IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Cracking game in the end but we really should have won it more comfortably. That they only had two attacking players on the pitch and they still had a hatful of chances shows just how easily it could have gone the other way. Great 'performance' by Barry too, since Ronaldo left I forgot what it was like to have a player throw themselves down under any contact whatsoever at OT.

Fucking fan throwing the bottle though, it's like we had to throw bigger things than city fans to show them what bigger cunts some of our fans are :)

Fantastic game, credit to City. They were like a swarm of wasps in the first half.

Tevez had a good chunk of fortune with his goal and I grimaced when Rooney missed the sitter. I thought we had the edge in the end.

Look in this thread over the last few years, when everyone was fawning over Ronaldo I maintained that Rooney was the man. :)

Evra is not bad either, yeay!

Thought Nani had another reasonably solid game too, against better opposition than Hull the other day, although Zabaleta did deal with him more comfortably towards the end. He seems to be using the ball a lot more wisely and isn't as wasteful. A couple of times he cut inside today, when I thought he was going to shoot and blaze it high and wide, he opted to pass instead (which in one instance I think led to the Carrick goal). Dare I say it... perhaps he has turned things around :)

He looks like a valuable understudy to Valencia, basically. Much more of a future for him at our club than I could've seen just a few days ago.

they're different players. Valencia is an old fashioned winger, Nani is a more modern attacking wide man.

Plus Nani can play of the left also.

Mancini seems like a nice guy

I don't think Nani and Valencia are similar players really, other than the fact Nani has now proved he can play well on the right, in a pretty different way.

Thought he was pretty good again today, very pleased, they were all good, and Tevez again. :)

Could have been 4 or 5 in the end, but Tevez' goal though!

Great win. Was worried about the formation but in the second half they were able to get the midfield 3 further forward to give Rooney support. Scholes ran the midfield again. Impressed and happy with Nani for a second time in week. Didnt think I would be saying that a few weeks back. He looked confident and happy which is great. Have to confess I was calling for Giggs to be taken off. What do I know about football eh.

City were always a threat though Utd should have been 4 up by the time Tevez scored. Great game and great advertisement for football apart from the fools that threw shit at Bellamy. People need to wise up and realise it's only sport. Good to have an intense passion but seriously need to catch themselves on.

@ ckny: Best post I've read on any forum in donkeys.

Now I've stopped sobbing I can come in here and congratulate you lot on a great game. It was a really exciting, tense game and I think it could have gone either way.

THE CITY IS OURS

Have that you cunts.

Well it's certainly not yours.

Did nobody else think the first half was diabolical? It was typical United all over again. Lump the ball forward and hope for the best.

But the second half was magic. Really entertaining, more players getting forward and more creativity for the goals.

I tell you what though, we really need to start playing like we do in the last 10 minutes of matches for the full 90. We'd be killing teams 10-0 every match!

Oh, and I stayed in the bar for a little while after the second half had kicked off and they wouldn't let me back to my seat. Had to watch it from the top of the stairs, which was actually a really good spot!

Did nobody else think the first half was diabolical? It was typical United all over again. Lump the ball forward and hope for the best.

But the second half was magic. Really entertaining, more players getting forward and more creativity for the goals.

I tell you what though, we really need to start playing like we do in the last 10 minutes of matches for the full 90. We'd be killing teams 10-0 every match!

Oh, and I stayed in the bar for a little while after the second half had kicked off and they wouldn't let me back to my seat. Had to watch it from the top of the stairs, which was actually a really good spot!

The first half was a timid affair and was a bit of cat and mouse like SAF said after the game. You have to make sure you're in the tie in the second half and thats what we did. We built up the momentum which finally resulted in all 3 central midfield players bombing forward which made it almost impossible for City to defend at times.

Love it.

Haven't jumped and gooned around so much since, since, well since the last time we beat them in the last minute. Strangely enough I've not heard a peep from people who didn't shut up a week ago, their giddiness seems to have subsided.

'This football club will be without doubt the biggest and best in the world.

'People don't like to hear it but I'll make no excuses for saying it, and I will never stop saying it because I truly believe it with the resources and capabilities that we have - and when, not if, we're at Wembley having beaten Man United yet again!'

34 years Garry.

Cracking game in the end but we really should have won it more comfortably. That they only had two attacking players on the pitch and they still had a hatful of chances shows just how easily it could have gone the other way. Great 'performance' by Barry too, since Ronaldo left I forgot what it was like to have a player throw themselves down under any contact whatsoever at OT.

Fucking fan throwing the bottle though, it's like we had to throw bigger things than city fans to show them what bigger cunts some of our fans are :eyebrows:

Has Barry ever turned up against us? I really struggle to remember a time when he's not had the run around. Granted in the early days it was Keane and a young Scholes taking the piss, but it still happens even when we don't have players of the calibre. Only really De Rossi I can think of as somebody else who we've seen as much as our own and never once had a good game.

The guy who chucked that stuff is a fucking idiot. Not only did his bottle miss, but there's more CCTV in there than a bank. You'd have thought the front of the Evening News with the crystal clear images of all the wanted people may have been a warner, if not the breaking news of people having their doors kicked in by riot police on the morn of the game another clue not to act the goon. Ah well.

Talking of moron fans, I love the Impeccables ditty of "Tevez being a blue, he hates Munich". Truly impeccable those great big liars are. I do think we should nick their Ocean Finance song though...