The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Tevez maybe?The defense looked very nervy first half but they improved in the second half of the match. I think it was the tempo that Inter were playing at that left us a bit on the back foot as obviously the Asian Cup the players took part in isn't as physically challenging as playing against the european teams. I'm not too worried, a couple more friendlies against english sides and the charity shield on sunday should be enough to get the players back on their feet and ready for the start of the season. Hopefully Tevez will have also joined them by then. As he mentioned today, he will unfortunately suffer from a lack of pre-season training with this whole affair.

So, according to Sky Sports News he will complete the signing at United tomorrow or Sunday. Train all next week and maybe make his debut against Reading a week on Sunday. ^_^

I'm surprised its been wrapped up so 'quickly', I hadn't expected to sign him untill well into September.

I would say being bandied about like a virtual slave to the whims of a person who controlls your entire career, therefore current life, then told to go to court to sort out the problems of suits that you have very little to do with is pretty tough. Money has nothing to do with piece of mind over your future proffesional career.

Money has nothing to do with piece of mind over your future proffesional career.

Erm, yes it does! Whatever happens the dude still plays Premiership and International football at the highest level whilst getting paid a hefty wage. Not what i'd call "hell".

Well said Fatbob, but then he was stupid enough to sign up with MSI.

It seems to be that he is basically just a 'kid from the ghetto'. It happens a lot worryingly in South America. Agents and companies are exploiting talented young players from poor areas. Its the old story of being tempted from rags to riches, while signing away all rights to your proffesional freedom. Some people have compared it to 21st century slavery. Although, these 'slaves' do get payed. So I concede perhaps "hell" was too strong an expression, but then again, it is just an expression. The same as saying 'nightmare' or 'horror'. I think you understand what I mean dizogg. :(

As mentioned before, didn't Tevez say he wanted to be a West Ham legend? Like Bobby Moore? What happened?!

I, for one, throw evil eyes at the doubters who said that Tevez and Mascherano had only gone to West Ham to later secure moves to such clubs as Liverpool and Man Utd.

LOLZ.

Footballers/agents - they really seem to be deceitful scum (until they play for our team, right).

Let's hope Tevez gets booed a lot when he returns to Upton Park. As usually they do that with EVERYONE. West Ham fans...what's wrong with them?