The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

We'll be able to beat Bayern and both French teams. I also thought going into the draw if any team can beat Barca it's Arsenal, so that's gone our way too. Feeling supremely confident right now.

I think Inter v Barca could be an interesting semi if they both progress - it'd be quite nice if we could get Inter in the final, it'd be nice to get one over on Mourhino

I think Inter v Barca could be an interesting semi if they both progress - it'd be quite nice if we could get Inter in the final, it'd be nice to get one over on Mourhino

I personally wouldn't want to be anywhere near Inter in the final, Morinho excels at this kind of match, and Inter proved that they are not only a dirty cheating bunch but a very good side too.

If we get there I'd like a rematch of last year, but a United vs Arsenal final would be tasty too. Sorry CSKA, I don't give you much chance.

Munich are no pushovers either though, they are a hard, physical side with some amazing players, they're hitting way below the sum of their parts over the past few years.

I personally wouldn't want to be anywhere near Inter in the final, Morinho excels at this kind of match, and Inter proved that they are not only a dirty cheating bunch but a very good side too.

If we get there I'd like a rematch of last year, but a United vs Arsenal final would be tasty too. Sorry CSKA, I don't give you much chance.

Munich are no pushovers either though, they are a hard, physical side with some amazing players, they're hitting way below the sum of their parts over the past few years.

Balls to Munich, Park can show Ribery what it's like to be the best left winger in the world

I assume you're taking the piss out of how we usually talk up these games?

Problem is, this is the only game they'll have been properly up for in a while. A win could reinvigorate their season, Benitez knows it. However judging by form, I think we will probably kick ass today. The gap in quality is pretty massive, aside from Vidic v Torres there's not much to worry about. If Gerrard even needs shutting up, I'm sure Fletch will be on him. As brilliant as Reina is, I don't think they can keep us out today.

I hope so.

It's a season over game though. If we win, their season is over and no fifth place. If they win, our season is over and no title. If we draw, we're both fucked.

Interesting article about us getting over Ronaldo.

Raises some interesting points, which i think we all knew, what it doesn't really address though is that when we had Ronaldo, and he was on an off day or injured and latterly in Madrid, we had Rooney to step into the breach - another world class goal-scoring playmaker. We also had Tevez to fill in the gaps. Now we have Rooney and some supporting players who are starting to come of age, but if we don't have Rooney, then we don't have another Rooney to step up to the plate. Not with big John O'Shea out with a dead leg anyhoo...

Park so close just now. Unfortunately, he does not have the head of a centre-forward. Such a great ball in from Valencia.

Torres in the book, he's certainly been lively. Would be amusing if he got himself sent off. He doesn't seem to be calming down at all, another challenge from him that could've easily drawn a yellow.

I bloody love Parky. If only he was taller...

Pat's been great too.

Yeah, Evra has been more effective than their right wing combined. Game looks tight though and could still go either way. Hopefully they will tire and we can find a way through.