IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Okay, so that's Lyon, Ajax and Celta Vigo through. I thought Lyon, Besitkas and Schalke were the most dangerous teams left in the draw... think we just have to hope not to draw Lyon really. Ajax apparently scored two goals in extra time, while a man down, though.

I think Ibra's injury could either be something relatively minor or, at his age, a career ender. Lot of people comparing it to Zouma's injury last year, a much younger man who was out for the best part of a year as a result.

16 hours ago, tbb said:

Guys, it's easier to just ignore him. His parents obviously did.

How did you become a moderator? :lol:

13 hours ago, _Pow_ said:

lolz Ibrahimobitch

Quality!

That Rashford and Pogba link up (almost) goal has been popping up today a fair amount. Shame that didn't go in. Brilliant stuff.

celta vigo then eh...not gonna lie, dont know much about them. looks like they are middleing in la liga at the mo.

lets be honest though. we "should" be able to beat any of the teams left...as long as, ya know, we can find the fucking net!

Disappointed with that, as I'm going to t'Turf on Sunday and was hoping to see Zlatan on the pitch.  I mean, Zlatan might be an arse, and he is playing for the opposition, but you would be no football fan if you said you didn't want to actually see him play in the flesh.

Also, I wondered if his and Joses egos could fit in the away dressing room.

I think with how well he takes care of himself, he might be better placed to come back from a serious injury than most players . His career trajectory has been unusual, to say the least, with him aging like a fine wine; he's actually scored more goals (in far fewer games) after turning 30 than he did in his twenties and teens put together. On the off chance that he continues in this improbable vein, despite this major setback, I think the best thing would be for the club to sign him on a pay-as-you-play deal. If not, at least he can probably prove his fitness enough to get some lucrative move to China or whatever. I really doubt he's out of the game for good.

Hope we can go on and win the Europa League, would be a tremendous shame if what could easily be his last season at the top levels of football ends like that, and with nothing to show for it.

ROONEY :omg:

6 minutes ago, Baring said:

I know it might be a touch soft but if that tackle(barge) on Rooney was middle of the park it's a free kick. Barton got zero of the ball and bundled him over.

We're not allowed to have penalties, it upsets the southern softie press and supporters.