The Man Utd Thread

I hope it’s not too late to be accepted by FC United of Manchester. They knew what was coming since day one and wanted nothing to do with it. I’ve always respected them and hoped they’d get that dream FA Cup tie. That might be another dead dream today.

Liverpool fans have it slightly better. They can support Everton now. 

1 hour ago, DC Lemon said:

I hope it’s not too late to be accepted by FC United of Manchester. They knew what was coming since day one and wanted nothing to do with it. I’ve always respected them and hoped they’d get that dream FA Cup tie. That might be another dead dream today.

Liverpool fans have it slightly better. They can support Everton now. 

Salford City I might be our new home :o

47 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

I don't know what to do. I feel distressed. I've supported United (pretty fanatically) for 35 years. Genuinely, some of the best moments of my life have been watching this team, stuff like the 1990 FA Cup final, or Ole poking home the winner in the 1999 Champions League final, or Giggs scoring that amazing goal against Arsenal. I can't switch to another team, United are too tied up in my past. They're pretty much part of my identity now. Like, a few years ago I was sedated for an operation, and while I was out of it, I rambled incoherently about Man Utd the entire time. I have no memory of this of course, but my wife tells me I spoke about nothing else. I find that a bit weird and embarrassing, to be honest. Stopping supporting them now would feel like leaving my family or something.

But this is too much. Football is bigger and more important than United. What they have done harms football massively. It renders the league largely pointless, and removes the element of competition. It could signal the death of international football and the FA Cup. It royally fucks fans of the likes of Leicester and West Ham, who for all they have achieved this season could find themselves excluded from the top table as the greedy bastards who run the "top six" clubs grab everything they can and fuck everyone else.  Christ knows they already have enough to hate us for, and now we've actually ruined the sport for them.  All in the name of hoovering money from markets thousands of miles away, with no care for the likes of us, the fans.

I can't support them. I can't not support them. I certainly can't switch to another team. I don't know what to do.

This is beautiful and, even as a fan of the other lot down the M62, I am right there with you. Reading the piece in The Athletic posted in the main thread (about the mini American group with the big six) and I feel genuinely hurt by how involved Liverpool has been in this whole sorry mess, not just now, but also the big picture stuff before it.

As a fan, it's almost normal to not exactly love the owners of a club, but my god I would never have thought they'd stoop so low.

It's a genuinely sad day.

I walked away from United in 2005 after being home and away most of my life, and they haven't had a penny since in any form. I'll never not support the team, but the club can do one under this occupation.

As for this Super League, it's hard not to sneer at everyone who continued to hand coin over after 2005. This is what they've put money down for. Warned back then, warned when that 39th game nonsense reared its head.... You've one vote, and it's your wallet. Daytrippers won't stick it out in the long-term, and 650 million social media followers isn't so impressive when the bulk of them watch dodgy streams and buy snide shirts.

Really, really hoping the Premier League and UEFA come down really hard on them. Watch them crawl back then.

EDIT: I see they've wheeled out that Bellend Drasdo from MUST. Sweet Jesus this'll be a long day.

Not sure why you happy unless it means Glazers are gone because Woodward was just their puppet. They will just replace him with a new one and I bet the Glazers are going to make him take the fall for this. Nothing will change unless the Glazers themselves are gone. 

Just now, Shevchenko said:

Not sure why you happy unless it means Glazers are gone because Woodward was just their puppet. They will just replace him with a new one and I bet the Glazers are going to make him take the fall for this. Nothing will change unless the Glazers themselves are gone. 

50% to go!!

Just now, Shevchenko said:

Let me enjoy a fucking moment of joy in this absolute shit show.

3 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

50% to go!!

They just going to hire another yes man and it will be back to 100%. Maybe Ed wanted to quit the super league and they weren’t having any of it. Maybe he was the hero that you didn’t see.