IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

dont need to waste £30 mil on trippier, dalot has been good since coming on! hes much better going forward than AWB, but AWB is FAR better defensively !

and as i write this, dalot scores lol

Went to the game yesterday with the kids, their first time going to OT. Told the wife the night before I wanted it to be a really special day; I remember every detail of my first match experience as a 10 year old seeing us play Inter in a preseason friendly and it’s one of my favourite memories.

Well it was certainly a day we’ll never forget. The roadworks around OT are unbelievable, took us forever to get there making us late and the kids crying in the back seat - and could we find parking, could we fuck. Ended up abandoning the car on the pavement on Wharfside Way and we made it in to the stadium with 40 minutes played. Got to our seats and a group of lads had taken them, so spent 5 minutes arguing with them and a steward before they finally agreed to move.

Wasn’t exactly the day I had planned 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, ckny said:

Went to the game yesterday with the kids, their first time going to OT. Told the wife the night before I wanted it to be a really special day; I remember every detail of my first match experience as a 10 year old seeing us play Inter in a preseason friendly and it’s one of my favourite memories.

Well it was certainly a day we’ll never forget. The roadworks around OT are unbelievable, took us forever to get there making us late and the kids crying in the back seat - and could we find parking, could we fuck. Ended up abandoning the car on the pavement on Wharfside Way and we made it in to the stadium with 40 minutes played. Got to our seats and a group of lads had taken them, so spent 5 minutes arguing with them and a steward before they finally agreed to move.

Wasn’t exactly the day I had planned 🤦‍♂️

That’s a shame, just tell your kids pre-season games don’t count so their first OT experience will be next time you take them 😬

3 hours ago, ckny said:

Sooo, season starts at the weekend and all transfer talk has been very quiet for a long time. Is that it?

Sounds like any further players in depends on selling first but no one is really spending much at the moment.

Seems like Cavani is back in the UK and brought his family with him.

Must have been incredibly hard being seperated so long last season!

He also has 3 dogs! Which can only mean he'll score 30 league goals!

17 hours ago, ckny said:

Sooo, season starts at the weekend and all transfer talk has been very quiet for a long time. Is that it?

I think Ole hinted that we're not bringing anyone else in this season during a press conference last week, didn't he?  I think we desperately needed to strengthen the midfield, personally. 

Anyway, here's a bit of Cavani erotica to get everyone excited for the new season.

https://twitter.com/ECavaniOfficial/status/1423613710908764162?s=19

Any midfielder was always going to be dependent on Pogba leaving, so that will be next summer.

Shame we couldn't have sorted out Trippier at least but I suspect that would have similarly required moving on others in the squad like Lingard to free up funds. If Dalot's staying then he at least provides a better option against low blocks than AWB. 

1 hour ago, Marlowe said:

If Dalot's staying then he at least provides a better option against low blocks than AWB. 

If he's picked to do so. One of the big plus points with Trippier is his seniority making such a choice uncontroversial. Won't be quite the same with Dalot.

well its game day, again. Not gonna lie, not feeling too confident, as well, the actual first team have hardly had a pre season!...again... :unsure:

ill be glad next season, an actual summer off, a proper pre season, then the middle of the season fucked up by the world cup lol

7 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

well its game day, again. Not gonna lie, not feeling too confident, as well, the actual first team have hardly had a pre season!...again... :unsure:

ill be glad next season, an actual summer off, a proper pre season, then the middle of the season fucked up by the world cup lol

Yeah, I’m not confident at all. No Varane, no Cavani, no Rashford. Combine that with the lack of preseason, as you say, and it doesn’t feel like it’s going to be the best start to the campaign. Leeds will be well up for it as well.

Hardly lacking a pre-season. OK Preston was called off and some have come back late, but most have got their legs.

Should be a good game. Just man-to-man all over the pitch like last season, and back yourself on quality winning out. It's a risky way to play, and I can't think of a game less likely to speak of United's season ahead than Leeds. Shan't read anything into today's result, just want to see total commitment. UTFR.

• Xevious changed the title to The old Man Utd Thread
  • Xevious locked this topic