on a part-ex might well be the best way to move him out.

Lingard? 25-30 as a makeweight I reckon. Can see Rice being the target but if I had my way I'd wait to see if Leicester lose Maddison or Barnes, then try to tempt them with Lingard and cash for Ndidi. Would be worth fifteen points on his own.

Mind you, who knows what the market will be like what with the pandemic?

10 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

I want to see this Elanga chap play, soudns interesting for sure.

He's always been quick in reserve football. Finally got a bit smarter this past year too.

In other news:

https://theathletic.com/2505317/2021/04/08/manchester-united-set-to-explore-signing-declan-rice-as-part-of-any-west-ham-deal-for-lingard/

Reckon 20-25m valuation of Lingard.

39 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

De gea is now the europa keeper!

image.thumb.png.c952453f449e452174a763f3ef657588.png

To be fair, he's stuck out possibly our best 11 to start, so do you think he is now favouring the Europa over the League, hence stick Henderson in the sticks for the P/L and De Gea there for the more important Europa games?

14 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

To be fair, he's stuck out possibly our best 11 to start, so do you think he is now favouring the Europa over the League, hence stick Henderson in the sticks for the P/L and De Gea there for the more important Europa games?

There’s no chance of us winning the league and as long as we don’t collapse, we’re guaranteed a top 4 finish. Europa is our only chance at a trophy now, isn’t it?

4 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

wtf was that bullshit yellow card for pogba!?

Christ the streams are shit today...

Mine is in Spanish, absolutely can't wait for them to shout "GOOOOAAAALLLLLL" in the madness fashion that they do :)

2 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

That streaker was hilarious. The comic timing of the camera following the match, panning across, and suddenly there's naked Jesus jogging across the pitch. :lol:

Missed that, having to listen / glance at the screene whilst sniping eBay auctions and checking out a mini festival for July time :omg:

18 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Mine is in Spanish, absolutely can't wait for them to shout "GOOOOAAAALLLLLL" in the madness fashion that they do :)

Missed that, having to listen / glance at the screene whilst sniping eBay auctions and checking out a mini festival for July time :omg:

well, did they?

I do love that Lindelof has that in his locker.

Great touch and finish from Rashford too. Imagine how good he'd be not carrying his niggling injuries.