The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Referee Mike Dean has been demoted from officiating in the Premier League this weekend. Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson called his performance "poor" in their 2-1 defeat by Chelsea on Saturday, while Dean also awarded Blackburn a questionable penalty in their 1-0 win over Burnley the week before.

Neville will play tonight :lol:

Is this you prophecising or have you got proof? I fail to beleve Fergie still hasn't spotted he's complete shit and doesn't deserve to play for a local pub team these days, let alone United in a vtal Champions League match.

Is this you prophecising or have you got proof? I fail to beleve Fergie still hasn't spotted he's complete shit and doesn't deserve to play for a local pub team these days, let alone United in a vtal Champions League match.

I believe phresh is prophecising but is it really hard to believe?! I'd be very surprised but ecstatic if Neville wasn't first onto the pitch for us tonight.

He just wants someone with experience is all, it's nothing to do with a hard on. If Brown or O'shea were fit enough to start he would put them in. Rafael, on the big occasions has made some mistakes, and although hes decent going forward, hes far from a safe pair of hands against the likes of Ribery, hardly anyone is.

For the record I don't think Neville should play after his last two games, but then i'm not the boss and I don't know the squad's status.

More offside goals!

Lets get past this: One Joe Cole goal + one offside goal + one handled goal = shitty officials and 0-1 Chelsea. They played better for the majority of the match, so therefore probably deserved it on balance.

You mean one half, yes? And if they didn't have that second goal we may have scored more, who knows.

We had plenty of time to score goals regardless of how many they scored. We just simply weren't good enough, and even when we were attacking them in the 2nd half we never really looked like scoring, there was virtually no penetration, Berbatov was isolated and bullied off the ball and we were closed down and given no space to create any build up play aside from booted switches to the flanks to be crossed to nobody.

There are many variables which dictate how many goals we could have scored on the day, none of them change the fact that Chelsea were the better team and knew how to stop a tired and uninspired team from taking the game to them in any meaningful way.

Please play Raphael instead of Neville. At least if Raphael makes a mistake he has some pace. When Neville makes mistakes he may as well lie down and give up on ever catching the player.

Really doubt Raphael will play though. Personally I'm going for Giggs, Carrick and Fletcher in the middle and Nani and Valencia on the wings. Just can't see Scholes playing a third game in 8 days especially given that his recent form has been lacklustre. Given our injuries I'm not sure how else we could line up. Park has often played in the big games but he was ineffective in the last two. Since we need to win we need some penetration and I'm sure Nani can do a decent job of tracking back.