The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Very pleasing performance. Solid all over the park. Nani was disappointing again, Ferguson must know that he just can't play wide left effectively. Rooney only 10 short of Ronaldo's 42. Eight league games and at least 2 Champions League games to go...

Yeah, I saw that temporary banner. Very amusing.

Are you involved in the green and gold campaign in some way Liamness?

I support it unequivocally, but beyond that no. Incidentally, about five minutes from time the stadium was full of scarves being waved about. I've never seen so many 'colours' at a football match. Also, Vidic is well and truly back to his best; watch MOTD to see one of the best tackles you'll see the whole season. Rooney has scored 24 in the last 23 games; he is going to get very, very close to matching Ronaldo. Berbatov was a god for us today too.

Very pleasing performance. Solid all over the park. Nani was disappointing again, Ferguson must know that he just can't play wide left effectively. Rooney only 10 short of Ronaldo's 42. Eight league games and at least 2 Champions League games to go...

I think Nani as been good in the last 2 games playing on the left. I realise you're not a massive fan of his but cut him some slack! He was probably the best player in the first half against Fulham. Provided some telling crosses for the left which led to some very good chances, the bets one being Berbatov sitter that he missed with his head.

Its good to see Rio and Vidic back too. If they two can stay fit until the end of the season we'll be in with a good shout in both the League and Champions League. We're playing with really well at the right time. Some of the one touch interplay on Sunday was cracking to see.

Rooney is ridiculous at the moment, everything just seems to be going for him. I love it!

Rooney still wants to be right in the action all over the pitch, but has learned to hold his position for the sake of the team. He still screams at people when they don't do their job, because he knows exactly what everyone should be doing, as evidenced by him trying to do it all himself in previous seasons. Future captain of club and country, and his sheer intuition on the field and desire suggests he could be a brilliant manager too.

In short; Ronaldo is brilliant, but we should still feel like the luckiest fans in the world to have Rooney. They are both in brutal form, it's very difficult to separate the two.

I think Nani as been good in the last 2 games playing on the left. I realise you're not a massive fan of his but cut him some slack! He was probably the best player in the first half against Fulham. Provided some telling crosses for the left which led to some very good chances, the bets one being Berbatov sitter that he missed with his head.

I'll respectfully disagree. He was the most frustrating player on the field. He had Kelly in his pocket but dawdled on the ball so often allowing him back in to position. His crosses were just put in there without trying to pick anyone out and he has been taking corner lessons from Ryan Giggs - how not to clear the first man.

He was scintillating on the right flank a few weeks back before his suspension, from the left I just don't think he's effective. I'd rather Park played out there.

Incidentally, about five minutes from time the stadium was full of scarves being waved about. I've never seen so many 'colours' at a football match.

Yeah but if they're all essentially lining the Glazers' pockets with their very presence, what's the point? :unsure:

Hence why the green and gold scarves remain a viable visible alternative when its unlikely that there would be any significant crowd gaps.

On that note, Barry Glendenning suggested the other week that United and Liverpool fans should both boycott the game at the weekend to protest their respective American infestations.

It wouldn't work out for a number of reasons, but it would really send a message to have an empty stadium on the biggest game of the year (well, one of them).

we scored more goals this season in the league than the whole of last

Where are the goals going to come from?

I also think we've played the better football this year compared to last year too, for whatever reason(s).

I also think we've played the better football this year compared to last year too, for whatever reason(s).

We have over the last month or so, but before that we were as dire as usual. I just hope we keep it up for the rest of the season and the Champ's League.