The Man Utd Thread

Where has this 'entitlement' word come from? It's proper annoying!

Anyway, I've already said I'll be over the moon if we win the league and has Bowser pointed out, the way we've responded to defeat this season has been exemplary and a lot more positive than I thought we would.

I'm just concerned we've battled so hard to keep up with City it's left us lacking in every other competition. Well, that and a mix of some bad team selection and complacent play.

I still think we need to strengthen in some key areas for next season so we can really try and be dominant on more fronts.

I'm going to try and be less negative in here as well, because all it does is wind people up. Besides, I do love United, but I suppose it's because of that I get so passionate about things and spout shit in haste.

Considering we've scored more, won more and lost less than the most exciting, greatest team to ever play Premier League football I don't think we've done too bad. We're also on course for a record points total for United and maybe even a record league total. In 2012 we've beaten every other "top" domestic side, often away, and drew with Chelsea. What the manager always says is that defeat is unimportant it's the response after the loss that is important. We've taken massive body bows this year with demoralising, heavy defeats yet always bounced back remarkably. What's the best United team we've all seen live? The 99 treble winners, the mid 90s Cantona/Keane/Ince/Schmeichel, the 2008 team with Ronaldo, Vidic-Rio in their prime, Rooney emerging? All those teams have had similar bad results, poor games and performances. In 98/99 we played 8 times in December winning once, drawing 5 times and losing the other 2. One can only imagine the knee jerk from some after that if it happened this season.

The fucking point is, I don't want to watch my team not being able to pass, constantly giving away possession and only managing to pick up one scrappy goal, I don't give a fuck if we lose and they play good football. I hate watching them barely win something by the skin of their teeth just by fluke.

Give me some passionate amazing football.

I would much rather watch Swansea play then United.

Erm, to the rest of you being harsh on Jon and Chris - You do realise you're the most valuable sports franchise on the planet, right? Not just Premiership team or football team, most valuable of any sport anywhere. Expecting to challenge the top teams in Europe and having a few superstars on your books is hardly having ideas well above your station as an organisation!

I would much rather watch Swansea play then United.

I'll be honest, I'd rather you watched Swansea than United. Might not post in here as often then!

Erm, to the rest of you being harsh on Jon and Chris - You do realise you're the most valuable sports franchise on the planet, right? Not just Premiership team or football team, most valuable of any sport anywhere. Expecting to challenge the top teams in Europe and having a few superstars on your books is hardly having ideas well above your station as an organisation!

Not sure what the value of the club as do with anything. We're also saddled with an insane amount of debt and there's tens of millions leaving the club every year to service that debt. So being the most valuable doesn't really mean squat.

Look at our record over the last 5 years where we have competed at the top level in Europe so it's not all bad. This is the first season where we've been poor in the Champions League for a long time! It'll be a harsh lesson for a few players for sure but will do them good in the future I think. The fact is we're still fighting strong on the domestic front which is our bread and butter and that is very much pleasing for me and I'm more than happy with that.

We've got our fair share of world class players and we've got some very good young players who will no doubt become stars in their own right. I'm not buying into Jon and Chris' negativity as I think it's misplaced.

We've got our fair share of world class players and we've got some very good young players who will no doubt become stars in their own right. I'm not buying into Jon and Chris' negativity as I think it's misplaced.

Hmmm, I say I'm going to try and be more positive around here, yet I'm still getting grief. Give a brother a break, eh Trigg?

Anyway, I'm hoping that Chelsea can manage to get at least te draw tonight. It'll give us great impetus to be 3 points clear of City to finish off the league in good style. I can imagine, the way things are going, that even if it comes down to our match against City we'll hopefully had a better goal difference.

I still stand by my thoughts that we need to get a couple of players in during the closed season though, to make sure we're capable of putting together a decent European campaign next season as well as keeping City at bay.

Hahaaaaa, hit a nerve did I? Oh how I love this thread :D

Not at all, whatever gave you that impression? I just don't like you.

Sorry Jon for singling you out, I'm just a bit fed up of the negativity really. I was just trying to give a clearer picture of how it is and how even if things don't go our this season (which they haven't in europe) doesn't make us shit.

Sorry Jon for singling you out, I'm just a bit fed up of the negativity really. I was just trying to give a clearer picture of how it is and how even if things don't go our this season (which they haven't in europe) doesn't make us shit.

Well we're not shit in the grand scheme of things, but we're definitely shutter than we've been, especially in everything bar the league, which is why I guess it frustrates me do much.

Like I said though I don't want to wind people up, so I'll bite my lip in future and try and look at the positives. I might start to enjoy watching us play a bit more as well.

It doesn't matter what I say anymore because none of you will listen.

Pacman, I'm Jewish.

You can't even be arsed being consistent with your wumming any more dude, it's boring.

You moan about misplaced passes (bullshit given we're in the top 3 for successful passes in the league) and slam Carrick who is pretty much the only English player around who can control and pass like continental sides and players do.

You moan about the style of play days after Valencia scores the archetypal, ultimate United of the Ferguson decade goal. Where has the celebration of that goal been? The team plays with two strikers and two wingers, basically the exact same way every United team under Ferguson plays in the league.

The stats don't match up with your nonsense either. Of the 22 league wins, 14 have come by at least 2 clear goals. If we only scrape wins how come we've scored more goals than City? Did I imagine the Chelsea game which featured the mist aggressive and attack minded football you'll see.

This season is not really that different to many before. I guess I imagined the year we got destroyed 4 nil by Barca away, the years of continuously and convincingly beaten by Juventus, losing 5-3 on aggregate to Milan. I guess getting knocked out by Southend, Coventry and York didn't happen, or that we scraped past Exeter and Crawley. We've never been beaten by rivals in the early stages of the FA Cup either have we, defeats against lower league Leeds and Arsenal never happened, the defeat on replay to Barnsley never occurred.

I've made up every single one of those results, haven't I Jon?

This season is not really that different to many before. I guess I imagined the year we got destroyed 4 nil by Barca away, the years of continuously and convincingly beaten by Juventus, losing 5-3 on aggregate to Milan. I guess getting knocked out by Southend, Coventry and York didn't happen, or that we scraped past Exeter and Crawley. We've never been beaten by rivals in the early stages of the FA Cup either have we, defeats against lower league Leeds and Arsenal never happened, the defeat on replay to Barnsley never occurred.

I've made up every single one of those results, haven't I Jon?

Why would I think you've made it all up?

Anyway, the only stat you need to know is that this is the first time in 10 years we haven't been in a cup final. What you say above is obviously true, but that's been spread out over various seasons and different cups. The problem we've had this season is that we've been knocked out of every cup in pretty embarrassing fashion.

Anyway, why the fuck are you all still arguing with me? I'm supposed to be on a new, positive regime, but this isn't helping.

All the more reason for me to keep posting.

If the reason you post in here is to in some way try to wind me then all I can do is apologise to everyone else who as to read your constant drivel.

Well we're not shit in the grand scheme of things, but we're definitely shutter than we've been, especially in everything bar the league, which is why I guess it frustrates me do much.

Like I said though I don't want to wind people up, so I'll bite my lip in future and try and look at the positives. I might start to enjoy watching us play a bit more as well.

We've had disappointing times in the cup competitions but that happens from time to time. We're not going to fight on all fronts, all the time and I think some people don't understand that. Thats where entitlement comments come from too by the way. Just because we've done in that in the past it doesn't mean we will in the future although I suspect Fergie is trying to build yet another team before he finally retires. That's exciting right?

I'm not saying don't get frustrated or anything because god knows I do quite a lot. But I never really post straight after a game because emotions are running high and I tend to say stupid things which are overly negative or positive. Football does that to you.

Getting beaten away at Liverpool is embarrassing? In a game we dominated and lost late due to an individual error? That was probably the best Anfield performance for ten years, which admittedly isn't saying much but it was in no way embarrassing. Painful, annoying, a bag of wank result yes, doubly as we would have smashed them at home in the replay, but it's not what you said.

Also: it's totally unheard of for us to play a shit, unbalanced team in the league cup with a mixture of sub par players who haven't played all season?

Here's a stat: on course for a record points total in the league.

What you say above is obviously true, but that's been spread out over various seasons and different cups.

Really? These seasons all look quite similar to this year:

2007/08

Beaten at home by lower league Coventry in league cup, beaten in the Cup at home by Pompey.

2006/07

Beaten by Southend in the league, beaten by a rival Chelsea away in the FA, smashed by Milan

2002/03

Beaten away by Liverpool (embarrassingly, apparently) in the League Cup, at home by Arse in the FA, destroyed by Real Madrid

2001/02

Destroyed by Arsenal at home in the FA, beaten away at Boro in the league, knocked out of Europe by a "lesser" side

1996/97

Early exits to Wimbledon and Leicester, knocked out of Europe by a "lesser" side

1995/96

Out of Europe to Rotor Volgrad, beaten by York

1992/93

Out of Europe to Torpedo Moscow, beaten by Sheff Utd in the FA, out early to Villa in the League

Yeah, like I said, various cups over various years. You've just reinforced my point. We haven't been put out of all cups in a single season for 10 years.

Anyway, we're not really getting anywhere. You surely know why I think we're below par at the moment and what I feel needs to be done to make us better next season.

Carrick who is pretty much the only English player around who can control and pass like continental sides and players do.

Just shut the fuck up, now...

If the reason you post in here is to in some way try to wind me then all I can do is apologise to everyone else who as to read your constant drivel.

No, here's the thing. It's not... It's not drivel.

You just fail to see my OPINION and my POINT OF VIEW. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's shit or drivel, because I am mostly talking sense here... You and bowser on the other hand... Oh dear.

OH DEAR. Just take a look at my first quote and maybe you will understand.

There is a reason you are singled out by 99% of this thread.

Just shut the fuck up...

Because they are all deluded fucks who care about their fucked up team too much to take any kind of criticism.

Lighten the fuck up and think about something else. It's just a football club. Fuck me.

I think the point is more that you have become so incredibly boring and repetitive with your crap.

People obviously don;t like it and haven't for a long time yet you carry on and then say things like

All the more reason for me to keep posting.

I mean seriously..

Watching the press conference clip of SAF responding to a question regarding Vieira's comment that it was 'desperation' to bring Scholsey back is great. You can see the mischievous glint in is eye. Vieira the novice trying to take on the master of 'mind games'? "You're my wife now".

You moan about misplaced passes (bullshit given we're in the top 3 for successful passes in the league) and slam Carrick who is pretty much the only English player around who can control and pass like continental sides and players do.

Do you know these two guys? Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes? Heard of them?

Congratulations on ignoring the whole point and context of the statement to score cheap points. Seeing as it's taken a second reply in the wee hours, 2 days after the post and your first reply I'm definitely sticking with the opinion that your wumming is tired and old. Loved the original reply that totally ignores what was said, that's so unlike you.

In the case of Rooney you're mistaking technical accomplishment with the passing and game controlling qualities I'm so obviously on about. Those games with Rooney in central midfield where dreadful, and funnily enough, featured the worst football of the season. Not because Rooney is a bad midfielder but because him dropping so deep totally nullified the threat he poses and as a result impacted heavily on the whole team. He was thoroughly ineffective playing there and very much flattered to deceive. Floaty cross field passes looked nice but achieved very, very little. Often he hit this pass and often it was the wrong choice. He didn't control or dictate the pace, he just looked totally wasted standing 60 yards from goal.

It wasn't coincidental that him moving forward and Carrick being reintroduced to the league resulted in better performances and more importantly wins. Like that game we controlled where we never looked like conceding away to your favourite team, Swansea.