IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

This is weird. We're 2-0 up against Arsenal away from home, before half-time. The game is very open, but we have the solidity to resist their breaks. They're very open at the back, I'm surprised Arsene didn't tighten it up for this game. We're playing fantastically, no doubt about that, but Arsenal have made it easy for us so far.

Agreed, Hargreaves running off the bench and I'd expect to wake up any second.

I'm impressed by our defence too. We never look too stretched, although Arsenal are probing, you never feel much is going to come of it. Very assured, although I still feel Arsenal's defence have flattered our attack.

Scholes has a big role to play yet, it would seem. He had a great game. Him, Carrick and Fletch embarrassed Arsenal's excuse for a midfield. Very strange, as they were the better side when they came to visit earlier in the season.

More and more, I'm appreciating Rooney's qualities as a 'lone' centre forward (as long as he gets good support which he did today). He's such a fantastic focal point. Maybe he'll need a partner later in his career, but right now he just doen't need one. He can do the business on his own.

Arsenal were not set up with any particular sort of balance today, they threw a lot at us in attack which we soaked up gladly, and as soon as we got the ball they didn't put up much resistance. The game was done quite quickly, as a result. I think they flattered us, but I guess we did well to take advantage of their bad day.

I hope Nani can keep on playing like he played today and it's not just a weird case where he can only play well against Arsenal.

It's not just against Arsenal though is it? He played well against Hull and City. Finger crossed he can keep it up though.

Exactly, he's had a run of form which will get the manager, his teammates and the fans all behind him. It's all going to do wonders for his confidence, he knows he's playing well and has finally won the respect of everyone. He's not Ronaldo, but now he's not trying to be which is great, he's finally expressing himself rather than running into dead ends.

I want to see him have a go on the left, with Valencia on the right. If not, shame, we've just got two fantastic right wingers. Evra and Rooney can continue to solve all our left-wing related problems.

Nani's trick for the first goal would take pride of place on any Ronaldo or Messi highlights reel, but his contribution to the second goal was more impressive in terms of the team, simply because when he received it I said, 'this is where we miss Ronaldo'. True, Ron would have struck a rocket in the top corner anyway, but Rooney's sensational run would have been wasted on him.