The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Doesn't Robben play of the right the majority of the time for Bayern though? With Ribery on the left?

With Schweinsteiger playing as a defensive midfielder they seem to like to play a lot of their top players out of position. :)

Yeah Robben plays on the right, but wingers playing on the 'wrong' wing and cutting inside is a very popular tactic at the moment. Schweinsteiger has been very successful as a DM along with Van Bommel, and has kept Tymoschuk - who is an excellent player - out of the side for much of this season.

Team according to SSN:

-------------VDS

Neville----Rio---Vidic---- Paddy

------Carrick----Fletcher

Park-------Scholes-------Nani

----------- Rooney

Subs: Kush, Rafael, Berbatov, Gibson, Giggs, Evans & Valencia

No Robben.

Feeling quite confident. :(

No surprises in the team then, as was anticipated.

It's real harsh on Berbatov who I feel has been excellent since Christmas, but the manager has a tried and tested system that clearly works so he's going to stick with that and it'll always be Rooney that gets the nod. Don't think Berba will ever get the recognition he deserves at Utd, which is a shame.

Quite confident we'll get a result, certainly should score at least. They've a handful of real, real good players so we'll have to be awake at the start.

The variant 4-3-3 we play is proven in Europe and unfortunately it only has room for one center-forward, which is always going to be Rooney at the moment, like Liamness says though, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him at some stage, either to add an extra attacker, or to close the game down depending on how we are doing. Hes an important player to have. Feel the love guys. :(

Berbatov is the man and I can't believe that people don't see his value. But then I go on the Guardian sports comments pages... :(

You'd have to be a complete fool to not recognise the quality he adds to the team when he's on the pitch.

I'm excited about tonight, yet wary of their threat going forward.

Was talking to my dad today about Fergusons comments about Aberdeen drawing 0-0 and everyone being happy but Fergie. My dad said it was true, which is incredible really.

Dad said in the dressing room he was a bit pissed off, as he knew they'd get some goals at Pittodrie. They did too, but Aberdeen won in the end :(

Anyway, I don't like Man Utd per say but I like Fergie, so hope he grabs a win tonight.

What's with the lighter areas of grass in the goal areas? Relayed part of the pitch or something?

I'd imagine so. Bayern change parts of the pitch every few weeks, getting the patches of grass sent to them from another part of Germany. Pretty sure that's what it'll be.

I'd imagine so. Bayern change parts of the pitch every few weeks, getting the patches of grass sent to them from another part of Germany. Pretty sure that's what it'll be.

Reminds me of those shitty ITV graphics that shows the position of Rooney looking for headers as described by Steve Staunton.