IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Pathetic, again. What the fuck is wrong with Vidic, he loses the plot in big games time and time again. And what does Carrick bring to our game? I could do what he does. Receive ball, play behind or square. He's a shadow of the player he was in his first two seasons with us. We're still in a strong position but it's infuriating losing to Liverpool. Same old shit.

Do you not get the feeling that he's carrying out orders? Ferguson was just sat there watching like Darth Vader or something.

Liverpool did really well to block off our usual forms of attack, you barely saw Evra get down the wing like usual and there was nothing getting through the middle. On top of that, there was constantly two men closing down our ball, meaning we never got any space or a chance to pass the game. All credit to Liverpool, they were more up for it, had the tactics right and orchestrated it well.

Feel disappointed that Carragher wasn't shown red for his foul on Owen towards the end and I thought there were a few other poor decisions from the ref, but we can't really complain about those not going our way when we never looked like having the desire to win it.

I must say, I don't understand the level of some of the complaints here. You did actually play very well for much of the game.

We did ok for a fair amount of the game but until Valencia hit the bar we never looked like scoring. No creativity and the centre of midfield continues to be a hugely troubling area. I said I thought we picked the right midfield before the game but maybe we should have just gone 4-5-1 and played Anderson because Scholes and Carrick together never gives us any bite or drive.

I must say, I don't understand the level of some of the complaints here. You did actually play very well for much of the game.

We haven't played well all season. Although I suppose looking at it from a Scouser's perspective, it looks a little different.

We haven't played well all season. Although I suppose looking at it from a Scouser's perspective, it looks a little different.

I don't pay detailed attention your (or any other teams) match performance unless playing us, so I'll take your word for it. I think you gave it a good go for a good while, but didn't have the last 3rd performance. But then we spend large periods of time wasting chances too. We do seem to be your bogey team, but it makes a change from it being the other way :coffee:

I think you'll be higher in the league then us by the end though if thats any comfort

We did ok for a fair amount of the game but until Valencia hit the bar we never looked like scoring. No creativity and the centre of midfield continues to be a hugely troubling area.

I thought we did OK until their goal, Scholes especially. He wasn't creating but was composed, tackling and intercepting well. Ferdinand fucks up/ gets ripped for the opener and the midfield totally, totally vanished. They weren't tackling back, they sure as hell weren't creating, it was like they'd all gone home when the first went in. The sheer number of aimless, hopeful hoofs in the last 15 was pretty disgraceful really.

Thought Valencia did reasonably well though I don't get why he seems to never ever try and beat that last guy... it's like he thinks he' still at Wigan and playing the percentages by passing sideways or crossing from further out. Giggs easily had his worst game and Carrick, well fuck knows what's happened to him. Nani was a bit of a shambles when he came on too.

Liverpool did really well to block off our usual forms of attack, you barely saw Evra get down the wing like usual and there was nothing getting through the middle.

Evra might as well have been taken off after his harsh early yellow.

Anyhoo, fair result. Liverpool's players had everything to play for today, now ours will against Chelsea. At the same time no one should be called into the FA for suggesting that the ref was out of his depth in his first 'Big Four' clash.

I'm certainly not surprised by today's result. Indeed, my insurance bet winnings have paid for my New Super Mario Bros. Wii pre-order. I could get used to losing.

Terrible performance today. I knew as soon as I saw the centre midfield partnership Utd would be in trouble. Dont know what has happened Carrick but he is terrible in there at the minute. Utd need Anderson but preferably Fletcher in there to generate a bit of drive and to be able to carry the ball forward from midfield. They get stuck in much better than Carrick and Scholes who seem to prefer to stand off the opposition and drop really deep and form a screen in front of the defenders.

It doesnt excuse the poor effort today from Utd but the ref was horrendous today. Why Berba got booked I hav no idea and how Carragher didnt get sent off is beyond me. Especially since Fergie has paid off all the ref's, tortures them and owns the FA.

On the performances today there is no doubt Liverpool deserved to win. Im just annoyed that Utd's was so sub par. Dont mind if they play well and get beat but the toothless performance today makes it much harder to take.

Also, someone shoot Nani please.

It was merely a matter of who wanted it more today, they had much more at stake and so gave it their all

we we also missing little bit of an engine in the middle, we missed fletcher but I thought that anderson might have been able to bring something to the game later on

the ref also played his part, totally inconsistent with the yellow cards

What a weird game. I thought Liverpool would win, but I honestly didn't think United would let them walk away with it like that. There was no urgency, no desire, no passion. I don't think anyone played particularly well and bringing on Nani and Owen towards the end almost made it seem like Fergie wanted to give Benitez a break too. Practically every decision went their way and Carragher not getting sent off was ridiculous.

I just wish we'd start playing well. Fuck knows how we're in the position we're in after some of the performances this season.

How could the infalible Sir Alex make a bad sub!!?? :)

Practically every decision went their way!!?? AAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA What the fuck were you watching!? The ref came out in the second half like Fergie had his wife and kids hostage in the dressing room!

Yeah, and last season, and the season before...

Tricky first half that. Liverpool had the better chances but they still don't look overly dangerous when they get in last 3rd of the pitch. We've looked dangerous a few times and passed the ball around quickly but really need to get some shots on target.

I think i'd rather have Gerrard on the pitch than Aurelio at times. Aurelio's dead ball delivery just shows how terrible Gerrard's is.

By that same logic, the lack of Ronaldo shows how shit your whole team is at free-kicks.

It was merely a matter of who wanted it more today, they had much more at stake and so gave it their all

we we also missing little bit of an engine in the middle, we missed fletcher but I thought that anderson might have been able to bring something to the game later on

the ref also played his part, totally inconsistent with the yellow cards

You lot are deluded, the ref was giving you fouls for nothing. Evra got booked for the tackle from behind on Torres right? how is that harsh? Fletcher may have offered a bit more in defending, but how would he bring the ball forward!? hahahahaaaa Anderson should definately have started, he's the only midfielder you have that is genuinely box-to-box, and I'm sure Lucas wouldn't have found so much freedom with his pace and power in the middle. Was he injured? Oh yeah, no that's it, Fergie isn't talkin to him :)

You lot are deluded, the ref was giving you fouls for nothing. Evra got booked for the tackle from behind on Torres right? how is that harsh? Fletcher may have offered a bit more in defending, but how would he bring the ball forward!? hahahahaaaa Anderson should definately have started, he's the only midfielder you have that is genuinely box-to-box, and I'm sure Lucas wouldn't have found so much freedom with his pace and power in the middle. Was he injured? Oh yeah, no that's it, Fergie isn't talkin to him :)

Mate you're a fucking Man Utd hating cunt.

Darren Fletcher has been one of if not the best midfielder in the premiership so far. Did you see the game against Man City?

Fletcher has been a box to box midfilder all season and as of yet not had a single bad game.

Mate you're a fucking Man Utd hating cunt.

Darren Fletcher has been one of if not the best midfielder in the premiership so far. Did you see the game against Man City?

Fletcher has been a box to box midfilder all season and as of yet not had a single bad game.

I didn't say he wasn't important for Utd Disciple...

Wow he's been a box to box midfielder for 9 games! So he is one then... if not the best, then one of!!?? What the fuck are you on!? Who has he done it against? You think he would have offered anything in attack against Mascherano, trust me we'll see in the OT fixture if they're both playing that he most definately won't. Anderson is much better than him for one, but obviously isn't being played 'cause he said something Fergie didn't like.

But if you're goin' on this season well; Fabregas, Lennon, Kuyt, Barry, Wright-Phillips, Lampard, Essien, Giggs, Modric (till he got his leg snapped), Benayoun, Mascherano, Gerrard, Song, all bring a lot more to the table than him, even when they aren't on top form.

I didn't say he wasn't important for Utd Disciple...

Wow he's been a box to box midfielder for 9 games! So he is one then... if not the best, then one of!!?? What the fuck are you on!? Who has he done it against? You think he would have offered anything in attack against Mascherano, trust me we'll see in the OT fixture if they're both playing that he most definately won't. Anderson is much better than him for one, but obviously isn't being played 'cause he said something Fergie didn't like.

But if you're goin' on this season well; Fabregas, Lennon, Kuyt, Barry, Wright-Phillips, Lampard, Essien, Giggs, Modric (till he got his leg snapped), Benayoun, Mascherano, Gerrard, Song, all bring a lot more to the table than him, even when they aren't on top form.

Anderson is not better than Fletcher currently, maybe based on potential sure but on this seasons performances not a chance.

Lennon, Kuyt, SWP even Modric all play in a different position to Fletcher so there great examples. Song = LOL. Lampard and Essien ill give you for sure but even then on current form its minimal. I don't think people realise just how good Fletcher has been this season and this is coming from some one who used to hate him being on the bench nevermind starting.

Anderson is not better than Fletcher currently, maybe based on potential sure but on this seasons performances not a chance.

Lennon, Kuyt, SWP even Modric all play in a different position to Fletcher so there great examples. Song = LOL. Lampard and Essien ill give you for sure but even then on current form its minimal. I don't think people realise just how good Fletcher has been this season and this is coming from some one who used to hate him being on the bench nevermind starting.

You said Midfielders, Fletcher starts plenty of games on the right, so the players mentioned are comparible, as they all defend and attack, except Modric. Song isn't really attacking, but is a much better passer. I am right. :)

Also, I used to stick up for Fletcher when everyone used to coat him off, he brings the engine that every team needs, but as usual, now he's had a few good games you all go to the complete opposite extreme and tout him as the best midfielder in the league, it's fucking laughable.

FATE, shut up. Fletcher has been heralded as one of our best players for years now. It's completely wrong to suggest everyone's jumping on the bandwagon. He used to be pretty crap, now he's very good. And the Anderson/Ferguson dispute (if there even was one) has long been settled.

How could the infalible Sir Alex make a bad sub!!?? :)

Practically every decision went their way!!?? AAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA What the fuck were you watching!? The ref came out in the second half like Fergie had his wife and kids hostage in the dressing room!

Yeah, and last season, and the season before...

You feeling alright, son?

How old is this kid anyway?

and I'm sure Lucas wouldn't have found so much freedom with his pace and power in the middle.

The freedom Lucas was given throughout the match was by the ref to commit foul after foul.

Anyway, we ought not be too harsh on FATE. Yesterday's result meant a lot to those former fans who used to support Liverpool during their glory years.