IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

The Berbatov transfer isn't going to happen is it :D

Nope its not, the club dont have a pot to piss in what with having to service the interest payments on the debt arising from the Glazer takeover combined with the global clampdown on credit.

Shades of 99, win the Champions League then sit back, failing to strengthen again....

Never mind tho, Saha will be back in two weeks and it will just be like "like signing an new player" - "no doubt about that"

I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't sign a top striker before the window closes. At the moment I just don't feel our squad is as strong as Chelsea's. There was virtually nothing between the two clubs last season in the Premiership and in the Champions League, yet they've strengthened their squad severely, whereas we haven't. Bad move Fergie...

I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't sign a top striker before the window closes. At the moment I just don't feel our squad is as strong as Chelsea's. There was virtually nothing between the two clubs last season in the Premiership and in the Champions League, yet they've strengthened their squad severely, whereas we haven't. Bad move Fergie...

Do you think its down to him being too single minded in who he wants that's led to problems? I mean, this Berbatov thing can now be measured in years - surely most managers would have accepted that they couldn't afford him and looked for alternatives by now.

Sure, if that is the case. But can't we afford him? I find that hard to believe. I'm not sure what the problem is, it's all very hush hush. Surely if it was just a question of him being out of our price range he would have quickly found an alternative, as you say. I don't know, all this lack of information is bugging me.

Just reading my post on the last page - just wanted to reiterate that I wasn't being malicious at all, just having a bit of banter. Fergie's comments on the matter were well put, very gracious and respectful to us and Silvestre.

I'm just glad the new season has started, this summer was murder :D

Stress not Wiener, this is an aggravation-free thread :D

I'm also very happy football's back. Summers are killers. Is it wrong that I actually found myself watching Chelsea's game with a dab of excitement? Damn you Scolari you wonderful man, damn you.

My best mate and I actually had some solidarity this summer over the fact that both our clubs kept our best players in the face of attention from the arrogant euro-clubs.

Even though we both hate those players now :D

Don't disocunt Berbatov coming yet. Theres still a week left for the transfer window to close and anything can happen.

I'm very surprised to hear people think we can't afford him, its one thing not wanting to pay £30M and not being able to afford the fee. Manchester United will have a valuation for the player and wont want to go above the figure. Spurs are just trying to get the most money they can get. Its about trying to find the best for both parties.

Gabzy; I'm surprised your worried about the team at present. We beat them to the two major trophies last year with this current squad. Ok, Pique left but Jonny Evans as replaced him in the first team. Nothing too much between those two players there. Then SIlvestre as moved on, but he's been injured for the best part of 2 seasons and we have the Da Silva twins who look like they might be ready to take some part in first team football so we shouldn't miss him too much. Plus, Manucho as got his work permit so thats an extra body in the striking department. I know he's an unknown enity but if might be useful and is different to what we have. Also added Frazier Campbell to the mix as well, someone who looks like he might be able to cut it in the top flight.

Then you have the likes of Nani and Anderson who are a year older and have more experience which should only be a benefit to them.

I'm suggeesting we don't need Berbatov as he's a quality footballer and would only add to an already excellent squad. I do hope he signs infact, but if the deal can't go through for what ever reason I'm sure we'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season when they hand out the trophies.

Personally I'm very happy with the squad at this moment in time, and am confident it can repeat last years sucess. WIth or without Berbatov.

Hope we do get him though! :P

Heh, Evra was pretty tasty tonight.

Phew, am glad we got those 3 points though.

I would have expected a draw at Fratton, so now the single point at home to Newcastle doesn't seem too bad.

Tough weeks coming up though, I just hope the Berbatov deal goes through so we have someone to finish off some of our moves. :(

Chelsea destroying Portsmouth last week seems to have been quite handy in the long run.

Don't really know how you worked that one out...

You beat Portsmouth 1-0 with a scrappy goal, after they were softened up and humiliated by Chelsea, WOOPEE SHIT DOO. You must have a high opinion of Utd!

Jesus. Civilised chat not your sort of thing then?

We beat Portsmouth with one scrappy goal and one piece of brilliance goal. The latter was wrongly ruled off-side. I believe Portsmouth were low on confidence and that is perhaps a factor in them failing to find an equaliser despite haveing sixty odd minutes to do so. Portsmouth have a history of scoring against United at home. My opinion of Manchester United is high.

Good day.

Tough weeks coming up though, I just hope the Berbatov deal goes through so we have someone to finish off some of our moves. :(

TBH as of now you're welcome to him. Any player that's a twat enough to go on strike because the team he plays for won't sell him deserves to die in a fire. Just wait until next July though when Ronaldo's been pouring honey into his ear about Real for a season.